• Tweets

• Some 95% of creditors, representing over £230m, voted in favour of the redress scheme, Amigo has announced View the full article
    • I am back....with the update....   After two letters to Amazon no one has bothered to get in contact or collect the faulty table saw (as of the time of writing this).    In regards to the one Bosch took back, they agreed to replace it - didn't have any stock and said that wouldn't be possible until June, however today I have an email saying they have decided to upgrade it to the slightly 'better model' and have sent that out,  fingers crossed that is good.    As Bosch took the initiative and replaced the faulty unit with a new one that now leaves only the issue of the original unit from amazon that they never bothered to collect.    How best to proceed from this point?
    • ROFL - me Corbynista - I considered voting Johnson rather than Corbyn as clearly stated here, and still think its a toss down between whos the worst of the two. Is that another 'mistake on your part CON?   So CON, rather than accusing others of doing what you do - aka nothing but whine at people with opposing views and try to troll the opinions into submission   break your duck ducky   1. What and where is the solid cost benefit justification for spending even a penny of tax payer money on photo ID for voting? Even without the governments own stats on the lack of ANY insignificant voter fraud under the existing system?   2. What is the simple, already promised in the Brexit campaign and beyond, solution to the food deliveries UK/NI and UK/EU and NI/EIRE which would still allow the UK to negotiate external deals?   Both are crucial to the UKs democratic process and future.  
    • The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has announced plans for a new consumer duty, meaning firms will have to adhere to a higher level of consumer protection in retail financial markets View the full article
    • This week for example, if I took off 45 mins for lunch each of the 6 days - I would make it total hours 49.5 if I allow an hour for lunch 48 hours.   The only things I have in writing from the Employer has been an email received offered the first (telephone) interview, then the form for next of kin details/new starter form.   My Mum has looked at the job advert and said really I'd been a lemon and they were a bit clever as they never noted the work hours on that.   I think I'm probably going to get a payslip before the contact appears so hopefully that might make things clearer.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• Mediator point - Hermes lost my parcel and it is offering just a partial refund of the total amount requested. What's next?. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/434633-mediator-point-hermes-lost-my-parcel-and-it-is-offering-just-a-partial-refund-of-the-total-amount-requested-whats-next/&do=findComment&comment=5109422
      • 13 replies
    • Ebay Packlink and Hermes - destroyed item as it was "damaged". https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/430396-ebay-packlink-and-hermes-destroyed-item-as-it-was-damaged/&do=findComment&comment=5087347
      • 33 replies
    • I sent in the bailiffs to the BBC. They collected £350. It made me smile.
        • Haha
    • Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
  • Recommended Topics

• Recommended Topics

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5112 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i was thinking of using one of these no win no fee companies to claim back my bank charges, but after the replies i had i decided to claim them back myself. but what with whats happened today i'm now not so sure.