• Tweets

• love the extra £1000 charge for confidentialy there BF   Also OP even if they don't offer OOC it doesn't mean your claim isn't good. I had 3 against EVRi that were heard over the last 3 weeks. They sent me emails asking me to discontinue as I wouldn't win. Went infront of a judge and won all 3.    Just remember the law is on your side. The judges will be aware of this.   Where you can its important to try to point out at the hearing the specific part of the contract they breached. I found this was very helpful and the Judge made reference to it when they gave their judgements and it seemed this was pretty important as once you have identified a specific breach the matter turns straight to liability. From there its a case of pointing out the unlawfullness of their insurance and then that should be it.
    • I know dx and thanks again for yours and others help. I was 99.999% certain last payment was over six years ago if not longer.  👍
    • Paragraph 23 – "standard industry practice" – put this in bold type. They are stupid to rely on this and we might as well carry on emphasising how stupid they are. I wonder why they could even have begun to think some kind of compelling argument – "the other boys do it so I do it as well…" Same with paragraph 26   Paragraph 45 – The Defendants have so far been unable to produce any judgements at any level which disagree with the three judgements…  …court, but I would respectfully request…   Just the few amendments above – and I think it's fine. I think you should stick to the format that you are using. This has been used lots of times and has even been applauded by judges for being meticulous and clear. You aren't a professional. Nobody is expecting professional standards and although it's important that you understand exactly what you are doing – you don't really want to come over to the judge that you have done this kind of thing before. As a litigant in person you get a certain licence/leeway from judges and that is helpful to you – especially if you are facing a professional advocate. The way this is laid out is far clearer than the mess that you will get from EVRi. Quite frankly they undermine their own credibility by trying to say that they should win simply because it is "standard industry practice". It wouldn't at all surprise me if EVRi make you a last moment offer of the entire value of your claim partly to avoid judgement and also partly to avoid the embarrassment of having this kind of rubbish exposed in court. If they do happen to do that, then you should make sure that they pay everything. If they suddenly make you an out-of-court offer and this means that they are worried that they are going to lose and so you must make sure that you get every penny – interest, costs – everything you claimed. Finally, if they do make you an out-of-court offer they will try to sign you up to a confidentiality agreement. The answer to that is absolutely – No. It's not part of the claim and if they want to settle then they settle the claim as it stands and don't try add anything on. If they want confidentiality then that will cost an extra £1000. If they don't like it then they can go do the other thing. Once you have made the amendments suggested above – it should be the final version. court,. I don't think we are going to make any more changes. Your next job good to make sure that you are completely familiar with it all. That you understand the arguments. Have you made a court familiarisation visit?
    • just type no need to keep hitting quote... as has already been said, they use their own criteria. if a person is not stated as linked to you on your file then no cant hurt you. not all creditors use every CRA provider, there are only 3 main credit file providers mind, the rest are just 3rd party data sharers. if you already have revolving credit on your file there is no need to apply for anything just 'because' you need to show you can handle money. if you have bank account(s) and a mortgage which you are servicing (paying) then nothing more can improve your score, despite what these 'scam' sites claiml  its all a CON!!  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Power 2 contact Ltd

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4489 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Power2Contact are part of Credit Solutions who are a nasty bunch of to**ers.

This is just an attempt to get you to ring them so that they can bully you on the telephone.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

help, cant sleep and feel sick.

came home from work today to find a letter from these people threatening me with an arrival from one of their people to collect money. they gave me 72 hours which is basically today however was dated 26th but only came in the post today.

what do i do if someone turns up? am so scared and worried.

help, cant sleep and feel sick.

came home from work today to find a letter from these people threatening me with an arrival from one of their people to collect money. they gave me 72 hours which is basically today however was dated 26th but only came in the post today.

what do i do if someone turns up? am so scared and worried.

Hi Scared001,

First and foremost DONT be scared of P2C - they are nothing to worry about, they have absolutely NO POWERS.

They 'doorstopped' me in the past and will go away when told.

In my case they wanted me to speak to Capital One on HIS mobile (now why would I want to do that?). IF they send someone (and thats a BIG IF just refuse to talk to him/her and tell them to go 'forth & multipy', there is a letter on the forum (sorry cant do the link, as Iam at work and using my mobile), print the letter and just hand it over & close the door if you dont want to talk ( which you dont want to talk to these muppets).

As I said fear not - they have no powers.

Beachy

Hi Scared1 and morning Beachie :)

Beachcomber is absolutely right Scared1. They often send this cards to scare you into paying or contacting them. DON'T. They can't do anything to you at all.

I want you to feel absolutely certain of your rights on this, then you'll know there's no need to be worried:

They have no right whatsoever to come into your house, they cannot do anything, cannot take anything, cannot demand money, break in or force you to even speak to them. They just like to give you the impression that they can.

Either don't answer the door, or if you do just refuse to discuss anything with them, say "in writing only" and tell them to leave. They HAVE to leave when you tell them otherwise they are trespassing.

Alternatively you could print out the letter below, amended to suit, have it ready then once they've identified themselves just say "Let me stop you RIGHT THERE", hand them the letter, tell them to leave and close the door.

