Mozzer v NatWest

mozzer
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6124 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everybody,

I am just about to send in my claim for £3,266.50.

I just wondered if someone could help me with the interest that have been mentioned on various threads.

I have used the simple excel form, and it has given me my total of charges.

It has also worked out the 8% interest. Am I right that the 8% is only used when or if it goes to court?

In my statements, I have also quite a few small interest charges taken by Nat West a lot of £1.84 and £2.29 type charges. Can I claim these as well? as they are only small amounts but add up.

Hi Mozzer, welcome on board the nat west forum!!!

You're spot on about the 8% interest - this can only be awarded by the courts so 'hide' this column at prelim and LBA stages.

With regards to the small amounts of interest, have these been applied to your account when you've gone overdrawn? And do you have an overdraft facility on your account?

If you don't have an overdraft facility, these small interest charges are probably the bank's unauthorised borrowing rate - e.g., what you get charged for going overdrawn! So yes, claim these back.

If you do have an overdraft facility, the interest is quite tricky to work out as you can only claim for the portion of interest that's been applied because charges made you go over your overdraft.

Hope that makes sense? (Got shockin' hangover this morning - so post back if I've just typed a load of mumbo jumbo!!!!)

Good luck, hedgey xxx :p

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

That was great thanks.

I have had various overdrafts ovre the six year period, so looks too complicated to sort out to me!!! Might just leave them.

Going to final check the spreadsheet and post it off today.

Hello everybody.

Finally sent in my letter with spreadsheet minus 8%.

Total comes to £3,309.50. checked this morning and it was received Monday.

Clock is ticking, and await a response. :)

Hi all,

just received a standard looking letter from Borham Wood saying they have received my claim, but it could take up to 56 days to look at.

Is this normal? they replied on the 14th day, and using the standard letter I said I would give them another 14 days, that should be due next week.

Any advice?, do I start hassling them now by phone? or sit and wait until next week, and go down the court route.

Hi

If you've sent LBA then you should give them the 14 days, then file at court. Their standard response is the 56 days guff, but they may or may not keep to this. its up to you whether you want to wait and see or take them to court, most advice would be to file MCOL or N1 if you can afford to.(which i can't so am having to wait it out and hope they stick to their 8 weeks timescale, not holding my breath)

You can try hassling Borehamwood but the most you'll get is a long wait on hold then possibly a date when you should receive an offer letter by. Number is 0800 015 4212 option 1 option 1.

just remember this is Planet Natwest you're dealing with here, where they live in a different space/time continuum and their clocks probably go backwards not forwards!!!. lol

Wendy

totally agree with above the live in a different planet and make the rules up as they go along, today i had convo with mrs stroppy at boredomwood, who has told me the dont wont and never have accepted spreadsheets!!:o last week i was told a decision would be made by last friday,nothing, rang tuesday lady told me she would chase up decision, and today nothing doing as i sent a spreadsheet, could i fax over a list of charges dates etc or highlighted statements, ever tried faxing 300+ statements no way hose" now im totally peed off with nat west what should be next step cant really afford to mcol as moving next saturday, what can i do next? and has anyone else had this twaddle from them, claim is for over 3k

what should be next step cant really afford to mcol as moving next saturday, what can i do next? and has anyone else had this twaddle from them, claim is for over 3k

Borehamwood may very well make an offer but it will not include any interest. If interest is a significant part of your claim (or even if it's not but you are determined to get it) then going to court will be your only option.

However, the timescales are under your control. You won't lose out by waiting until you can afford the fee.

I was slightly puzzled by a comment by Wendy earlier about fees for N1/MCOL. As far as I can tell they are the same. The disdvantage of MCOL is that you cannot claim exemptins or remissions of fees, for example if you are on benefit. N1 has advantegs - their is more room for your PoC and therefore you are less likely to get lots of daft questions from Cobbetts.

Steven

Just got through to Customer complaints for an update (took ages)

Nice lady called Emelda checked and said I was on file, and my claim was being looked at.

I asked when I would receice a reply she replied 17th July!!!!

Is it worth waiting for this, or will I get a standard "we believe our claims are fair" letter?

I really want to get this sorted out. but am fighting shy over the whole court issue.

advice/reassurance would be relly helpful

It only takes 8 weeks if you let them get away with it.

Welcom Mozzer - don't worry about anything, there's loads of help here. Where are you in your claim?

Steven

If this post is helpful, please click the scales

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability.

Almost everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site.

put my claim in may 18th with spreadsheet.

Got my Stuart Higley letter on the 27th May.

Standard letter with timescale of 6-7 weeks.

Just was interested to know if this was a delaying tactic, and what peoples experiences were.

I don't think its a delaying tactic. I think it reflects the state of the department with all these claims - ie if you just wait, then it will take 6-7 weeks for them to get back to you. The advice here is to ignore them and press on with your timescales. They could always take on more staff if they wanted to

Steven

Almost everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site.

They could always take on more staff if they wanted to

Heaven forbid........... more of the same?????? Nooooooooooooooooo!!! :D

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, Nat West Pi****G me off now!. rang on Friday re my claim and got a rude kid basically told me to S*d off and mind my own business.

Going to send my LBA in today, just need to know, do I send a copy of my claim with the 8% on the spreadsheet at this point to them? They have also sent me the stock reply about 8 weeks reply does this affeect the LBA?

Ignore the 8 week response letter, this is your claim so you determine the timnescales, continue with your LBA if the 14 days from the prelimunary letter have passsed. You don't include the 8% interest yet though, you can only claim this once you reach the court stage.

If my advice has helped please click my scales

Should you require any further help feel free to pm me.

Nat West 2nd Acc

Prelim letter sent 8th Feb '07

:) Full Settlement Offer 24th Feb '07:)

:pMONEY BACK IN ACC ON MARCH THE FIRST '07:p

Nat West 1st Acc

Filed at court 2nd of Feb '07

Acknowledged on 15th of Feb '07

:rolleyes: Defence submitted 1st March 2007 :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

Called Boringwood yesterday for an update of my case as it was the last day of my LBA.

I was told that I had been sent out an offer on Monday (still hasn't arrived)

of £3,12. on a claim of £3,309. I queried this regarding the shortfall, and was told I could call regarding the differential in the offer to another number.

Is there any chance they will change their offer? or will i have to do the court number on them.

Any advice would be great

ta

Hi mozzer

I'm afraid it's not possible to predict what NatWest will do. If you take them to court you will certainly get everything you have asked for (plus costs and interest). THere is a possibilty that they will increase their offer without that, but don't hold your breath. However, there is no harm in ringing them to ask.

Steven

Almost everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site

Hi Mozzer,

If I was you I'd stop wasting your breathe not to mention your phone bill. Natwest, and is true of all of the banks, will play with you until your head explodes!!!!

IMHO stick to your timetable and play them at their own game. If they are going to truely offer you your money back then you'll receive a letter advising you of such and if the payment is to be made via cheque then the letter will be in the recorded format. Otherwise it's simply a matter of patience, in this game it truely is a virtue.

I wish you all the best, just make sure you hit them where it hurts.......the big fat wallet:D

:DSUCCESSESS:D

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-successes/31683-muggins73-natwest.html

:)CURRENT CLAIMS:)

HALIFAX03

19-SEPT-07 APPLICATION TO HAVE STAY LIFTED

02-OCT-07 APPLICATION REFUSED

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA