Old Barclays terms and conditions wanted

MARTIN3030
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6080 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all sorry to butt in on your thread ( im HSBC claimant) I suggested in our forum about contacting the actual printers of the T & C's . One of ours has contacted the printers who live near him and is hoping to find out on monday if they have archive copies of them, Maybe you could do same. Usually the name should be on the bottom of current terms and hope they have used the same printers.

Good luck

CM

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

Northern rock Claim stayed working on negotiation

HSBC personal claim 1 ''WON''.

£1800 plus full stat interest plus costs.

Claim started 14/02/07 offer 3/07/07

Next:Coming soon to a thread near you! :)

HSBC personal Part 2 'return of the Celicaman'

HSBC business 1 ' my empire strikes back' N1 claim POC in progress after usual offensive offer from bank

HSBC business 2 'attack of the Celicaman'

HSBC business claim 3 'bank account menace'

HSBC business 4 'Revenge of the CAG Member' the final insult ....................... 'Maybe'

I'd be interested in seeing the Barclays T&Cs for '96. I know the costs will have changed over the years but I bet the terms won't have until the claims started going in. It would be useful to compare the wording with current terms.

Thanks,

John.

Are we talking about t&c when the account was first opened ? ie when i was a child or when the overdraft was taken out ?

In the banks defence case they still call them "charges" is this good news for me rather than the bank calling them fees ?

any help appreciated

Bigal

Its from when you opened the account, but they will have sent you revised T & C over the years, if you have any ,the older the better, they will help your claim but they would also help others who are claiming from the same bank. So if you can find them , post them.

Im not sure about second part but it will be a standard defence they send to everybody. On HSBC defence they cant even be bothered to address it to the correct type of account ' the claimants personal / Business account '. Shows how much contempt they feel, they cant even address each case on its merit.

CM

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

Northern rock Claim stayed working on negotiation

HSBC personal claim 1 ''WON''.

£1800 plus full stat interest plus costs.

Claim started 14/02/07 offer 3/07/07

Next:Coming soon to a thread near you! :)

HSBC personal Part 2 'return of the Celicaman'

HSBC business 1 ' my empire strikes back' N1 claim POC in progress after usual offensive offer from bank

HSBC business 2 'attack of the Celicaman'

HSBC business claim 3 'bank account menace'

HSBC business 4 'Revenge of the CAG Member' the final insult ....................... 'Maybe'

cheers trouble is i am sure my dad opened up an account for me when i was about 8 (i am 32 now) and he is losing his marbles sadly and can`t remember. somebody has mailed me a succesful court bundle which i will use, not sure what a witness statement is ? Seem important.

I will see how i get on and if anybody wants to see the court bundle then let me know

I've scanned my Barclays T&C's from 1998 and 2001 onto PDF. Let me know if anyone needs copies.

Im not that clever but have scanned the 1996 T&C's to pc if anyone wants them they can pm me an email addy to send them to

Hi Iskanda,

I'd love a copy of T&Cs covering 2000 - 2001 please. Maybe you could PM me with PDFs attached. I hope you can do that in CAG mail, some things work, others don't!

Thanks,

John.

John, I've sent the 2001 one to the address you gave me. The 1998 one is pretty large (9mb). I'm not sure what the size limit is on your email account. Let me know if this is okay to send on.

• 2 weeks later...

Internet Archive Wayback Machine

if any one has got the time to go through this, i dont know if it will show anything relevent.

im at work at the mo but will check it later at home.

• Haha 1

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

Hi hope someone can help,

I have been going through the process of claiming charges back from Barclays. I have been claiming on two accounts and received an offer for the full amount claimed for one account, it had just one account number on the letter so I presumed they were paying up but they put in a defense to both accounts. (Started the court process after being fobbed off for two months and thouhgt they would keep delaying).After phoning I was told the amount offered was for both accounts which doesnt even cover half the charges let alone the interest.

I have just received the court letter with Barclays defence.

