DR Interest

Ian Appleby
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6167 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, i am trying to fill in my schedule of charges,but on my statements the DR interest could be anything from a few pence to fifty quid.Do i add them all to my shedule,i have been putting the word Interest into the charge description,is this correct?.Thank you :)

Hi Ian

you seem to have a lot of threads going. is there a main one so we can follow where you are with your claim?

You can't claim the total interest figure as it shows on your statements. You can only claim the portion of it which occurred when a charge was made making you go further overdrawn.

are you using the vampiress spreadsheets from this site? If you follow the guidlelines on there it works out the portion for you as you fill in the relevant details.

PD :)

Hi Pd,sorry bout the threads,but i think i need to start fresh.I have lost touch with all of this.I have my statements and if i remember correctly i add everything with a dr next to it?.Will it be o.k to use a simple spreadsheet?.I have already filled in a spreadsheet for contractual interest,but i have changed my mind and would rather go the easier way with my claim.To be honest i am finding it hard and numbers have never been my thing.I thought i could claim all the Total charges for a personal account,well that is what i was advised to do on my last visit.I would be grateful for any help.Thanks

O.k,I have completed the simple calc spreadsheet,it is the microsoft works spreadsheet.Do i just delete the 8% interest for now?,and add that at a later date if it goes to the court?.My claim has come to £2,444.86 and the 8% interest comes to £500.43.The spreadsheet has a column with days since offence,so does that mean the 8% is calculated on a daily basis?.I hope i have used the right one :)

yes, that is correct - if you were to try to do the overdraft interest - you would need to use the advanced spreadsheet.

if you are not including the interest debits then you use the simple spreadsheet and as for the 8% column - just cover it over or fold it back when you copy it and use it without that column for the first two letters but then it is ready to go when you file your claim.

so, yes, it looks like you are ok.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Lateralus,i didnt know i had a reply.I have just been checking my email but your reply didnt come up.I will send the spreadsheet with my prelim letter by the weekend.I guess i just leave out the bit "what you have taken in overdraft interest".I am a self employed groundsman and trying to get time to do anything apart from work at the mo is hard.Thanks again lateralus.

you're welcome.

if any more charges come in - you can add them on too right up to the filing of the claim. and also, as a little time has passed - when you get ready to do your claim - i'd redo the spreadsheet - using the curent date - just before you file - then you can call that your updated schedule of charges

so, just to recap for anyone else reading this (this is the way a lot of info gets around) - in listing your charges - anything with a DR next to it - but not interest debits unless you use the advanced spreadsheet to calculate how much of each interest debit is reclaimable - DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES JUST PLONK INTEREST DEBIT IN WHOLE ONTO YOUR LIST OF CHARGES.

compare the names of the charges with those allowed on this thread:

Charges description on statements - Please Read. (arrangement fees and notified fees are new names but still reclaimable)

once you've got your s/s sorted - use it (without the 8% column showing) as your schedule of charges. when you file your claim - make sure any new charges are added and if some time has passed since you did the s/s - do it again with the date you will be filing your claim.

this new schedule will be the one you will send to the court, hsbc's solicitors, and anyone else who wants a copy of your breakdown of chrages.