Power 2 contact Ltd

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4511 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Here's an interesting little Power2contact news story all the way from Ireland.

We have the Power to Contact - You!

Ever had your privacy breached by a company with the power to contact you, and if so, what if anything did you do about it? Like the majority of people, apart from getting hot under the collar, you probably did absolutely nothing, because there was nothing you could do, or was there?.

A Northern Ireland resident, already somewhat annoyed after receiving a highly libellous letter from a UK based company with the power to contact him, had good reason to turn downright angry when a representative of the offending company then breached his right to privacy by turning up on his doorstep and proceeded to make the same ludicrously slanderous claims. While most people would at best have probably have just told the company where to get off and left it at that, this gentleman instead saw red, contacted his solicitor and took the advised course of action.

Several letters and one phone call later, the company received a £1600.00 invoice for his incurred expenses. Naturally, being that sort of company, they not only ignored his letters, they also ignored the invoice and subsequent demands for payment.

Not being the type of person anybody should ignore, and having been assured he was well within his legal rights, the final step has since been taken; court proceedings have been instigated against those Crewe and Purley based people with the power2contact you.

Hopefully, after visiting the spectacularly beautiful Belfast Court buildings on the banks of the River Lagan, they'll stay around and enjoy the famous hospitality afforded to all Northern Ireland visitors, though that’s highly doubtful. This will no doubt be a salutary lesson for any person or company that believes they have the right to ride roughshod over the privacy of the common man. You can’t! Actually, that’s not strictly true, you can, but your wealth will be seriously reduced.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the card if you read it (i haven't got one) will most likely say

they will be calling you (not calling ON you) !! subtle buggers aren't they

designed to make your THINK it means personal call but at the same time get them out of the doo doo if you complain

the card if you read it (i haven't got one) will most likely say

they will be calling you (not calling ON you) !! subtle buggers aren't they

designed to make your THINK it means personal call but at the same time get them out of the doo doo if you complain

The actual wording is :-

'In the event that you fail to contact *creditor* within 72 hours, we will instruct one of our Contact Managers to visit you at the above address to discuss, and hopefully resolve this matter with you.'

The annoying thing with Powerless is that they state 72 hours, however, with them using UKMAIL the 72 hours has expired before you even receive the letter.

Beachy

The actual wording is :-

'In the event that you fail to contact *creditor* within 72 hours, we will instruct one of our Contact Managers to visit you at the above address to discuss, and hopefully resolve this matter with you.'

The annoying thing with Powerless is that they state 72 hours, however, with them using UKMAIL the 72 hours has expired before you even receive the letter.

Beachy

i got one of those - i didnt ring to say it was inconvenient and as they said they would call between 8am- 9pm and didn't show up i sent an invoice for 13 hours waiting time as 15 per hour.

i got one of those - i didnt ring to say it was inconvenient and as they said they would call between 8am- 9pm and didn't show up i sent an invoice for 13 hours waiting time as 15 per hour.

did you get paid for that waiting time lol.

so would you say not to worry about them.

its all bluff and bluster

if you have written saying dont phone dont call at my house communicate only in writing

then in the unlikely event that anyone did turn up at your house invite them to leave

if youre big enough and they dont leave then "eject " them from your property using reasonable force if necessary

if you are not big enough close the door and leave him talking to himself outside

The other way to deal with it (if you dont mind your neighbours knowing your business) is to phone the cops and tell them a breach of the peace is occuring then go outside and start pushing him around

the end result will be that you will both be warned about your behaviour and he will be ordered to stay away from the property in order to prevent a further breach of the peace- if he then comes back he wil be arrested

I bit of fun i have with P2P

I note that you have instructed a field agent to visit me at my home address. I am writing to inform you that I do not wish to make an appointment with your field collector. I’m currently being treated for psychopathic tendices and which to avoid any incident that my create any conflict. I been released from Broadmoor mental hospital for the criminally insane for a few weeks and do not wish to return due to someone knocking on my door. I’ve now taken double medication just to write this letter

I have contacted my Parole office and they have informed me write this letter , and advise you have that my excitement and fantasies I’m having regarding the home visit is unhealthy for me. The OFT say you can only call if I wish to make an appointment and I do not.

Lot of love

Master woody

• 2 weeks later...

Or you could send them this...

Dea P2P,

I must say i was was very excited to get your note saying you would be calling round . I dont get many visitors nowadays (except the police , checking for missing dogs or cats ) as i dont go out much and stay in making my own clothes from lots of unusual materials.

Please could you send round somone about my hieght and weight , as ive been thinking of making a jacket that fits me like a second skin. I await your visit with a large hammer , i mean baited breath.

Yours

Mr Jack D Ripper

• 3 weeks later...

What a bunch of W****RS!! Ruined my weekend with the arrival of the infamous postcard, counting the days til Weds Grrrrrrr!! Half hoping the door goes so I can slosh him up the road with a bucket of ice cold water!! Power 2 Contact no-one in this bloody house!! :p:p

Ah yes - lots of hollow threats ect from these ill-advised luvvies.

These twits gave me a hard time and I finally managed to get them to close the case and send it back to the OC Barclaycard.

IT THEN CAME BACK IN THE FORM OF ROBINSON WAY AND SO I HAD TO GET THEM TO CLOSE IT TOO.

Now the comical part is that poor little RW must have been a little perplexed for they wrote to BC for advice - BC obviously were unhappy with this and sent them the following ticking off which RW comically sent to ME!

BARCLAYCARDtoRWEDITED.jpg

It amazing what you can do with NO requested CCA docs.

Still - it gives the complaints dep at FOS and OFT something to do eh.

Edited by questioner

• 2 weeks later...

I have had contact from them (re: Barclarycard/ Mercers). Luckily for me the FSO had agreed with Barclaycard that my account would be put on hold and collections activity would cease whilst the FSO investgated my case. The FSO would very interested to hear about the activities of power2contact and suggested that I complain in writing to the OFT. Whilst OFT do not do anything about specific cases, they do build up a dossier about suspect companies - and this company surely is suspect!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4511 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks