Halifax - Statements

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6189 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI.

Im still at the statements stage. They originally sent out a 1 - 65 page list of all my transactions, however on second reading, it suddenly jumped from aug 2002 - june 2004 with no transactions. I complained and after 3 phone calls and 2 letters (and 50 days) later i was told because of a sort code change this missing 20 months were unavailable in statement form. I would recieve them in th eform of a 'report' (i assume like a BACS printout) however this would take a further 3 - 4 weeks. I immediately filled a complaint form and sent it off to the INFO COMMISIONERS OFFICE. They are clearly messing me about, howver i have a file keeping all records of copy letters and times and dates of phone calls which i may use to claim back disburesment costs at a latter stage.

I am very suspicious as i know the bulk of the charges i received were around the time my house was re-possesed by the halifax in May 2004.

This also leads me on to claiming back the charges on my mortgage account. I requested the statements for that account and was told i had to pay 15 pounds for every annual statement (from 1993 - 2004) I sent a letter detailing the Data Protection Act max 10 pounds stuff and then got a reply from the Head of Savings department telling me they had no record of any savings accounts i had ????? clearly another stalling tactic. I of course will perceivere and when the 40 days are up (2 weeks time) another complaint to the IFO.

Sorry its very long winded, but thats it all in a nut shell. I imagine that most of you have had the same experience.

Playfire1

Hi Playfire,

Ive had the same experience with BOS.Ive already done the Info Commisioners office and sent a LBA for my missing statements.Im still no further forward.Ive been told to do a N1 but Im not quite sure how to go about it.

Just bear in mind that there is no obligation for them to send you statements. They are obliged under a SAR to send you details of your charges & transactions, but this can be in the form of a list, or a schedule or similar. Some banks do send statements, but this is purely because they choose to do so.

If you read the SAR letter, this is exactly what it says.

• Haha 1

Just bear in mind that there is no obligation for them to send you statements. They are obliged under a SAR to send you details of your charges & transactions, but this can be in the form of a list, or a schedule or similar. Some banks do send statements, but this is purely because they choose to do so.

Thanks yeah I know, I dont care how it comes, A printout is fine. They are under no illusions of what ive asked for. At no time did i refer to asking for 'statements'. It was more the length of time i was annoyed about and their blatent obstruction.

Thanks though

Playfire1

Hi Playfire,

Ive had the same experience with BOS.Ive already done the Info Commisioners office and sent a LBA for my missing statements.Im still no further forward.Ive been told to do a N1 but Im not quite sure how to go about it.

NI? i dont know about that either. I will have a look at some threads and get back to you tomorrow. Thanks

Playfire1

and of course why this particular 20 months are missing, ie the 20 months i know are filled with charges funnily enough, lol.

or am i being too cynical

Playfire1

no you are not being cynical at all! Bet there are more incomplete than complete responses to SARS.

I hate to see posters saying they are going to complain here, there & everywhere because all they've got is a schedule, and no statements. It seems to be taken as read that when you send a SAR you get statements, and I'm not sure where the myth started!

It was your OP that alerted me when you said you had requested your mortgage statements and they wanted to charge you £15 per copy. Which of course, they're quite entitled to do if that's the charge in their T & C's.

cheers.

I was of the opionion that the maximum under the DPA they can only charge a tenner for information you request. I asked them for all charges applied to my mortgage account. are you sure i have to pay 165 quid?

also sub point - can you claim back charges that are added to your mortgage account. I havent actually heard of other cases. and just for clarity. im tryingto claim the charges that have been added to my mortgage account - not my current ac****. the charges that halifax actually add to the mortgage itsself (ie missed mortgage payment)

Playfire1

no you are not being cynical at all! Bet there are more incomplete than complete responses to SARS.

I hate to see posters saying they are going to complain here, there & everywhere because all they've got is a schedule, and no statements. It seems to be taken as read that when you send a SAR you get statements, and I'm not sure where the myth started!

It was your OP that alerted me when you said you had requested your mortgage statements and they wanted to charge you £15 per copy. Which of course, they're quite entitled to do if that's the charge in their T & C's.

cheers.

I was of the opionion that the maximum under the DPA they can only charge a tenner for information you request. I asked them for all charges applied to my mortgage account. are you sure i have to pay 165 quid?

also sub point - can you claim back charges that are added to your mortgage account. I havent actually heard of other cases. and just for clarity. im tryingto claim the charges that have been added to my mortgage account - not my current ac****. the charges that halifax actually add to the mortgage itsself (ie missed mortgage payment)

Playfire1

you will have to pay that if you want copies of your statements, but a full SAR should reveal exactly the details you want.

Under the DPA, yes it's £10 - but a SAR doesn't necessarilly mean you will get statements, - you will get the information, but it may not be in statement form.

I really don't know about the mortgage charges - worth a search for "mortgage penalties" or similar.

If you havnt recieved the statements and are getting no where fast every other way, then yes you can file your N1 to get them.

This will cost roughly £63 but it is reclaimable.

Here are the forms and information you will need...

The N1 form..

http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n1_0102.pdf

The Poc

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/6971-data-protection-act-non.html

Fill it in and take to your local county court.

• Haha 2

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .