123vivienneb v Abbey

123vivienneb
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5496 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I posted my cheque with request for statements 27/4/07.

I've not had any response from them, not even confirmation of my letter.

Has anybody any suggestions as to what I should do.

I sent it to their address in Prescot Street, London, not realising there were addresses on this site!

hi, has the cheque been cashed? did you send it recorded delivery?

I would send a letter confirming that you sent them the original request last month (give date) and they now have only (however long) x amount of days remaining. i'd send it recorded so know it has been received.

• 1 month later...

Ok, update time!

I posted my Prelim letter (last week) for charges and have today received a reply from Abbey.

Its a standard 'sorry you're not happy' letter, saying they will investigate and get back to me (in about 4 weeks).

I gather I ignore their time scale and send them the letter before action in 2 weeks etc etc?

Hi there

Yes that is their standard "bog-off" letter, and me like a fool waited the four weeks, only to get another one asking for another four weeks :o !

Totally ignore their stalling tactics and stick to the time-scale you have set, ie LBA after 14 days.

Best regards

Jo xx

Six Nations Champions 2009

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

:cool::-D:cool:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I received a Notice that Acknowledgement of Service Has Been Filed from my County Court telling me that the defendant (Abbey) filed an Acknowledgement of Service on 7th August and stating that the defendant indicated an intention to defend all of the claim.

The letter goes on to say that they have 28 days from date of service to file a defence.

Has anyone received a similar letter and if so, can the let me know the next probable steps in the process.

Hi

This is the standard letter from the Court, informing you that Abbey have complied with the first stage.

The 28 days runs from the date the claim was served on the defendant, not from the date they acknowledge, so they have less than 14 days by my reckoning, to submit the defence.

The Court will inform you, after the deadline has expired, whether the defence has been submitted, and if so they will send you a copy. Abbey may also send you a copy. The Court should also advise the next step; this could be an AQ, or unfortunately it could be that a stay has been put on the claim.

Hope that helps.

Best regards

Jo xx

Six Nations Champions 2009

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

:cool::-D:cool:

Hi Viv, while you are waiting for the acknowledgement, i would advise that you read some threads on here to familiarise yourself with what could or would happen.

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

just carry on as normal, they have sent it out to everyone, not all courts are granting it , although most are :mad:

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

• 1 year later...