A&L - another fob off!

sozzer1982

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5271 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sent a letter to a and l recently offering a a partial payment for a quick settlement. I showed the total amount that we would claim inc interest should it go to court and also that we would take them to court if we did not receive a satisfactory response.

I received a letter today saying "thank you for your communication and we are looking into the matter and will update you asap".

Has anyone else had this and do they usually answer?

I am wondering whether to just file the claim on the 24th May as stated in our last letter.

What do you think??

Hi

I just received a fob off letter today, in reply to my first letter requesting my refund. It arrived one day too late and I had already posted my 2nd letter. In reading others' experiences I would go ahead with court proceedings, I intend to do so on 29 May, when my 14 days are up. Good luck.

Thanks for the advice. I am really nervous about starting court proceedings. I feel a bit out of depth but dont wanna go down without a fight!!

I'll keep you posted on how I get on - good luck with yours.

Hi, sozzer1982, you say you offered A&L a chance to settle for 'less', does this mean you haven't sent the prelim letter and LBA as recommended by the CAG?

If you've done it the 'CAG' way then go ahead as per the timetable, but if you haven't I'd suggest you start and follow the tried and tested route taken by hundreds (thousands?) of CAG members - because problems can easily arise if you're not properly prepared. :cool:

HI Younganfree,

I did send the prelim letter requesting the charges back with schedule of charges. I had all my statements and things which made it a bit quicker. I received a fob off as a result of that. I then sent another - think its referred to as LBA and then to avoid having to go to court I sent one final letter hoping for a speedy settlement for 25% less than the charges but as below that didnt get anywhere.

I will go ahead with the court proceedings - she says nervously!!

Hi dont worry if u followed other sites think they are all roughly the same, i kind of followed this one and the gmtv one as that how i first heard of all this. I too offered a&l the option of paying me a reduced amount and got the reply that they were looking into it and it would take up to 56 days!! i didnt wait for them i sent them a letter saying that it was not good enough and had 5 days to make me a suitable offer, i even rang them when this was up, which was a waste of time!! to be told the normal stuff i.e these charges are in the terms & conditions blah blah blah. So now just about to do my mcol and have recieved a letter offering me ................

£53.00!!!!! without interest my claim is £5531.00 so they can stuff their offer would rather lose at court!! So keep going we can not let them win!!!