Power 2 contact Ltd

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4507 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hiya my first experience was i didnt open the door opened my letter box and told him that i was not opening my door to someone unknown to me and when he indicated that he really didnt want to shout it out that he was from the creditor and the reason behind his visit, i actually shouted back i have a dispute and to get off my property forthwith as he has not been invited and he was trespassing and i would be calling the police - to which he walked away and i went back into my living room

so any advice i would give is never open the door to anyone unknown, recommend if you are lady on your own to go upstairs and open a window that you can view people at your door and check and tell them the above

do not trust no one and its harsh to say but please protect yourselves and especially now its getting darker nights

take care and please keep safe laters angel x:)

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i think it is a shame that folk are being led into the false belief that these people (women as well as men) are to be feared

The vast majority of them are just ordinary working people who have been recruited through local job ads as " collectors" and folk tend to confuse them with Bailiffs

(ladies on their own apart) there really is no problem in answering the door to these people . even offering them a cuppa.

These people on the front line have NO legal training and are "easy prey"

A secreted tape recorder and cup of tea and a biscuit may very easily get them to say something they should not.... and what they say is binding on their employers part irrespective of their lack of legal knowldge

personally (and i accept i am not the sort that would be easily intimated) i am quite happy to receive and talk to them.

I would say that IF you have other family around you (ie boyfriend , husband, grown up kids) then invite them in

When they leave i GUARANTEE you will feel that you are in total control and that there never was anything to fear from these people.

trust me- they are on a low basic (if any) and commission

once they know they will get nothing but grief from visiting you they will not return

go on - try it - add another confidence boosting string to your bow

Bailiffs???

Having read back through more of this thread I am now totally confused about what a Bailiff actually is / can do. From reading this thread a bailiff could be employed privately by a firm. Providing he/ she has previously been approvedby the court to work as a bailiff they can enter your premises simply on the say so of a creditor?

i think it is a shame that folk are being led into the false belief that these people (women as well as men) are to be feared

The vast majority of them are just ordinary working people who have been recruited through local job ads as " collectors" and folk tend to confuse them with Bailiffs

(ladies on their own apart) there really is no problem in answering the door to these people . even offering them a cuppa.

These people on the front line have NO legal training and are "easy prey"

A secreted tape recorder and cup of tea and a biscuit may very easily get them to say something they should not.... and what they say is binding on their employers part irrespective of their lack of legal knowldge

personally (and i accept i am not the sort that would be easily intimated) i am quite happy to receive and talk to them.

I would say that IF you have other family around you (ie boyfriend , husband, grown up kids) then invite them in

When they leave i GUARANTEE you will feel that you are in total control and that there never was anything to fear from these people.

trust me- they are on a low basic (if any) and commission

once they know they will get nothing but grief from visiting you they will not return

go on - try it - add another confidence boosting string to your bow

DD I totally disagree with your comments here,

The point is NOT to let these cretins into your property, they have no legal right to enter your property, many people will be scared by them knocking on the door, so it is perfectly correct to call the police and report them, especially if youve told them by letter NOT to attend your address, It is tresspass plain and simple.

Diddy,

I'm shocked & totally gobsmacked with your comment suggesting these cretins be invited into our homes for cuppa, once their in, try getting them to leave - their sole purpose in visiting is to intimidate.

Just imagine alone female reading your post then on Monday gets a knock on the door by one of these cretins & thinking ' oh read on the forum best let him/her in and talk about my problem'.

I'd like to think it was a tongue in cheek comment BUT it was a Totally irresponsible comment mate.

DO NOT LET THEM INTO YOUR HOMES, and I say that as someone who has had a visit from P2C.

Bailiffs???

Having read back through more of this thread I am now totally confused about what a Bailiff actually is / can do. From reading this thread a bailiff could be employed privately by a firm. Providing he/ she has previously been approvedby the court to work as a bailiff they can enter your premises simply on the say so of a creditor?

Bailiffs can only be appointed by a Court and that will only happen if and when a DCA takes you to court and wins. Debt Collectors are not Bailiffs and have no powers whatsoever.

My advice - don't talk to them at all except to tell them to f*** off - especially don't invite them into your home.

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

Diddy,

I'm shocked & totally gobsmacked with your comment suggesting these cretins be invited into our homes for cuppa, once their in, try getting them to leave - their sole purpose in visiting is to intimidate.

Just imagine alone female reading your post then on Monday gets a knock on the door by one of these cretins & thinking ' oh read on the forum best let him/her in and talk about my problem'.

I'd like to think it was a tongue in cheek comment BUT it was a Totally irresponsible comment mate.