The defense claims the defendant is entitled to charge for unauthorised borrowings by reason of its standard terms and conditions. It goes on to say said charges remain lawful and enforceable and they were a breach of contract.

The letter informs me an allocation questionaire is dispensed with but it doesnt give a court date.

Do I now accept defeat?

or prepare a court bundle and send off asap?

I unfortunately dont have the terms & conditions and closed the account a couple of years back.

Getting really downhearted over the whole thing, wonder whether its worth it to continue apart from being out of pocket court costs aswell!

Help!!!!!!!!!!

Edale,

You don't need to do anything at the moment - especially don't get dispirited.

I felt the same as you a few weeks about a month ago. Barclays defence sounds like the one I got. It's pretty standard.

I was really stressed waiting to hear from the court because it was all new to me and what I expected to happen wasn't happening.

You will eventually receive something from the court, maybe an AQ, more likely AQs disposed of and directions for trial and a date by which to submit your evidence to the court and the defendant (Barclays).

I would advise you to start organising your bundle so that you have all the stuff you need, either on your computer ready to print out or in a folder ready to photocopy.

Think about how you intend to index the documents and what you are going to put your bundles in, folders or ring binders and it's a good idea to have card dividers between each document.

I only had thirteen days notice to complete and submit my bundles to the bank and the court so it is better to prepare yourself. Just wait for the court's direction before printing or photocopying anything. As soon as you hear from the court you could send a 'nudge' letter to the bank telling them you are prepared to comply with the court's direction but you are offering them a final opportunity to settle. It might work and if not you submit your bundle and prepare for court.

The bank wants you to feel intimidated. We've all been in your position. Don't let them push you around - you are the one in the driving seat!

Regards,

John.

The trouble here is again, someone has tried to go through the process of getting their money back without getting any help.

We would have addressed the two account thing right from the start, their defence seems very std.

As John says dont get disgruntled, dont give in.. if youre worried dont let them know, .

Next thing to do is to start your own thread so we can pick up the pieces and continue on to the winning line:

post your thread here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=7

Edale,

You don't need to do anything at the moment - especially don't get dispirited.

I felt the same as you a few weeks about a month ago. Barclays defence sounds like the one I got. It's pretty standard.

I was really stressed waiting to hear from the court because it was all new to me and what I expected to happen wasn't happening.

You will eventually receive something from the court, maybe an AQ, more likely AQs disposed of and directions for trial and a date by which to submit your evidence to the court and the defendant (Barclays).

I would advise you to start organising your bundle so that you have all the stuff you need, either on your computer ready to print out or in a folder ready to photocopy.

Think about how you intend to index the documents and what you are going to put your bundles in, folders or ring binders and it's a good idea to have card dividers between each document.

I only had thirteen days notice to complete and submit my bundles to the bank and the court so it is better to prepare yourself. Just wait for the court's direction before printing or photocopying anything. As soon as you hear from the court you could send a 'nudge' letter to the bank telling them you are prepared to comply with the court's direction but you are offering them a final opportunity to settle. It might work and if not you submit your bundle and prepare for court.

The bank wants you to feel intimidated. We've all been in your position. Don't let them push you around - you are the one in the driving seat!

Regards,

John.

only just learning how to use computer what chance have i got thanks.

i have taken the T's & C's 1996 kindly submitted by Saintly_1 and expanded them into Microsoft Powerpoint.

They are printable onto A4 sheets [enlarged text]

If anyone would like a copy PM me

Get this a lot with http://WWW.Sendthisfile.....it only allows so many downloads.

Dont know if it makes a difference if you sign up to it, but I get enough Spam as it is already, and my comp recognised spyware on it.

I'd love a copy of T&Cs covering 2000 - 2006 please. Maybe you could PM me with PDFs attached. I hope you can do that using CAG mail. I will also telephone Bs but I will more than likely get the current T&C's .

Thx

Master Sun SAID:

Ultimate Excellence Lies Not in Winning Every Battle

But In Defeating the Enemy Without Ever Fighting.8-)