surrendering chequebook and card-admitting liability?

karen jenkins

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5247 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi people, I have already asked this question , but I'm hoping someone in the know can give me a specific answer.Bank threatening default, been given a really good letter to respond with, but thinking ahead, and not wanting collectors turning up at the door(£120 to collect said chequebook/card) where do I stand on this surrendering thingy?I should explain that I wrote an urgent letter to the bank on the 25th April when I saw charges were building up. I said that I was extremely concerned, had cancelled what D/Ds I could, would they contact me to try to sort something out.After hearing nothing for a couple of days I went into my local branch (where I had hand delivered the letter) to ask if they had any response to my letter. The very nice customer services officer went off to find out and came back to say that the letter had been sent off to the dept. dealing with bank charges. I pointed out that the letter was not about claiming bank charges but was a specific request for assistance from my local branch.So I would not consider that good service. They were unable to help me further and said I would get a response to my letter. No response has come, so the way I look at it, the bank has chosen to ignore my request to discuss the matter before it got totally out of control(bank charges of approx.£150 between 1st-25th April) and waited until I started action to reclaim charges on 2nd May(by which time the bank charges had risen to over£500)Not only that, but my local branch chose not to deal personally with a long-standing customer, but to pass the buck. So if Natwest think that the charges are for providing a service, it's not very good is it? Unfortunately I did'nt keep a copy of the letter dated 25th April but I am thinking that if this gets to court I could get a personal witness summons on the customer services officer(who I presume would be under oath) to verify that I did present the letter and the action the local branch took.So going back to my original question, should I surrender the chequebook/card with a letter demonstrating that I am trying to be as cooperative as possible? Any thought, anyone please?

Hi

you could try ringing the collections department, if they're demanding chequebooks etc back then its probably them who's dealing with your account now. I've always found them to be quite helpful. Point out that your account is in dispute and they can't defult you while it is. Send/fax a letter to them confirming this.

They actually asked for our cheque book and debit cards back a few weeks ago, which didn't bother us as it was on our second account which we never use anyway, and which has an arrangement to pay in xxx per month to keep them quiet!! Didn't have a cheque book, but handed in debit cards at branch. Was told by collections that we could have ordinary cash point cards in case we needed to withdraw money. Fine by me! Then in the post a couple of days ago, arrived......new debit cards for that account!!! Left hand not knowing what right hand doing......

My thinking is you might as well surrender the c/book etc cos if there's no money in your account you won't be able to use them anyway lol, although cheques do come in handy when there's a couple of days before payday and you need to go shopping.... but see how you get on with collections first.

But don't let them bully you into anything silly.

Number for collections is 08453039015 this gets you through to Birmingham or Nottingham, if thats not your area then then they should be able to give you the right number.

Best of luck, walk talk, put on your most confident voice and go for it.............. nothing ventured. xxxx Fendy xxx

NATWEST BANK CLAIM - £16,100.00 WON

ABBEY BANK - £5500.00 WON

CAPITAL ONE VISA - £1800.00 WON

HUBBYS CAPITAL ONE VISA £2012.00 WON

TOTAL WON TO DATE: £25,400

*************************************************:D :D

NATWEST BANK -CLAIM 2 PRE 6 YEARS- ONGOING

ABBEY BANK -CLAIM 2 PRE 6 YEARS - ONGOING

YORKSHIRE BANK - AT SAR STATUS

HALIFAX CREDIT CARD - AT SAR STATUS

PLENTY MORE TO START LATER.

STRENGTH IS SOMETHING YOU CHOOSE IN LIFE, ITS A CONSCIOUS CHOICE YOU MAKE, YOU ARE NOT BORN WITH IT. YOU LEARN IT.:D :D

STRENGTH, YOURE NOT BORN WITH IT, YOU LEARN IT :confused:DUE TO WHAT LIFE DOES TO YOU. :)

Thanks ya'll i'm probably gonna be facing the same. Good question karen jenkins and answer wendy b

ditto yeah do your thang.

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4][COLOR=red]Now your here & I've your attention pls atleast [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff0000]look at[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [URL="http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/PAYUSBACK/"][B][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4]http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/PAYUSBACK/[/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/URL] [B]:eek: Deadline to sign up by: [/B]21 May 2007 – [B]Signatures:[/B] 1,333 (as at 17/05):shock: [URL="http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Penaltycharges/"][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4][COLOR=darkgreen][B]http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Penaltycharges/[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/URL] [FONT=Times New Roman]that Berwick v lloyds case judgement [/FONT] [SIZE=1][SIZE=1][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=black]Analysed and surmised in concise plain English[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE] by 1 of our admins[/SIZE] [URL]http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/show-post/post-825486.html[/URL] [SIZE=1]& by[/SIZE][SIZE=3] R B R EARS[/SIZE] [U][COLOR=darkgreen][URL]http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/show-post/post-827833.html[/URL][/COLOR][/U] [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4][COLOR=black]All the best.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=navy][I]FIDZ[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [SIZE=4][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2][COLOR=#ff0000]Any of my Advice & opinions and guidance are personal, not endorsed by C A G or Bank Action Group, are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR] [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE]