• Tweets

• Another one. Apparently this has been hushed up for about three months. They're working through their majority quite fast with all the sackings. Not that they've done anything about Menzies yet but he sounds like a blackmail risk. Here's the original article.   Revealed: Tory MP allegedly demanded campaign cash to pay ‘bad people’ ARCHIVE.PH archived 18 Apr 2024 07:32:33 UTC  
    • and another one   MP Mark Menzies loses Tory whip as party investigates claims he misused funds "According to a source close to Mr Menzies, the MP had met a man on an online dating website and gone to the man’s flat, before subsequently going with another man to a second address where he continued drinking. He was sick at one point and several people at the address demanded £5,000, claiming it was for cleaning up and other expenses." The sum, which rose to £6,500, was eventually paid by his office manager from her personal bank account and subsequently reimbursed from funds raised from donors   Never mind losing whip - how about criminal charges   MP Mark Menzies loses Tory whip as party investigates claims he misused funds WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK The Fylde MP is alleged to have used campaign funds to pay off ‘bad people’ and cover medical expenses   ALSO According to the The Times, £14,000 given by donors for use on Tory campaign activities was transferred to Mr Menzies’ personal bank accounts and used for private medical expenses. The MP, who is one of Rishi Sunak’s trade envoys, is also said to have called his 78-year-old former campaign manager at 3.15am one day in December, claiming he was locked in a flat and needed £5,000 as a matter of “life and death”.   Hes supposed to use funding from Taxpayers and doners for a life of service, not funding a life of drink and debauchery Hope his parliamentary expenses are also investigated.   In fact, perhaps Mr Bates next role in life should be as an independent investigator of Parliamentary expenses?
    • He asked for that one, didn't he?
    • Trump was unable to make it through the first day of court without falling asleep on Monday, which sparked a whole host of jokes, memes and even a new nickname, 'Dozy Don'    
    • The shift to card and contactless technology in the past decade has been rapid - not just in Britain, but in all sorts of remote pockets of the world. This is yet a further sign of it.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Alexskord Vs Everyone :) (defaults)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5916 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

I have just received my credit report from Experian and it couldn t be any worst than that.

I ve got two defaults and also 2 account which are settled.

For better understanding here it is

C3 : MR XXXXXXXXXXXX FLAT 3.............LIVERPOOL

DATE OF BIRTH.........

AMERICAN EXPRESS CREDIT CARD/STORE CARD

STARTED 23/03/06 DEFAULT £3070 DEFAULTED 26/02/07 CURRENT BALANCE £3070

STATUS HISTORY 8 (WHICH MEANS DEFAULT)

C4 : MR XXXXXXXXXXXX FLAT 3.............LIVERPOOL

DATE OF BIRTH.........

VODAFONE EX SINGLEPOINT COMMUNICATIONS

STARTED 06/01/04 BALANCE £0 SETTLED 25/07/06

C5 : MR XXXXXXXXXXXX FLAT 3.............LIVERPOOL

DATE OF BIRTH.........

STARTED 04/12/01 BALANCE £0 SETTLED 08/01/03

C6 : MR XXXXXXXXXXXX FLAT 3.............LIVERPOOL

DATE OF BIRTH.........

STARTED 10/10/02 DEFAULT £62 DEFAULTED 26/04/05

CURRENT BALANCE: £62

NOW CAN ANYONE PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT CAN I DO FOR THEM? I MEAN I HAVEN T YET PAID ANYTHING TO AMERICAN EXPRESS AND I THINK THEY HAVE PASSED MY BALANCE TO ALLIED CREDIT WHICH I CCA THEM A WEEK AGO. SO CAN I DO ANYTHING ABOUT THESE DEFAULTS YET OR SHOULD I WAIT AND SEE.

ANOTHER QUESTION IS ABOUT THE OTHER ACCOUNTS WITH VODAFONE AND SINGLEPOINT. CAN YOU HELP ME PLEASE?

