• Tweets

• In that case I don't think you'd have any grounds for a claim against the receiver, short of anything actually criminal. The receiver was appointed by the lender so any claim you make should be aginst them. How much equity do you reckon there was when they took possession? Realistic value less outstanding balance (including arrears).  This messing around makes me wonder even more if the property was wildly over valued. Normally a lender would sell and not really care if they got the best price so long as they covered the balance plus their costs. 
    • Hey @lookinforinfo I'm not sure, I don't believe he told them he's the driver. He must have selected an option saying that he's appealing on behalf of the driver or something of the sort. In more news, however, these wannabe thugs are back at it again. Honestly, what a joke. In the letter they sent before this it said they had made "2 attempts" and in this letter they said "4 attempts", I wonder what happened to the "3rd attempt" lol.  WhatsApp Image 2024-04-18 at 14.06.07_44abc9c8.pdf
    • Hi all, I purchased a car in January from Big Motoring World Leeds. At the time of sale I was shown a tab on the salespersons computer marked 'service history' and I was able to take comfort knowing that the car had been serviced on 3 occasions as the date, mileage and company was there on screen. Being a 3 and a bit year old car that, in my mind, constituted full service history 🤷‍♂️ Anyway, collected the car a week later. Once home I settled down to through the book pack etc. Opened the service history booklet and it was completely blank. In addition there were no invoices detailing that any services had been done. I duly contacted BMW and asked them to supply me with proof of service history. They responded saying that on their 'vehicle documentation checklist' I had ticked and then signed to the fact that I had seen the service history and that I was happy with it. I dug out this checklist and what it actually states is 'seen service history online' which I had in the showroom. BMW seem to think that this satisfies their responsibility in providing service history. The reality is that I don't have any proof that the vehicle has ever been serviced! For my own peace of mind I ended up paying for a service that satisfied the manufacturers maintenance schedule to the tune of £330. I even complained to the finance company that the vehicle contravenes the Sale of Goods act 2015 as l, in effect, ot is not as described. Amazingly they weren't interested and instead I just got an email stating that it's not illegal to sell a vehicle without service history and that servicing costs were part and parcel of vehicle ownership. I've since complained to the ombudsman and am awaiting to see if they can help. I have no issue with the car but the treatment and customer service has been the worst I've ever experienced. I don't really know what to do next as I really do feel aggrieved that I've had to pay to service a car that should have already been serviced. Can anyone point me in the right direction please? 🙏
    • Fraudsters copy the details of firms we authorise to try and convince people that their firm is genuine. Find out why you shouldn’t deal with this clone firm.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

simmo66 verses abbey

simmo66
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5160 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:shock:hi sent off my first letter to ask for my statements on the 12th march 2007 got a reply from abbey dated the 3rd april cant wait to get my money back from abbey they were terrible to me when i was off work for seven weeks due to cancer i beat breast cancer abbey your next

Hi Simmo,

Many congratulations on your Major win, I'm sure Abbey will be easy after that.

Welcome aboard.

There is a lot of information on this site so take your time and spend a couple of days reading as much as you can.

Here are a couple of links to get you started and I suggest you always keep them to hand.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/24031-frequently-asked-questions.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31460-example-step-step-instructions.html

When you are comfortable start a thread "XXXX v Bank Name here" in the relevant bank forum as then people with specific experience of this bank can offer support and advice.

There is a lot of information to take in here so if unsure it is always best to Ask first.

If you need a quick answer to a question you could always try the chatroom as there are usually some very helpful people in there.

Very best of luck

BB

Any advise offered is my own opinion, and if in doubt, always seek clarification.

[

Good for you Simmo. Glad to hear of your recovery. Good news, indeed.

Spend a few days reading the FAQs and the step by step guide in the library section. That will answer most of your initial questions.

Good luck.

Regards, Rooster.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

• 1 month later...

hello everyone

i started my claim with abbey in march 2007 just got a reply from them on the 16th of may stating that they will get back to me in four weeks time, im not waiting four weeks i started to take them to court on the 16th of may im claiming £1889.05 plus interest of £330.67 totaling £2220.17 what i need to know please is what does a court bundle consist of is it all the correspondance between myself and abbey i know i have to have three copies of everything one for me, one for the judge and one for abbey but is there anything else that i need to do im a total novice at this so sorry if i seem a bit thick

HI EVERYONE I got a letter from the court today stating that abbey has untill the 5th june to reply,If abbey does not reply to me by the 5th june do i file for a judgement the next day ?

