Lowell Portfolio I vs CCA (HELP !!!)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6185 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Could someone help pls !!!

I recently received a letter from Lowell Portifolio(I) for a debt i owed about 4 year ago. Being an honest soul that i am, i quickly called to make payments arrangements and was disgusted by the tone of voice and the very condescending way in which i was treated by the person i spoke to. I was almost made to believe i had commited a criminal offence. I however agreed to pay them £34 a month which i cant really afford but the pressure was so much that i had to give in. I have since paid them the said amount for three months and intend to continue.

Just a week ago, i received another one for a debt i owed T Mobile dating back to 2002 to the sum of £308.After going thru this site i decided to dispute it on the basis that i have no recollection of the true amount i really owe T Mobile and also, that theres no clear proof that the debt has been passed on to Lowell Portifolio I.

I sent them a template form the library requesting 1) True copy of original credit agreement, 2) Statement of account, 3) Copy of executed deed of assignment, in which i stated was their obligation.

Their response was.......

We are in receipt of your request for a copy of the executed credit agreement in acordance with Section 78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

The agreement to wich you seeek is not a regulated consumer credit agreement and is not governed by the terms of the above Act.

Our client therefore has no obligation under the provisions of the act to supply the information requested by you.

Pls find enclosed your postal order for the £1 adminstration fee.

We would therefore request you contact us on the number below to put forward your proposals to settle the outstanding debt. 0845.....

Could someone please help me as to how to proceed from here. They are still within the statutory 12 working days as they responded in 2 working days.

Thanks in advance,

hB