offer minus interest

bigsteve
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6529 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello, hsbc have offered me the fees but minus the 8% interest. i obviously dont want to accept this, but i cant find a template letter, does anyone have a template or alternatively, any advice on what content should be in a letter of my own composition?

steve

hello, hsbc have offered me the fees but minus the 8% interest. i obviously dont want to accept this, but i cant find a template letter, does anyone have a template or alternatively, any advice on what content should be in a letter of my own composition?

steve

What stage did they offer you the amount minus the interest?

You should really accept that as the rest is total greed and you will be getting what is rightfully yours and it wont look good in court if you refuse

hi thanks for the replies, the offer was made after i sent the letter requesting full payment. i had not registered any court action. surely if were entitled to the interest we should pursuing it no? they're sharp enough to charge us interest, 12% on a credit card etc. am i not giving in by accepting this?

steve, lets ave em!

hi thanks for the replies, the offer was made after i sent the letter requesting full payment. i had not registered any court action. surely if were entitled to the interest we should pursuing it no? they're sharp enough to charge us interest, 12% on a credit card etc. am i not giving in by accepting this?

steve, lets ave em!

Well its up to you but if it looks bad in court then i would not think its worth the gamble

You've got to take the full offer. You can't claim the 8% interest before it goes to court so if you haven't actually filed a claim with the court you're not entitled to 8% anyway.

If you refuse this offer and then take it to court then it's pure greed and the court are likely to throw it out because it shouldn't be there in the first place given an offer of FULL settlement had already been made.

Take the offer.

OC

i think ill accept in the light of your replies. i was under the misapprehension that i was entitled to the interest regardless. its only £475, maybe thats why they've made the full offer. cheers for the advice folks! nationwide next.

steve

You have a duty to mitigate your losses. If they have offered the full amount, and you have not yet raised a claim in court, you are bound to accept it, assuming that the offer is unconditional.

As has been posted elsewhere, the s.69 interest is applied pursuant to the County Courts Act. As you have not yet raised a claim in the court the act does not apply.

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you refuse this offer and then take it to court then it's pure greed and the court are likely to throw it out because it shouldn't be there in the first place given an offer of FULL settlement had already been made.

To play Devil's advocate here, isn't such an offer made without prejudice, and thus inadmissible in court anyway?

HSBCLloyds TSBcontractual interestNew Tax Creditscoming for you?NTL/Virgin Media

Never give in ... Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy. Churchill, 1941