Citi Claim

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5341 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

What did they default on and where did you check to find out that it had been rejected?

Lloyds TSB won £4154.59

Nat West settled £810

Mint settled £383.47

Lloyds TSB (mrsDJ59) won £3751.09

Barclaycard settled £1079.77

Capital One settled £257.85

Citicards won £2033.80:p

Capital One settled £986.65

Hi

In my local county court they told me to wait at least 7 days after issuing judgement in default, did you attempt to issue judgement earlier, if so it could be that or citi have a sneeky way of getting papers into court late.

I waited 3 weeks after they failed to acknowledge and was about to enforce the judgement when they applied to have it set aside, not sticking to the time scales is something they do on a regular basis and are getting away with it:mad:

Ah this sounds like my case then, I dont know why more time is given to bag companies such as these as we would have our cases thrown out if we messed about like this.

I checked on MCOL as all my claims have been issued before this.

Hi everyone, any chance of some help as this is the first time I have become confused with any of my now 5 claims, 4 of which have been settled.

I recieved a letter this morning from MCOL which goes on to say

Dear Sir/Madam

Your reply to the County Court Claim is returned for the reason(s) indicated below

- It is unsigned

- N9A/N9B must be signed by the defendant in person

- It was recieved outside the 19 days permitted. Judjment has been made against you. If you are disputing this action please complete the form N244 attached and provide a £65.00 fee. Cheques or postal orders must be made payable to "HCMS". If you are on income support, jobseekers allowance or family credit, you may be eligible to apply for an exemption form.

- Please clarify if you are admitting, disputing, or partially admitting the claim.

- Please specify the amount you wish to counterclaim and submit the appropriate fee as per the attached fee list, made payable to "HCMS". If you are on imcome support, jobseekers allowance or family credit, you may be eligible to apply for an exemption of the fee. Please also find enclosed an application for fee exemption form.

- Other: Please state claim number and resubmit.

Please return thie form when you re-submit your response to the claim.

your faithfully,

blah blah

All of this was submitted with a copy of Citi's bog standard defence of which I have seen many times on this site.

I am really stuck here as it looks to me like it was maybe meant to be sent to them.

not 100% sure, but it sounds like this is meant for Citi.

Unless it is a copy for you? I would give MCOL a call and ask.

Abbey - Claim 1

full hearing 22 Feb 07 - Settled in full £710 :D

Abbey (Claim 2)

full hearing 22 Feb 07- Settled in full £4000 :D

Abbey (Claim 3)

Court date 27 June -

Capital One (claim 1)

£467 Settled in full 20 Sep :D

Capital One (claim 2)

£72 refunded 19 Aug :-D

Associates (Citicards)

claim 8 Aug/judgment by default 30 Aug/set aside hearing 9 Oct/Stay denied, ordered by Judge to reveal breakdown of charges andfull hearing 24 May/FULL DISCLOSURE ORDERED BY 8 MARCH/JUDGE TO STRIKE OUT DEFENCE AS NON-COMPLIANCE/DEFENCE STRUCK OUT PAYMENT IN FULL REQUIRED IN 14 DAYS

• 4 months later...

Hi everyone, I need some help.

My court date is tomorrow, however I dont have my court pack ready. The main reason for this is that I have been too busy with work recently, the months of August and Septmber are the busiest times of year where I work.

I now need to know my options, I was thinking I could pop down to the court and cancel my clam and write to citi today letting them know this, my other option is to just do nothing which I dont believe is really an option.

Could someone please advise me on how I can reslove this ?

what have you got in your court pack, have you got both citi costings £12.88 and 13.47, I was relying on the OFTs report for a lot of my arguements as after reading through it a couple of times it clicked, 3.7 general damages and special damages i believed were very relevant, also 3.12 also 3.16 and 3.17 and 3.18 all god arguements, did the courts order full disclosure..Gc