You could also post a copy of the letter to their offices:

Dear XXX

In a direct response to your recent activities / letter, dated xx xxx xxxx, received at this address on xx xxx xxxx. [Delete whichever is not applicable]

I DO NOT WISH TO RECEIVE ANY REPRESENTATIVE OF YOUR ORGANISATION, OR INDEED AN AGENT OR REPRESENTATIVE EMPLOYED BY ANY ORGANISATION THAT YOU ISSUE INSTRUCTIONS TO.

There is only an implied license under English Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v Sheppard and Short Ltd [1959] 2 Q.B. per Lord Evershed M.R.)

THEREFORE TAKE NOTE THAT I REVOKE LICENSE UNDER COMMON LAW FOR YOU, OR YOUR REPRESENTATIVES TO VISIT ME AT MY PROPERTY AND IF YOU DO SO, THEN YOU WILL BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES FOR A TORT OF TRESSPASS AND ACTION WILL BE TAKEN, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO , POLICE ATTENDANCE.

I also caution you here that should you ignore my request on this point, the actions of your representative(s) will happily be recordedeither by CCTV or by telephone recording equipment – whichever is applicable. Accordingly I reserve the right to use any evidence of you or your representatives’ ignoring this request in connection with any actions that I choose to pursue, including media exposure.

Should it be your intention to disregard my wishes, and break your obligations, please be advised that the following rules also apply, as laid down by the OFT in respect of debt collection, and that you, as a holder of a consumer credit license, are obliged to follow:

The areas of the OFT guidance which applies to you in this instance are:

Debt collection visits

2.12 Examples of unfair practices are:

a. not making the purpose of any proposed visit clear, for example, merely stating that collectors or field agents will call is not sufficient

f. visiting or threatening to visit debtors without prior agreement when the debt is deadlocked or disputed

Deceptive and/or unfair methods

2.8 Examples of unfair practices are as follows:

k. not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt.

I do believe this makes my position clear and unambiguous.

Next you need to deal with the actual debt itself. Do you know what debt they're trying to collect?

Is it a Credit Card, Loan or Overdraft? Have you sent for a copy of your Credit Agreement? Are there any charges (late payment fees etc) that could be reclaimed to reduce the debt?

If you give more details the wonderful people on here will try and help you sort it out.

Hope this helps, keep your chin up and start taking control..there's nothing to be scared of and ways and means of dealing with your debt

Take care

Elsa x :)

hi

thank you to both for responding. i am having a nightmare with them. firstly they call me on a daily basis whilst im work and have told them not to phone during work core hours as i literally sit a stones throw away from my boss and clearly they have not liked this and hence the letter being sent.

its a capital one credit card that i have. have been sent a default notice and i have been sending regular monthly token payments to these horrible debt collectors. prior to this, i had been hounded by FTS who capital one were using and as i havent been able to give them what they want, i now have these horrible people chasing me. its so worrying and every time i hear a car door close,i think its them!!!

whats the best next step to take? should i call power to discuss and tell them i want everything in writing now?

any more advice would be very much appreciated and once again thank you!!

x

Morning Scared1 :)

The main rule is NEVER EVER PHONE THEM OR SPEAK TO THEM IF THEY RING. They can get away with telling you anything on the phone, to scare you into paying.

From now on, insist that EVERYTHING MUST BE IN WRITING.

If they ring, ignore, or if they catch you out, refuse to go through the security checks and just say this account is in dispute, my legal advisers now insist on everything IN WRITING then put the phone down.

There's a phone harrassment letter HERE - you can amend to suit and add it on to the no doorstep visits letter above.

There's also a good general advice guide about telephone harrassment HERE

I'll get to how to start sorting out the Credit Card in the next post...:)

Elsa x

Hi again Scared1,

What you need to do now, as this thread is mainly about PowertoConnect, is go back to the Debt Collecting forum index HERE scroll to the bottom and click new thread. Then you can start your own thread re this credit card debt and get direct responses and help.

I'll watch out for it, and you could pop back in here and leave a link to it for others to follow.

Shout if you need help :)

Elsa x

thank you so much! i will defly heed your advice. they are such a bad company who are vey much trying to scaremonger and as i am on my own, i am literally shaking with fear. i am also going to complain to either the trading standards people or ombs people. its not on.

have you had dealings with these people too? and did they come knocking on the door? im either not going to answer or tell them to go away as per the above.

If they sense that you are scared & vunerable..then they will persist even more with the greatest respect.

Its those who like to tell them to f off & preach their legal rights etc...that they dont bother with.

P2C are nothing more than a sinister bunch of nobodies with no legal powers to do anything quite frankly.

The sooner the authorities clamp down on them the better :mad:

Look at these parasites as sales reps, "do you want double glazing" No and shut the door, complete zero powers, as its been said before, they prey on fear, you can only scare the weak.

"Give them the V sign and tell them to get a warrant".....;)

"Always ask for a CCA, Simples".

all duly noted!! feels worse when youre a single female living on your own, need a big muscly bodyguard to warn them off!!

