Groover Vs. Barclays

groover1977
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6161 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Been reading through the threads tonight and decided to start my own, as I am new to this and as I already have a couple of questions.

First up a little bit of background. I closed the account a couple of years ago and no longer have the account number. However I was told on the Martin Lewis site (but I have moved over here after reading the Barclays specific threads) that it should not be a problem as long as I provided all other details (Where the account was held, DoB, address etc). Well this was done on the 10 May 07.

Right now to my two questions,

1. How long should I expect to wait for the statements, or breakdown of charges to come through? (Is it likely to be the full 40 days I have given them or longer, due to not having the account number?)

2. Eventhough I have just started should I be worried about the LloydsTSB result at all?

Groover you are quite right to think that it isn't a problem getting old account statements. In answer to your questions they will probably take about 40 days. This has nothing to do with you not being able to provide account details and has more to do with the amount of requests they are getting.

Don't worry about the Lloyds case, this is one case in thousands of successes. He will win if he appeals as Lloyds will not risk a High Court judgement which would set a legal precedent.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Wow thanks Rory for the quick reply, and in less time it took me to get up and make a cup of coffee. lol

This is just my test case if you will.....I have a much larger one to deal with for Lloyds, but I am thinking of letting the dust settle a little first and I will need to set up a parachute account for that one, so I am running with this one first.

Quick question on the parachute account...do I need to open it and transfer all my salary payments in and payments out before I start the action? (I can't risk them closing this account on me as I am in the forces and have to have a bank account)

You don't need to open a parachute account - but it is a good idea as a "just in case" senario. Most of the days of banks closing your account as a retalitary tactic have gone - they close your account they don't make any money out of you.

Even if they do close your account they won't do it until you actually ask for your charges back which gives you plenty of time to open a new account. I would just transfer all salary and DD's etc into the new account.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.