I don't think you'll be able to do anything about these until the outstanding amounts have been paid off, or you have a genuine reason to dispute the amount owed. If you haven't received a default notice, then technically it shouldn't be recorded at the CRA, but on the other hand, if you do owe them the money, then there's nothing to stop them simply sending you a default notice, and then re-registering the defaults with the CRA.

I think the best thing to do is clear off the debts and then deal with the default when they have no excuse to put them back on your credit file.

• Haha 1

Robertxc v. Abbey - £3300 Settled in full

Robertxc v. Clydesdale - £750 Settled in full

Nationwide v. Robertxc - £2000 overdraft wiped out, Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Style Card - Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Abbey (1) - Data Protection Act action. £750 compensation

Robertxc v. Abbey (2) - Data Protection Act action. £2000 compensation, default removed

The opinions on this post are those of Robertxc and not necessarily the opinions of the group and do not constitute sound legal advice. You are advised to seek professional legal advice.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

can i also ask you something else. Can i do anything for the missed payments that now show settled??? i.e C4 : MR XXXXXXXXXXXX FLAT 3.............LIVERPOOL

DATE OF BIRTH.........

DATE OF BIRTH.........

thanks you so much.

Can i do anything for the accounts that are now settled?

i.e

C4 : MR XXXXXXXXXXXX FLAT 3.............LIVERPOOL

DATE OF BIRTH.........

DATE OF BIRTH.........

• 8 months later...

hello again,

As I was away for quite some time back in Greece I now sorted out the one of my two defaults.

I have got 2 defaults in my Credit record one from Amex which is now showing as settled and one more from HSBC which shows £1100.

The thing with HSBC is that half of that amount is made up from charges.

But as we all know there is test case going on in the courts.

So, I have a good reason I believe not to pay HSBC just yet until the test case is closed.

Now back to my problem.

I have never received a default notice from AMEX or HSBC so I ve sent the first letter asking for it to both of them on the 13th of November 2007 and haven t received any correspondance from them.

What should I do now? Please help

Well, if you never received a default notice from Amex then they should remove the default notice. That might be easier said than done however...

I think if it were me I would be quite aggresive about it and give them 14 days to PROVE that they sent you the default notice, and then go straight to court if they can't. In reality though I would be expecting them to come up with something to say that they did send it, because these things tend to happen automatically.

It's quite a tricky one really alexskord because you do seem to have been genuinely in default which means that in any dispute resolution process they will probably have the upper hand. :(

Nationwide v. Robertxc - £2000 overdraft wiped out, Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Abbey (2) - Data Protection Act action. £2000 compensation, default removed

The opinions on this post are those of Robertxc and not necessarily the opinions of the group and do not constitute sound legal advice. You are advised to seek professional legal advice.

UPDATE!!!

I received this letter from HSBC after sending my second letter asking for the default notice.

As you will notice there is no signature and I think this is a reproduced one. I ve never received that notice.

Anyway the reason I am not clearing the balance is that around 50% of that is made up from charges. So even if the default notice is correct because I have not cleared the balance I believe that I have got a strong case arising from the charges.

The thing is that I do NOT know how can i approach my case.

I can explain you though what it would be my ideal case.

my balance is £1200 approx and the charges are £620 approx. If they tell me or offer me to pay lets say £600 and remove the default I can pay off the whole amount the same day. BUT as I explained before I do not know How am i going to approach them

Here is my letter

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x316/alexskord/1hsbc.jpg

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x316/alexskord/2hsbc.jpg

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x316/alexskord/3hsbc.jpg

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x316/alexskord/4hsbc.jpg

Please HELP

Hi Alex

I would suggest that you have come up with the most appropriate way of dealing with this ... defaults are notoriously difficult to remove from your credit file in isolation, and the way I have achieved default removals (with Barclaycard and NatWest card) was in conjunction with return of penalty charges!

You have discovered that your account is made up of a huge proportion of penalty charges so I would suggest that you send a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) requesting statements relating to this account together with all other data that they hold in your name (including a true copy of the CCA signed by yourself), and a true copy of the default notice sent) with the maximum fee chargeable in the form of a cheque for £10.00. ALWAYS send your letters by first class recorded delivery so that you can use the Royal Mail Track and Trace service on their website to see when your letters are delivered and signed for.

You will then (hopefully) receive all of the above and can start calculating the charges and interest paid on these and and request return of these sums together with removal of the default. They will decline so you then move to the next stage, your LBA in which you request same and giving them 14 days to act upon your request. They will still decline so then you file a claim in court ...

The second default seems to be for a smaller amount and you don't say whether there are any charges on this a/c ... if there are (and any in the past that you've paid) then the method above should also apply.

Anyway, this method worked for me, however my accounts were closed, but see no reason at all why it should not work for you too. I would also suggest that if you choose to do this, it is imperative that you keep up with payments on a live a/c.

Hope this helps and others may have their own views on this. If you get stuck with your letters, let me know!

Go get 'em :D

Painty x

Sorry Paintball

With HSBC i am to the stage to which I ve sent them an LBA letter and I received the letter from them saying that due to a test case they have the right to stop any communications about these so I have to wait for the test case. That was back in October. So do u suggest me going back and file a claim???

Alex

I was referring to your first mentioned default which is for American Express Credit Card and suggesting you go for the penalty charges/default removal. Please remember here that stays are not appropriate for card claims although some companies have tried to hide behind the test case to avoid paying out!!

... unless I'm missing something, I can see no mention in your red highlighted text about HSBC.

If you have a separate bank claim with HSBC then ,yes, your charges claim WILL be stayed until the outcome of the test case (as is my Co-Op Part Deux claim!!).

:)

UPDATE!!!

I received this letter from HSBC after sending my second letter asking for the default notice.

As you will notice there is no signature and I think this is a reproduced one. I ve never received that notice.

Anyway the reason I am not clearing the balance is that around 50% of that is made up from charges. So even if the default notice is correct because I have not cleared the balance I believe that I have got a strong case arising from the charges.

The thing is that I do NOT know how can i approach my case.

I can explain you though what it would be my ideal case.

my balance is £1200 approx and the charges are £620 approx. If they tell me or offer me to pay lets say £600 and remove the default I can pay off the whole amount the same day. BUT as I explained before I do not know How am i going to approach them

Here is my letter

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x316/alexskord/1hsbc.jpg

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x316/alexskord/2hsbc.jpg

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x316/alexskord/3hsbc.jpg

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x316/alexskord/4hsbc.jpg

Please HELP

Sorry

I was talking about HSBC

Sorry again

I think the problem you have is that you are in fact in default - be it for £600 or £1200 and I think you'll struggle to have the default removed completely. I think the most likely outcome is that if/when you get your charges back from them the default will be amended to £600, which will be marked as 'satisfied' only when the outstanding amount has been paid off.

One possible scenario might be to

what i need to know though is do I have a chance?

next is can you please tell me if pages 3 & 4 from HSBC is the actual default notice?

And also one more question. I think all the defaults that are placed are rightly done at the time of issue (I have not got a default from ABBEY cause i ve never been with the ABBEY) so I think most of the peoples case here is that they try and find something wrong in the banks papers etc in order to get their default remove. You cant just miss 4 months payments and get a default from them nor you can destroy your life cause you missed some payments 3 or 4 or even 6 years ago.

I know it is very difficult to get a default removed but i want to try and get it removed not partially but wholly. But I cant do that without your help. So thanks for replying but I still have questions.

Alex

m afraid they can iand do ssue a deafault notice if you go a few months behind, and likewise they are (at the moment) entitled to keep it on your credit file for six years. Pages 3 & 4 do look like the default notice, but I'm not sure if all the terms are strictly correct. I'll ask someone with more knowledge of this to have a look. I think you will stand a reasonable chance of having the £1200 default reduced to £600, but to be honest the fact that you have a default at all is what will be wrecking your credit file, not the amount of the default.