DO NOT LET THEM INTO YOUR HOMES, and I say that as someone who has had a visit from P2C.

see post below

Edited by diddydicky
repeated

Bailiffs???

i suggest you read the post properly

your information about bailiffs is totally wrong

a bailiff CANNOT act privatley,"on the say so of a creditor as you put it" nor can they enter your premises unless they have previously entered peacefully ON THE SAME WARRANT

i suggest you type Bailiff into your browser and you will find umpteen threads giving advice on what bailiffs can and cannot do

debt collectors are not bailiffs- forget bailiffs- we are not discussing them

Diddy,

firstly, i repeat that part of my post that you seemed unable to read in your haste to be sensationalist

secondly, i am sorry that you have been "shocked" and that your "gob" has been smacked,

The advice i give on this forum is based on real life experiences with real life people living and working in the real world and not how people "stereotyope" them

Thus i no more subscribe to your views that if someone works for a DCA then they must be a "cretin",and that they all "intimidate" people than i do to some DCA's views that every debtor is "****" and looking for easy ways to get out of their obligations

I did not feel the need to append my "qualifications" to speak on the subject of DCA's but suffice it to say that it is considerably more than "I once had a visit from P2C".

The value of a forum such as this is that people can get advice from a wide variety of viewpoints.

I take the view that whilst people may be novices when they come onto the forum, that they are nevertheless adults and capable of making their own choices without being patronised,

If you don't want to let a DCA into you house then fine- don't-

if you want to find out that the FEAR is worse than the actuality and that these people actually have NO POWER whatsoever it can be a hugely liberating experience to follow my advice. .

If i thought my advice was "irresponsible" i would not have given it.

Take it or leave it - that is what advice is for

The point is NOT to let these cretins into your property, they have no legal right to enter your property, many people will be scared by them knocking on the door, so it is perfectly correct to call the police and report them, especially if youve told them by letter NOT to attend your address, It is tresspass plain and simple.

I acknowledge your comments and refer you to my reply above,

with respect, unless there is a breach of the peace or a threat of the breach of the peace the police will NOT attend, nor will they be too happy if you keep ringing them.

That's the reality of the REAL World

I also suggest you read up on tresspass - you have it a little wrong im afraid.

My comments made in my previous post still stands, there was no part of your post that went 'unread', without a desire to have an argument with you I comment as follows :-

1. P2C have absolutely no powers, yes I have had a visit from them so I think I'm entitled to give my opinion as to 'Real Life' experience, I found him rude & aggressive (thats after he found which of the many company id cards he had round his neck that he was representing). Sort of confirms their self employed freelancers !

I was polite (to start with!) telling him the account was, and still is, in dispute & that I had no desire to engage in conversation with him as he was talking with a raised voice so my neighbours could hear.

The final straw was when he thrust a mobile phone in my face & demanded I speak to the credit card company concerned.

This was real life experience so how was I being a sensationlist?

2. The day a creditor, DCA or threat monkey from P2C treats ME with respect then that will be the day I'll stop referring to them as cretins, threat monkeys etc.

3. If other people are present inside or outside one's home then the subject of debt cannot by discussed - end off!

4. I do not give anyone advice unless I have had personal experience of the problem concerned & my advice concerning P2C is DO NOT invite them or allow them into your home.

So my final word on the subject is IF anyone from P2C knocks on your door tell 'em to FECK OFF ! !

Diddy,

Not sure why you think they are "cretins" for trying to do a job.

I like others do not relish the thought of them calling, but it is a fact of life. If you get an agressive one, then report them like you would an agressive milkman or postman. You get all sorts in all walks of life.

These people are not Baliffs but collection agents, they have no powers of entry, but should have made an appointment first.

I think the point that DD is making is that you must not be intimidated or frightened by them, although some may be. If they break the law, deal with them in a calm manner, just as you would any other person breaking the law.

Hi bazaar, I think the point was, don't be frightened of them. The expectation of the visit is more worrying than the actual visit. If they do try to harrass, then you can take matters further.

They do not have a right of entry, but tresspass is a different matter. You need to have warned them first not to enter your property ( land ). They then only commit a trespass after the notice is issued, verbally or in writing and they ignore it. Trespass is a civil offence not criminal, so the poilice will only come to a breach of the peace.

Many people will be worried at the prospect of a visit from a debt collector, some of that worry is whipped up others perceived fear of such an event, posted on this forum, however I do appreciate others fears.

If their actions are threatening thaen report them to Trading Standards and let the police know, but calmly.

My comments made in my previous post still stands, there was no part of your post that went 'unread', without a desire to have an argument with you I comment as follows :-

1. P2C have absolutely no powers, yes I have had a visit from them so I think I'm entitled to give my opinion as to 'Real Life' experience, I found him rude & aggressive (thats after he found which of the many company id cards he had round his neck that he was representing). Sort of confirms their self employed freelancers !

I was polite (to start with!) telling him the account was, and still is, in dispute & that I had no desire to engage in conversation with him as he was talking with a raised voice so my neighbours could hear.

