Cogsi V Abbey

Guest cogsi
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6160 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest cogsi

Hi there, This is the 1st time I've ever started a thread so please bear with me!

I've finally plucked up the courage to send Abbey my preliminary letter. After the news the other day about that bloke not being successful in reclaiming his charges it makes it seem a bit more scary.

The amount I'm claiming for is £878 plus £96 in interest. This particular account is now closed but I have another a/c with them for which I will be claiming £5237.05 plus £684.58 in int.

Will keep you posted as to how it goes.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest cogsi

Hello again everyone,

Just a quick update. I sent off my prem. letter the 17th May. Received standard letter back from Abbey on Thursday saying they are investigating and will write again in four weeks. I presume I ignore that & send out the LBA before then?

I know the same questions probably keep cropping up but there are sooo many posts it would take all day to read them!! No easy feat with 2 young children.

yep just ignore their timeframe and stick to yours

Abbey £4340.59 *WON* Jan 07

Abbey II MCOL 31/03/07 £8800.00

Please note..I AM NOT AN EXPERT ANYTHING WHAT I POST IS PURELY MY OPINION AND MAY BE WRONG IT IS JUST BASED ON MY UNDERSTANDING OR EXPERIENCE

Read my latest claim its a fast track potentially

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/61406-noobrider-abbey-take-2-a.html?highlight=noobrider

read my first claim which includes attending a directions hearing in court

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/10576-noobrider-abbey.html?highlight=noobrider

I've finally plucked up the courage to send Abbey my preliminary letter. After the news the other day about that bloke not being successful in reclaiming his charges it makes it seem a bit more scary.

Hi Clogsi

It does seem very daunting when you first start off and you're right, there's loads of reading to do! Don't worry though we're all in the same boat so we can help each other out! It looks like you've got a grip on what you need to do so far but don't be afraid to ask if you need more help!

Good Luck!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest cogsi

Good morning everyone!

Just thought I'd do a quick update with my progress so far.

17th May sent prem letter to Abbey

following week received standard letter saying they will investigate

1st June sent LBA to Abbey, (also sent prem letter to Halifax)

not heard anything back yet from Abbey. Is this normal delaying tactics to not even bother to acknowledge the letter?

Guest cogsi

Hi again everyone,

Just had some thoughts - when people receive their refunds from Abbey, is the money paid straight into your current account or do they send you a cheque?

If you have an overdraft, are you expected to pay this off from the monies received? I ask this last question because I have a biggish overdraft with the Abbey. If (or should that be when?) I get all my money back that would clear the o/d with some money left over.

However I still have money owed elsewhere which I would prefer to pay off, then there wouldn't be so much of a drain on my current a/c so the o/d would come down anyway.

I'm worried that if I have to pay my overdraft off and still have the other loan and things to pay, my o/d will creep up again.

And do Abbey generally close people's accounts?

Any advice will be much appreciated.