Jump to content


jimi_hendrix vs Cahoot


crystalcag
 Share

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5088 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

 

Please click the "Report " link

 

at the bottom of one of the posts.

 

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

 

Thanks

Recommended Posts

Hi, I'm trying to put interest details into a spreadsheet for my partner Jimi but am totally confused by what Cahoot has done on the list of charges they sent him. There are two rates of interest for some dates and one for others. (for example 18 March 2005 he was charged Debit Interest 009.6100% -> transaction value -£1.84, balance -£528.92 AND Debit Interest 020.0000% -> transaction value -£0.17, balance £-529.09. I guess this could be because he went over his limit (because they charged him) so they are charging one rate for part of it and one rate for the bit over the limit (:-? is this correct). My problem now is how to reflect this in the bloomin' spreadsheet. I'm using Mindzai's spreadie as I used it for mine and kind of understand it....Anyone got any ideas? or what are you doing for your interest ?

thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites

One rate will be for authorized OD rate and one for Un-authorized.

 

By far the easiest way of doing things is at Bank charges: Reclaim them, they're unlawful, so you can get six years money back | MoneySavingExpert: Consumer Revenge, Credit Cards, Shopping, Bank Charges, Cheap Flights and more,

 

where half way down you will find the charges and interest calculator

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Hi again,

Have been through the usual letter stages.

Preliminary request: 31 May

LBA: 20 June

 

On the 22nd June JimiH received a letter giving notice of intention to register default information.

 

He wrote back to them using a template letter I found somewhere on here...

 

 

I acknowledge your letter dated 22 June 2007 informing me of your intention to register default information against me.

 

On 31 May 2007, I wrote to your Head Office to inform you that I had became aware that the penalty charges levied to my account were unlawful, and requested their repayment. As such, the account is now in dispute. I would like to refer you to Section 13 paragraph 6 of the Banking Code which states that you may not post anything to credit reference agencies while the amount owed is in dispute.

 

If you do not stop this default action and proceed by making any adverse comments on my credit reference files. I shall be forced to take legal action against you under the Data Protection Act 1998.

 

We also enclosed a Notice pursuant to s.10 of the Data Protection Act 1998.

 

We've heard nothing more from Abbey/Cahoot regarding the default but received a letter this morning from Richard Harris apologizing for the delay in the investigation ... would like to reassure you that your complaint is very important to us. blah blah"

 

Since J has been blocked from looking at statements on line he phoned to to see what was happening (they won't supply paper statements). Apparently they have gone ahead with the default notice.

 

Should they have sent some kind of letter informing him? Can they totally ignore his letter with s.10 Notice?

 

I was about to do the Particulars for J's charges but have put it on hold for a while until I find out what, if anything we can do about the default.

 

Oh just one more thing. Is it usual when searching one's file with a CRA for certain things not to come up? I know that J has a CCJ and his house was reposessed last year but there was no sign of these things or the default.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there anybody out theeeeere!??

 

My partner received a second intention to register default information this morning. Is this usual?

 

Has anyone else had repeat letters?

 

What can he do other than what we've already done?

 

I'd really appreciate some advice.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

Since the last post my partner received a standard complaints letter about the OFT case (received 23 August).

 

Everything was put on hold because of various reasons...

 

Then this morning he received a letter from Buchanan Clark and Wells

 

Re:- cahoot

Debt Outstanding £1,056,65

Dear Sir / Madam,

We have received instructions from our above named clients to initiate formal debt collection proceedings for the unpaid debt as detailed above.

Please contact this office immediately in order that we can discuss a satisfactory settlement to this matter.

Unless you make arrangements to settle the account within 72 hours our agent may be instructed to attend your premises to establish your residency and reason for non-payment.

You must take this opportunity to settle the matter amicably in order to avoid possible legal action being instigated.

Please do not underestimate the seriousness of this matter and attend to this notice immediately as this will be your final opportunity.

If you are experiencing financial difficulties, or you wish to make a proposal please call us today.

Yours Faithfully,

Recoveries Department

 

So it looks like they've totally ignored everything and are just following their own plan. In the LBA J is claiming £1,115 in charges plus £89.67 in overdraft interest. Total £1,204.67.

 

The charges amount to more than the sum Cahoot are trying to collect. What now. Shall we write to BCW informing them of the LBA and his intention to take the claim to court - or let them take him to court and make a counterclaim?

 

I would spend the required time researching but I have a stay hearing on Tuesday and need to gather together my bundle!!!

 

Thanks in advance

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

hi,

Since my last post - my partner has received 3 more letters from Buchanan Clark & Wells, requesting payment of the outstanding "debt". The last one said they will start court proceedings which may result in court costs, bailiffs etc etc. I have been searching but can find nothing (perhaps I'm missing it totally). What should he do now?

 

1. Wait for them to issue a claim and then make a counter claim?

2. Send another LBA and then follow it through?

3. An alternative?

 

Hope someone can help

Link to post
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Have we helped you ...?


×
×
  • Create New...