PPI Lloyds Tsb Over 6 years

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5240 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anyone tell me if you can claim back a missold PPI taken out in April 2001.

I do not have a copy of the agreement and it was paid up earlier, are Lloyds Tsb required to keep this information longer than 6 years, if so would I be able to request a copy of it for the details.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Can anyone tell me if you can claim back a missold PPI taken out in April 2001.

I do not have a copy of the agreement and it was paid up earlier, are Lloyds Tsb required to keep this information longer than 6 years, if so would I be able to request a copy of it for the details.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Hello cf1958,

In answer to your first question yes, you can claim back a mis-sold ppi taken out in April 2001.

The second question. I would presume that they will tell you that because it was so long ago and it was settled, they have no legal requirement to have it.

The 6 year rule, I believe refers to the limitation act, but you can start a claim anytime you suspect you were mis-sold the policy. I think:confused: Can you tell us when the loan sarted, how long it ran for and when it finished.

You need to read around the threads and gain valuable information regarding the different laws, acts, etc.

Do you have any information relating to the loan, account no, amount of loan, interest, ppi and interest applied. If so you can start the ball rolling:grin: Reclaiming mis-sold ppi is the same process as the bank charges, prelim letter then letter before action. There are a few letters posted in the threads

If not sent a Subject Access Request under the data protection Act and give them 40days to comply. There will possibly be some information, re monthly payment of loan and ppi in some sort of breakdown.

Be warned that they will try to fobb you off, because if they don't they will have to return your mis-sold ppi, and I really don't think that they will want to do that:lol:

I have been sucessful with a claim back in 2001 for mis-sold ppi. They refunded the whole premium and interest, and over £2,000 interest from 2001. I had to keep at them, but in the end they gave it back.

If you need help advice or info, just ask:grin:

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW