Help reclaiming paid CCJ

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6188 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anyone please advise me what I should do. I had an amex corporate card in 2000 which I used for work expenses. I had not used the card for over 18 months and as far as I was aware had no balance outstanding on the card. Just to let you know if you ever have a balance outstanding on a corporate card, the company I work for Pay Amex the oustanding amount and then you then have to pay your company back.

Suddenly in 2004 I receive a letter at the house which I own but rent out from the courts saying I have to attend a court hearing in connection with a charging order applied for by Stevens Drake Solicitors on behalf of Amex for £13,000. £4000 of which was an outstanding balance and £9000 interest.

I was absolutely shocked and tried to get answers from Amex and the solicitors Stevens Drake but know one could give me any help, only that I owed the money and needed to pay in full to stop the charging order.

My father was suffering with a brain tumour at the time and to avoid any further worries, my mother took out a loan for me in her name to pay the £13,000 to stop the charging order.

Due to my fathers illness I have now left the company I worked for. I paid for a solicitor to find out what this debt was and how I could get the ccj (which had been given me without my knowledge) removed and the court case heard again so I could reclaim the £13,000 I had paid.

I never received any correspondence from Amex, Stevens Drake or my Company or any court before the day I got the summons. I never knew there was any outstanding balance. I have now got copies of the statments from Amex.

Can someone please give me some advise on what I should do next, my poor mother has this huge loan in her name. If I owed £4000 why was I not contacted by Amex or my Company about this debt and as already stated my company always cleared any debts with amex so you did not fall into arrears.

Please Please someone help

masonrl,

I think you should send a Subject Access Request (SAR) to Amex you can find loads of examples on this site this should give you all your statements so you can find out what the £4000 consist of, you may have been a victim of fraud. Also if you haven’t already, contact your previous employer and try and find out what information they have about your account if they are being difficult SAR them too.

Once you know how the debt was created you maybe in a better position to get your money back.

About the CCJ you may be able to apply to the court to have it set aside search this site there is loads of info on how and when CCJ can be set aside.

This is just my opinion I am not a lawyer etc.

Hope it works out for you, your mom and dad!

-K