Template Letter

jscouser2002
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6530 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Im looking for a template letter saying that i will accept "x" amount but i am stilll going to pursue for the rest? Anyone got one that i can have and edit around please? Maybe one they have used for there own case.

Thanks alot very grateful

Sort Code: XXXXXX

Account Number: XXXXXXXX

8th June 2006

Dear Mr Beaumont,

Thank you for your letter dated 5 June 2006 offering me £525.00 of my total claim of £619.00. Unfortunately I am not willing to accept this sum and I am continuing to claim for the full amount.

Furthermore, you have applied a further £50.00 unlawfully to my account on 8th June 2006 which means as stated in my previous letter I will be revising my claim, increasing the total amount to £669.00.

As a courtesy, I am willing to extend my deadline by a further 10 days before issuing my claim to the County Court. If you do not comply fully within 10 days then I shall begin a claim against you for the full amount plus interest, plus my costs and without further notice.

As I have stated in my previous letter, I shall submit a Consumer Credit Act 1974 complaint to the OFT upon the basis that you have failed to comply with the OFT's direction of 5 April 2006 and are therefore not a 'fit and proper person' to hold a consumer credit licence under the 1974 Act. If you do not understand what this means then seek advice from your legal department.

Yours sincerely

Would this be good enough?

I just had to edit your post - you DON'T want to post your account details to the forum!!! :eek::eek::eek:

My suggestions - delete the bits in red and add the bits in green:

Sort Code: XXXXXX

Account Number: XXXXXXXX

8th June 2006

Dear Mr Beaumont,

Thank you for your letter dated 5 June 2006 offering me £525.00 in part settlement to my of my total claim of £619.00. Unfortunately I am not willing to accept this sum and therefore I am continuing to claim for the full amount.

Furthermore, you have applied a further £50.00 unlawfully to my account on 8th June 2006 which means as stated in my previous letter I will be revising my claim, increasing the total amount to £669.00.

As a courtesy, I am willing to extend my deadline by a further 10 7 days before issuing my claim to the County Court. If you do not comply fully within 10 7 days then I shall begin a claim against you for the full amount plus interest, plus my costs and without further notice.

As I have stated in my previous letter, I shall submit a Consumer Credit Act 1974 complaint to the OFT upon the basis that you have failed to comply with the OFT's direction of 5 April 2006 and are therefore not a 'fit and proper person' to hold a consumer credit licence under the 1974 Act. If you do not understand what this means then seek advice from your legal department.

Yours sincerely

Apart from the minor edits, it's fine. Good luck. :)

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.