Bank Complaints LTD - anyone else used them?

katerlater
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6072 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

I'm new, so forgive me if i'm posting this in the wrong place or if its not an appropriate topic.

I've been charged about 3k by Lloyds TSB in unauthorised overdraft charges on two accounts over the last 6 years. In January, having heard the director speak on radio 4's you & yours, I contacted the company Bank Complaints to help me reclaim the charges - I work and have two very small children and didn't want to spend every waking moment dealing with it myself - plus i've got an (irrational??) fear of standing up to financial institutions.

Anyway - here we are in May. Finally I've had one list of charges on one of my accounts (not both, and not going back a full 6 years either - just 5 1/2). I sent them on to Bank Complaints 10 days ago with a letter saying, why is there only one set, why aren't they covering the full 6 years, can you give me an update. I had no answer, so today I tried to call and couldn't get through. So I sent an email...

And got one of the rudest responses i've ever received from anyone i'm paying to do work for me, basically implying I was stupid for querying the dates, not answering my other questions, and telling me they were too busy to talk to me. I don't know what to do now. er... deal with it myself?

Is this a common experience? I am quite upset - I thought only the banks treated us all like sh*te...

Why oh why are you PAYING someone else to do this.

You are throwing away good money and by the sounds of it getting nothing in return.

There is NO reason to use an external company to manage your claim, after all do you really want a stranger going through your personal financial records ?!

My advice get out now or sooner.

If you had been doing this yourself it would of been completed by now.

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

Yeah... I know... but despite being a middle class overeducated pratt, I am actually quite nervous about doing it myself and scared of dealing with the (edit). I also have two preschool children, don't sleep much, and commute to london from the south coast. It seemed a small price (well, ish - better than getting nothing back at all) to pay.

And now I'm wondering who the hell I complain to about them!! And how I go about taking control myself....

Well you have employed them so it's time to sack them.

I think a stern letter is in order setting out all your concerns and giving them a date by which to respond.

You need to severe all ties with these people and regain control.

By the sounds of it you may have to start over with the whole process.

There's good news on that front, youhave joined the best bunch of people going to help in this regard.

Ps check your PM box as I've sent you a message.

Or click this link ;)

(http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/private.php)

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

Having said that, Lloyds drag their feet and an average Lloyds claim takes six months to complete. If you are only now recieving your statements I would suggest that their appearance on Radio 4 brought them a lot of customers and they were unable to cope with the demand, it sounds like they didn't make your DPA request until February/March.

If you are unhappy with their service write to them asking to cancel your claim, if they cause a fuss report them to the Ministry of Justice.

Thanks for the info. Was considering using Bank Complaints LTD today and I'm feeling much more cautious now.

I thought using no fee/no claims could speed things up and free me from a lot of hassle. Hmmm.

I just did a quick search on the claims regulation website and it would appear that they are not registered, this is a criminal offense. Call the Claims Regulation people on 0845 450 6858 and report them or send an email to [email protected]

I can't seem to get the claimsregulation.gov.uk search engine to work for any business, so I don't think the result you got means they're not actually registered.

I can't seem to get the claimsregulation.gov.uk search engine to work for any business, so I don't think the result you got means they're not actually registered.

I left the search field blank which then lists them all alphabetically.

I've had plenty of trouble with this search facility not showing info if you search one way then showing it when you search another. The best thing to do is search google for the exact company name and this should display if the company is listed in the search on the claims regulations site and also if they're authorised or regulated by another other institutions like FSA, OFT or ICO.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure I've really shook them off yet. It was remarkably easy yesterday. I said that they we're off, they said OK, but we want our £100 court submission fee back, I said deduct it from the £350 I paid to you last November. They would speak to the Accounts Dept. End of Conversation.

See my thread Camdenite Vs Abbey for the full lowdown.

Thanks, don't think mine has gone as far as court yet, but I don't know because there has been no corresponance from them. Hope you do get sorted soon!

If you can, I'd advise to get out. I had a sizeable claim, that I would have sorted by now had I done it myself. They really do not do anything to justify their 25%. I do not believe they are solicitors, so when it came to the issue of court, they could not act on my behalf.

Their strategy is to negotiate a settlement out of court with the bank, but I personally fail to see how this can work, when the banks will only settle on the steps of court, figuratively speaking.

Thanks again, I have given them a week to come back to me and then I tink I'll jut start the process again myself, from what I can pick up about Clydesdale they will never settle out of court.

I don't know about Clydesdale, but Abbey are renowned for taking it right to the wire. I had a feeling they we're going to come back to me and offer about half what the claim was for after some negotiation with Abbey. I wasn't prepared to wait any longer after the first six months!

No reply from them yet, the email was sent to them last Monday giving a week for them to get in contact so I am writting a letter today cancelling my agreement with them and also a letter to my bank instructing them that BC Ltd are no longer dealing with my claim, that I will be doing that myself and requesting the information again from them. Not quite sure where I go from there, I'll just have to take it a step at a time and start reading up on all the info.

Were the statements/list of charges sent to yourself? If so, read up on the advice on how to get started and send your first letter along with your list of charges. If not, request that Clydesdale forward to you directly.

Nothing been sent to me and I don't know wheather they have been sent out to BC Ltd either (hopefully not) so starting from scratch, do you think I should send the £10 again with this letter or wait and see what my reply from the bank is first?

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Legally the bank can only send the statements to you directly. I would guess that nothing has been sent out yet. I would phone Clydesdale and ask for them to comply with the SAR. If you don't get a response, send the letter in the Bank Templates section called "non-compliance of SAR". Is your 40days up yet?

The next bit is pretty straightforward. Write to BC & Clydesdale informing them that you are now acting in this case and that all correspondance should be sent directly to you. In addition, request that BC send you all paperwork regarding your claim (this is where I am at with them). You may need this if it comes to court.

Good luck and keep us updated.

• 3 weeks later...

I've just joined the CAG and was interested to see the above dialogue. I came across the CAG after doing a Google UK search on Bank Complaints Ltd and listed just before the CAG was the Dept of Justice's webpage, listing BCL as registered (No. CRM4364). Is their registration due to this CAG, or was it just that others couldn't find them mentioned on the register? Unfortunately I registered with BCL and downloaded their forms before coming across this site. However, I haven't completed and returned the forms yet so all is not lost. I'd be interested to hear of any future developments with BCL's actions and attitude - their customer relations seem 'troubling' to say the least!

Hi Skypilot. Welcome to CAG. You've probably saved yourself a lot of time and effort by not going to BC. I'm not sure about the legalisty of their position as they certainly only acted for me as lay representative's, not solicitors.

I don't think there is anything to stop anyone forming a company such as theirs and begin chasing ambulances.

You'll find all the resources you need on this site to deal with the claim yourself. If you want the full details in regards to my nightmare with BC, then take a look at the thread "Camdenite Vs Abbey".