• 4 weeks later...

hi all today 14th june i recieved a letter from abbey its a letter that came with thier defence of the court claim i have against them they are offering me £1508.11 to settle on a claim worth £2320.17 plus £120.00 court fee .They say in the letter that the charges are liquidated damages, and not penalty charges and are therefore valid pre-estimates of loss, im going to go on with the claim, they also state that they have to charge something, when i go to court if the judge brings that point up about how much do i think i should pay what do i say , bloody abbey they are a pain , they are also chirping up about terms and conditions.

simmo66:)

Isn't the response (if you actually get to court) that Abbey need to provide a breakdown of their costs so that a fair and reasonable charge can be calculated. If you don't know what it costs them you can't cover their loss. I just had a letter today settling in full (before a prelim hearing a week today) £3K plus £500 ish interest plus £220 court costs which includes the AQ fee, so keep on at them they will pay.....

yes simm, don't give up........just keep going. reject what they have offered if that's what you want......there are some template letters for rejecting.

they will come round in the end.....don't worry.

thankyou for your speedy reply ,its been very helpfull im not worrid about going to court im a big girl, im just worrid about making a prat of myself so thankyou again a bit more ammo for me if i get to court , well done on your victory

kind regards SIMMO66 (Dawn)

you won't make a p**t of yourself.....just follow the advice on here to the letter and all will be okay.

make sure whatever you send abbey is recorded so you have proof of when it was sent for the court if needed. i've just put all of mine in my court bundle which was filed a couple of days ago.

good for you, me too. i'm just in the early stages of my second claim....at the moment they have failed to comply with the SAR - i sent a LBA but had no response to that then all of a sudden they sent me an offer of £690 GOGW - they owe me thousands but won't give me my statements to prove it......i just made a formal complaint to the information commissioner...waiting to hear on that.

:D this is the draft letter that im going to send to abbey do you all think its ok

Dear Juan

i respectfully decline your offer of settlement and request, once again, that you return to me all charges imposed on this account, totalling £2320.17. As you allready know i have also had to pay out a court fee of £120.00, and there will be a further fee that i will have to pay to the court of £100.00 for the allocation questionair.

Juan you stated in your letter that you did not want either myself or Abbey to incur any further costs so i would accept the sum of £2440.17.

I trust this clarifies my position

Yours faithfully

simmo 66 :D

• 2 weeks later...

im reading through the defence that abbey have sent to me and they are stating that i quote (In accordance with the limitation act 1980, the defendant denies that the claimant is entitled to any amount relating to fees incurred before 17th may 2001) the thing is when i sent off my s.a.r. in april asking for 6 years of statements. abbey sent me back statements dated from the 1st january 2001 to the 31st december 2006. so that is all ive claimed for. abbey refunded me a lot of charges in 2007 as i was off work due to having a masectomy it amounted to about £300 im a bit confused why are abbey pulling me up on this point . the were awfull to me i had to go down to the canary wharf branch of abbey and prove that i had had a masectomy , i had to take all my medical proof and it was two days after my operation and i still had a drain in, i hate shabby so much, will the judge throw it out cos abbey are saying that im claiming for more than 6 years when im not bloody crabby shabby arggggggg

Hi there

Firstly, I am very sorry to hear you have had such a tough time, and I hope things are getting better for you.

Regarding the 6 years, I am sorry to say this, but you are claiming over that.

It is not 6 years worth of charges you can claim, but up to 6 years from the date of filing at Court.

So the charges between January and May 16th 2001 are outside of this period.

However, there is an argument re "concealment" that can be used, quoting the Statute of Limitations Act. All the relevant info is here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31575-important-things-you-really.html?garpg=6

But I think you have to use the SoLA argument in your Particulars of Claim.

I am sorry again; I am sure this is not what you wanted to hear - I think your best course of action at the moment would be to send a private message to a Moderator or Site Helper for more guidance on this one.

Best regards

Jo xx

Six Nations Champions 2009

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

:cool::-D:cool:

thanks jo for your help im doing fine now just got to be rebuilt i will follow your advice i was offered £1500 to settle so if im out of my depth i will cut and run but i will give it a go to see if i can go further thanks again simmo66 Dawn :D

• 2 weeks later...

i started my second claim against abbey i used mcol just been on mcol checking the status of my claim abbey had untill the 14th july (today) to file a defence they havn't so do i file for judgement in my favour today or leave it till tomorrow ?:-D :-D

:twisted:

6 threads merged.

Please keep all details of this claim here, rather than starting a new one for each question - this will actually help you to receive the best and quickest responses.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Courts generally work Monday to Friday so technically if a deadline was to fall on Saturday or Sunday then the Court would probably let Abbey File a defence on Monday. Phone the Court Monday and if they haven't filed then you can request judgement, but be aware that the court may look more favourably on your case if you were to give Abbey another 14 days in which to file a defence. The chances are Abbey are not deliberately ignoring your case but are simply snowed under. From experience i know that giving them this extra time generally results in an earlier successful pre-court settlement. If you file for judgement now you will have to be prepared to set out your entire case with supporting evidence to the judge. The choice is entirely yours of course, i am just offering my opinion from experience. Abbey seem to be the worst for dealing with each case differently, but if you give them that extra 14 days i am pretty certain you will be receiving an offer before that. Good luck.

thanks for your advice i will check money claim on line on monday and if they havn't filed their defence i will ask for judgement, im in the process of waiting for a court date for my other claim with abbey, they filed a defence on that claim 4 days after it was aknowledged, I dont want to give abbey any more time than i have to :D