The final straw was when he thrust a mobile phone in my face & demanded I speak to the credit card company concerned.

This was real life experience so how was I being a sensationlist?

2. The day a creditor, DCA or threat monkey from P2C treats ME with respect then that will be the day I'll stop referring to them as cretins, threat monkeys etc.

3. If other people are present inside or outside one's home then the subject of debt cannot by discussed - end off!

4. I do not give anyone advice unless I have had personal experience of the problem concerned & my advice concerning P2C is DO NOT invite them or allow them into your home.

So my final word on the subject is IF anyone from P2C knocks on your door tell 'em to FECK OFF ! !

good, no argument- then peace reigns!!

i suggest you read the post properly

your information about bailiffs is totally wrong

a bailiff CANNOT act privatley,"on the say so of a creditor as you put it" nor can they enter your premises unless they have previously entered peacefully ON THE SAME WARRANT

i suggest you type Bailiff into your browser and you will find umpteen threads giving advice on what bailiffs can and cannot do

debt collectors are not bailiffs- forget bailiffs- we are not discussing them

I have read the post and also read up via google and now have a full understanding of what exactly a bailiff is. I am fairly new to all this and am reading as much as possible as and when it becomes appropriate. Suffice to say I will never have reason to fear a bailiff visit.

To redress the balance slighty regarding p2c. I phoned the number on the card the p2c agent had left as I was boiling over about the issue. The guy I spoke to was polite and actualy seemed suprised I had phoned. He claimed to know nothing about the history of the a/c (not sure what he would have said when calling then?). When I said the common law licence had been previously revoked in writing and the a/c was in dispute he said he would not call again.

I know the advice is usually not to speak to DCA's etc on the phone but in this case it has worked out to the good. This is not intended as advice just a replay of what has happened in my case over the past few days.

I know the advice is usually not to speak to DCA's etc on the phone but in this case it has worked out to the good. This is not intended as advice just a replay of what has happened in my case over the past few days.

It ain't over. Don't speak to p2c and if you have to, record the call.

I have read the post and also read up via google and now have a full understanding of what exactly a bailiff is. I am fairly new to all this and am reading as much as possible as and when it becomes appropriate. Suffice to say I will never have reason to fear a bailiff visit.

To redress the balance slighty regarding p2c. I phoned the number on the card the p2c agent had left as I was boiling over about the issue. The guy I spoke to was polite and actualy seemed suprised I had phoned. He claimed to know nothing about the history of the a/c (not sure what he would have said when calling then?). When I said the common law licence had been previously revoked in writing and the a/c was in dispute he said he would not call again.

Vindication for DD's approach then. Treat people as you would be treated, until they make that impossible.

the politeness is often "scripted" to get you to drop your defences

if you have a truecall or other phone recording device THEN you can sometimes "play them at their own game" and , roleplaying an irate customer can actually get some very interesting comments from them on tape.

You can then write and tell them what they said on tape and ask them to make sure they keep the recording which they say they make.

nothing like a letter back saying sorry we didn't record that/we deny saying that/ we have no record of that being said on tape- and leave the transcript of YOUR recording for your disclosures!!

• 2 months later...

Having applied to Capital one credit card for my original CCA I never received the document. They did send a copy of the terms and conditions which I thanked them for and duly told them I would not be paying until I received a copy of the original CCA.

They then passed this on to Credit Soluitions who tried a few phone calls and letters. I flatly refused to get into any conversation with them and demanded the original Consumer credit agreement.

Credit solutions promised me twice on the phone that a copy was on its way, the second time they said it would be recorded delivery, but neither turned up.

I then received the calling card from Mr Smith and he too never showed at my house.

Yesterday I received a letter from Power 2 Contact basically telling me that I have to contact them within 72 hours to avoid a home visit.

I will be sending a letter similar to the following. Do you guys think it is suitable?

Dear Power 2 Contact,

Thank you for your letter dated 5th Jan 2010 in which you inform me that one of your representatives will be calling to my home address should I not contact you within 72 hours.

May I take this opportunity to inform you that Credit solutions limited were dealing with this matter and they promised on 2 occasions to forward a copy of my consumer credit agreement and they failed on both occasions.

This document was originally requested on the 14/4/2009 from Capital One and as yet I have received many other letters but none containing the requested document.

It is my belief that this document does not exist and as such the alleged debt is unenforceable and still in dispute.

I will advise you the same as I advised both Capital one and Credit solutions and that is I will not forward any payment until the original copy of the consumer credit agreement is in my hands.

I will not answer to any representative of your company or any associates and hereby revoke all rights for your company, or any representatives of your company, acces to my property.

I will only respond to correspondence in writing so telephone or personal calls will be futile.

Does that sound ok or can anybody think of anything to add?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4507 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks