style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5239 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My debt has been passed/sold to Asset Link and today I have received a letter which states they may instruct baliffs to seize goods to the value of the debt. Can they do this without court action? And can the baliffs just enter the property? What can I do to protect my assets. I live in rented accommodation and have no savings so if they emptied the house they would still not have enough to cover the debt.

At present there is no ccj on the debt.

I am partly disabled and receiving working tax credit as I am only able to work about 21 hours a week.

If this is a civil debt, then they will need a court order before they can instruct bailiffs. Any attempt to recover before a court order will be by debt collectors, who are not bailiffs and have no legal authority whatsoever. Check out the Debt section of this forum, post details of your debt up there and someone'll see if you can get it reduced, either through reclaiming charges placed on the account or by checking they've got the right paperwork to enable them to collect in the first place. :)

-----

Click the scales if I've been useful! :)