Does anyone have any employment law knowledge?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6167 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has any employment law knowledge here as I have a problem with my employer and cant seem to find proper help anywhere.

If anyone knows where/who I can contact for advice (other than the Citizens advice bureau) I would be really grateful.

Thanks in advance :-?

Perhaps if you stated what advice you need people may be able to help or point you in the right direction...

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Hi Barracad,

Thanks for your reply.

Its a bit of a sensitive nature to be honest and if I post the situation here and someone from my work was readin it, they would know it was me.

I was hoping someone would be able to help via PM if they can help.

Not that helpful from me I know but I hope you understand.

In that case I would suggest a forum is not the best place for you.

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!

In that case I would suggest a forum is not the best place for you.

I know its not ideal but Im struggling to know where to look. I was hoping someone may know of a website or something to point me in the right direction.

Couldn't you change names, or keep away from too much detail...? People'd like to help, but they need to know whether they can help or not...

I know what you mean Demon but the problem is, my situation is a very rare one so even if I posted a little detail it would pretty much be known it was me.

I knew it was a longshot but thought it was worth a go.

Have you tried Acas.

call them on 08457 47 47 47

GE Money S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued 21/11/06. Responded 01/12/06. Prelim sent 05/12/06 £406. Response 12/12/06- **SETTLED IN FULL** (£396)

HSBC S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued 05/12/06. NO charges in last 6 years.

Lowell CCA issued 21/11/06. Further reminder sent 8/12/06. Now commited criminal offence no response.

Capital One S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 08/12/06 Responded 03/01/07-Prelim Sent 16/01/07. LBA issued 06/02/07- N1 served 07/03/07- acknowledged 14/03/07.

Scotcall CCA issued 16/01/07. Criminal offence committed.

HFC Prelim sent 16/01/07. LBA sent- Final Correspondance issued with time limit of 29/03/07.

Guest jameshusky

I know a little about employment law, what I do know I know is right, feel free to PM me if you wish.. I make no form of guarantee that I can help, but I'll certainly have a look. If not, CAB are good.

J

Have you tried Acas.

call them on 08457 47 47 47

I have yes but my employer doesnt agree with what Ive been told and Im now trying to clarify 2 elements.

Might like to try this as a starter.

Employment Law

Good link, thanks for that, will take a read now.

Are you part of a union? Do you have a workers' organisation you could go to, or internal complaints?

No none of those, the company isnt big enough.

I know a little about employment law, what I do know I know is right, feel free to PM me if you wish.. I make no form of guarantee that I can help, but I'll certainly have a look. If not, CAB are good.

J

Thanks James, I will take alook at the link and may come back to you if I still need help.

Legal aid free 1/2 hour?

Thanks, I dont think I qualify for legal aid as my earnings are normally too high. Do you know how I would find this out?

Im overwhelmed with all your responses. Thanks very much

Thanks, I dont think I qualify for legal aid as my earnings are normally too high. Do you know how I would find this out?

I always thought, and I might be wrong, that everyone was entitled to a free 1/2 hour, I know when I've been in the past they've never asked about earnings etc. Might be worth giving a couple of solicitors a ring and find out.

I always thought, and I might be wrong, that everyone was entitled to a free 1/2 hour, I know when I've been in the past they've never asked about earnings etc. Might be worth giving a couple of solicitors a ring and find out.

Its the solicitors themselves who offer the free "up to" half of one hour. If it takes more than the half hour they can start charging.

PUTTING IT IN WRITING & KEEPING COPIES IS A MUST FOR SUCCESS

• 2 weeks later...

Links on http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/workbully-support/links

are all quite new and engagingly jaded. They're from an employee's perspective on a bullying support site.

Co-operative.co.uk/en/legalservices offeri free telephone legal advice to anyone who joins the co-op (also free but the online form is down),

or Whichlegalservice.co.uk do it for £12.75 a quarter.

If the problem hasn't yet blown-up and got formal, it might not be too late to take out legal insurance. Employers can do it in the normal way; employees have to add it on to home contents insurance.

I'll shamelessly plug my own unfinished site Employees.org.uk