I've been door steped and this is what happened

Konck at door....

I opened door

I'm from P2C...

Me I'm sorry i only deal with creditors in writing....door shut

the person left quickly, got into his car and left

all over in 15 seconds....could of been anyone like the gas man ect no one will ever know

Hi Scared001

If they have made you feel this way then you must complain about them. Trading Standards are very receptive to complaints about Power2Contact, Credit Solutions Ltd and Credit Solutions Holdings ltd.

Mr William Hugh Pierce, You should get a grip!!!!!

Trading standards:

http://www.hants.gov.uk/regulatory/tradingstandards/consumeradvice.html

The phone number is

08454 040506

Edited by kurvaface
phone number is so easy

• 1 month later...

I recieved a letter from Power2Contact today (dated 3 days ago), stating that I would be getting a visit from them regarding an outstanding debt unless I contact them to resolve the issue within 72 hours of receipt of the letter (how do they know when I received it?).

The thing is, this is not my house, I am lodging at a friends house, and I'd rather not have this kind of trouble brought to his door.

Would it be advisable for me to ring them and basically quote the terms of the letter posted above, and inform them that I'll be confirming this in writing shortly?

Hi Ozman

Chances are, if P2C (Which = Credit Solutions ltd) are pulling the harassment style 72 hours stunt, then they probably don't have a legal leg to stand on. They do this purely as a means of intimidation and bullying. I recommend you spend a bit of time knocking around here and you will soon see what a bunch of cowboys they are.

In terms of the account they're after, any chences you could let us know what that's about? Perhaps we can help.:)

Hi kurvaface.

The account they are after is my O2 phone bill. I was made redundant from my job and have been unable to keep up the monthly payment. I tried resolving this with O2, but they ended up passing my account on to Credit Solutions, who sent me a letter offering to wipe the £400+ debt and reconnect my phone in exchange for a payment of £96 which would clear the arrears. The problem is that I didn't have £96 for a one-off payment. I tried to explain this to them, but heard nothing off them until now, where I have recieved this letter from P2C asking for me to contact them to prevent a visit.

The thing I am most worried about is that my friend has been very good about letting me stay here while I'm unemployed and unable to contribute much, but I think having people knocking on the door looking for me and demanding money/goods might be pushing it.

I know my rights (generally) regarding doorstep visits, and I know how to deal with them if I'm in. I just don't want them visiting while I'm out, and giving either my friend, or (god forbid) his girlfriend any hassle.

Edited by Ozman

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/590-letter-used-when-a-dca-threatens-a-doorstep-visit-

Use that for starters - edit to suit. If that doesn't keep them off your doorstep, ring trading standards to notify of their harassment - 08454 040506. Also, what is well worthwhile, when you write your letter to CSL / P2C, let them know that you have informed Trading Standards. They will more than likely behave themselves then and not do anything silly like turn up on your doorstep. Send recorded delivery.

Don't speak to them on the phone... ever. They are liars and Bull****ers so if you have everything in writing then everyone knows where you stand. Re : O2.....I don't know the proceedure for dealing with them but I'm sure someone who does will be along to advise:)

I'd send them a "prove it" letter, the fact that they are prepared to settle for 20% of the amount originally claimed suggests that they don't have a legal leg to stand on. That'll put the alleged debt into dispute, and they can't take any further enforcement action until they come up with some evidence.

I'd send them a "prove it" letter, the fact that they are prepared to settle for 20% of the amount originally claimed suggests that they don't have a legal leg to stand on. That'll put the alleged debt into dispute, and they can't take any further enforcement action until they come up with some evidence.

The £96 is what I actually owe O2 for outstanding phone bills. The £400+ debt is to cover the remainder of the 18 month contract I have defaulted on. They weren't saying that they wanted a percentage of the debt, they were saying if I payed them the £96 I owed, they would instruct O2 to continue where I left off with the contract, reconnect my phone, and continue to accept the £35 per month until the contract ended - effectively acting as if nothing had happened.

Instead, because I can't afford to pay the £96 and clear the arrears, they are demanding the full amount for the duration of the contract.

Instead, because I can't afford to pay the £96 and clear the arrears, they are demanding the full amount for the duration of the contract

It's that kind of demand that shows just how mentally submormal DCAs are - thinking that if you can't pay 96 quid, your ok for 400.:mad:

Dont get worried about P2C - they are nothing to get upset about.

I had a 72 hr notice to contact them regardin crap1, received their letter on a Friday and their representive knocked on my door 08:45 on the Monday

morning, after he found the right id card for who he was representing (he had about 6 id so obviously a freelancer) he was not so nicely told to bog off, all he wanted was for me to speak to crap1 on his phone - no ruddy chance says I, followed him down the road, opened his car door and shoved a 'DO NOT come back note on his lap. Didnt it make me feel sooooo good.

Beachy

The 72 hour notice is a funny one really. I had 2. For one, I rang CSL up and asked when does it start? and the baboon on the other end said when you want, for the other I asked when does the 72 hours end and he said something like "4 days":D

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4489 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks