HSBC Playing Hardball

nosirrom9616

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5248 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

HSBC have told me that if they refund tmy bank charges £1,301 that they will close down my account. Whilst in principle I do not have a problem with this my overdraft is £2,000. This will cause me some severe problems. Has anyone got any ideas or hints/tips etc to help out. i.e could i argue that it is down to them charging me that has made me have this overdraft.

regards

Nosirrom I am sure that some where on this site is a thread that if they do this , you can complain to the banking ombudsman and he is forcing them to re open these accounts and also think that £200 compen is being given....

This could also be a tactic to get you to drop the claim, perhaps it could be viewed as " a threat" or "intimidation" you know if you continue this is what we will do...... so if you want to keep your account then drop the claim...

Am sure that there willeb someone here who can answer the last part , I dont know.........Good luck.. auburn

rockin all over the world

Write and inform them that you are reporting them to the Office of Fair trading and the Financial Services Authority.

Also, go ahead with your claim, open a parachute account and make sure you keep the letter of their threat - use it as a stick to beat them with in front of a Judge - the stress and anxiety it has caused you etc etc and watch out for Mr Brennans case - you could try taking them for Punitive Damages.

READ EVERYTHING you can on here and ask questions.

Even if you think it is a stupid question - as Einstein said "Explain it to me slowly please!" Every question you have, there will be another 20 people thinking the same thing.

Querky

Initial Letter 23/12/06

LBA 14/01/07

MCOL 1/3/07

Acknowledged 3/3/07

Defended 27/03/07

Transferred 3/4/07

Stay Ordered 27th April

Stay Set Aside 14th May

COURT DATE 5th JUNE 2007

Waiting on offer just under £5K