style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5145 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Issue1: I am to make an outstanding payment to MBNA of £300 and I was wondering given that the owe me circa £2600 in charges, (my montly payment would be far less & so my charge far less): do I 'NOT' pay them until my action against

them has been settled :-D:-D or am I requried to pay them :-x:evil: ?

Issue 2: About two months ago due to interest charges applied by MBNA on my account it took me over my credit limit some £269. They are now claiming that back + the above repayment charge.

Can I contend that given that they owe me £2600 I would never have gone over my limit etc...etc....?

Are there template letters available or has anyone had experience in either or both of my cases and if so advice and letters would be welcome?

TIA

ONY

• Barclaycard (2 Accounts) CCA sent to both on 20.5.07 (defaulted)
  • MBNA CCA defaulted 14.6.07 (Claim £2600)
  • Capital one: Reject offer LBA 18.6.07
  • HSBC/Metropolitan/DG Solicitors: Credit agreement not found by DG Solicitors. Sent new CCA to Metropolitan 18.6.07 with original timeline 18th May 2007.

I think I need this moved across to the MBNA forum. (Moderators please help)

Thx

• HSBC/Metropolitan/DG Solicitors: Credit agreement not found by DG Solicitors. Sent new CCA to Metropolitan 18.6.07 with original timeline 18th May 2007.

I presume you have started a claim against mbna for your charges back ? If your charges are more than you owe them.If you have not started a claim.Then do so immediately. Then write to them:

Ask your creditors to hold action on your account.

1 High Street,

Newtown,

Kent

R21 4RH

June 28, 2006

The Loan Company

Company House,

Church Street,

Newtown,

Kent,

R1 7HG

Dear Sir/Madam

Re:− Account/Reference Number

We are writing to inform you that we are seeking advice and assistance regarding our current financial difficulties.

To this end, we would appreciate if you could hold any action on the above account for a period of at least 28 days.

Also, during this period, could you please freeze interest and/or any other charges accruing on the above account.

We look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible.

Yours faithfully

Mr A N Other

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

Thanks Parkvale.

(Been nosing around): Should I hit both of them with a CCA letter....if they have the CCA then I can go straight to claiming my money back, if not then I can, if the they fail to submit my CCA in the designated frame then can remove the debt.

A cca letter?? CCA being consumer credit act. I think you mean a DPA. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/516-1-data-protection-act.html. Which will start you on the process of receiving your statements and claiming your charges back.Good luck.

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

A cca letter?? CCA being consumer credit act. I think you mean a Data Protection Act. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/516-1-data-protection-act.html. Which will start you on the process of receiving your statements and claiming your charges back.Good luck.

THX Parkvale;

I am also informed from this thread that I can use the CCA approach.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/90261-mbna-response-2.html#post838058

Which is it?

ony,6) If the creditor under an agreement fails to comply with subsection (1)—

(a) he is not entitled, while the default continues, to enforce the agreement

Therefore, once the default is rectified, whatever the timescale, he may enforce the agreement once again.

Sorry about that. Yes try The CCA route.GOOD LUCK.

Thx for the clarification!

Will keep you informed as to progress.