Charge refund sucess - (only £38 though)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5452 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I was shocked this morning to find that Natwest had refused a DD on my account and charged me £38, (which was more than the DD amount) because my account was 19p short!

I had found out on Sunday that the funds were short, so transfered £20 from another Natwest account so that they would arrive on Monday.

They claim the charge was done because the DD was requested at Monday 00:00:01 and that the money transfered in at 00:00:02! So they claim technically not there!

Also they told me that for funds to be cleared in an account they should be there 24 hours before they are to be withdrawn/taken including cash paid in over the counter!

Well after arguing for only 4 minutes they agreed to refund half the charge, then I exlpained the charges are unlawful and against OFT guidlienes, by 11 minutes they had refunded the total charge, but explained future charges would stand!!

JM

Brilliant!

[SIZE=1] [SIZE=1][COLOR=royalblue][COLOR=black][B]NatWest [/B] Offer accepted - 24/07/06 - £615[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=1][COLOR=royalblue][COLOR=black]-----------------------------------------------[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=1][COLOR=royalblue][COLOR=black][B]Cap One [/B] Prelim - 22/08/06[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=1][COLOR=royalblue][COLOR=#000000]LBA sent - 06/09/06 [/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=1][COLOR=royalblue][COLOR=#000000] MCOL issued 06/10/06 Served 11/10/06. Acknowledged - Deadline 25/10/06 [COLOR=Red] Offer of full settlement via personal cheque accepted £269. Wait 14 days in post for cheque from - 07/11/06 [/COLOR] [/COLOR] [/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=magenta][B][COLOR=darkslateblue]Hit the [/COLOR][COLOR=darkslateblue][URL="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr"][COLOR=red]DONATE BUTTON[/COLOR] [/URL]and give 5% back to support this site! And don't forget the [COLOR=red]survey ;) [/COLOR][/COLOR][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE] [/SIZE]

Good one :) Right through might. Keep fighting...

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.