Company lost my passport and won't pay

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6181 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I arranged a loan and at the end the company needed photo id. Not copies, oh no... they wanted the originals, so I sent my husbands passport and my driving licence.

Got the loan, received a special delivery with the copies of the water bill I sent to them.

I didn't receive the passport or driving licence. Long story short, they said that they had sent it special delivery and that a notice was left through our door, but as we didn't pick up the envelope it was somewhere in the sorting office.

We telephoned the loan company again and again and again, we telephoned The post office, they wouldn't talk to us the sender was the loan company. The loan company said that they had been lost

The girl we were speaking to said that would replace them for us. so I got a new driving licence £20.00 and a new passport (Urgent) we were going to the US £100.00

I have sent three letters requesting payment. I have now been informed that tough S**t we didn't loose your stuff, it was your own fault cause you didn;t pick it up

So where so I stand - Can I issue a Court summons, I have already sent an invoice and said I will proceed with a claim if I do not receive payment. Get stuffed is about what he put!!!

Any advise would be appreciated

Thanks

Sorry to hear your unfortunate loss at the hands of the loan company, i also sent documentation to a company, there didnt send the items back, so i rang and rang in the end threatned with sending them a invoice, very next day the items arrived back to me, chances are your items are still with the company, and havnt even been sent out to you, since you have now re-placed them, i would guess there owe you the money, did you get proof that there said there would refund you the costs of replacments, etc.

!2 years Tesco distribution supervisor

7 years Sainsburys Transport Manager

4 Years housing officer ( Lettings )

Partner... 23 Years social services depts

All advice is given through own opition, also by seeking/searching info on behalf of poster, and own personnel dealings.

Funny enough the girl that agreed to it has left the company. I know they have it on tape though.

Also they were missing for 69 days; which is a heck of a long time to be missing not LOST.

They have given me the tracking number and said that I should contact the Royal Mail.

I have told them that my contract was with them - not the Royal Mail.

The Royal Mail have sent my Licence and Passport back to the Loan company. They found them after 69 days and returned them to the sender

I sent an LBA and just need to know if I have a chance of winning

This company are clearly trying it on. If they sent the package, then they are the ones who have a contract with Royal Mail, who will only deal with a claim from the sender anyway.

I think you have a good chance of winning if it gets to court - make sure your Particulars of Claim clearly shows how you have given the loan company ample opportunity to resolve the matter, and they have responded not only by stalling and giving you palpably untrue information, they have failed to take action (claiming from RM), which would cost them nothing!

If it gets as far as Court - and surely no company can be that stupid (except MBNA, YES, Welcome, all banks and so on) - I don't see how they can defend it.