kev v abbey

kev2b3
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6108 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well what a strange day its been today. Got home from work this morning, opened the front door and there on the floor 2 letters from abbey. Opened letter number 1 to find my credit card bill, opened letter number 2 to find the third letter from Mr Richard Harris, wanting 40 more days to investigate my account.Was i fuming or what.

Found out that Jules had a letter from the bank with a good will gesture of a crappy £280. I was quite happy about that although it was a small amount because for weeks now i have been watching a lot of people getting offers and good will gestures and i felt both jules and i were doing something wrong.

Anyway just arrived at work,checked out the CAG threads,read jules thread about getting the money in to her account today, I checked my account and MY GOD 9 x £30.00 miscellaneous fee refunds and 7 x £35.00 miscellaneous fee refunds. Isn life strange

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Kev

Well done on getting the GOGW, looks like you are not the odd one out. KnellyK has kindly checked over a letter I have put on my thread, so i will be sending that to them tomorrow (and the court), along with a revised schedule. I think we have to take off the most recent charges.

I think though that as you havent issued the N1 yet, look at rejection letter templates, as I think if they havent marked your letter FULL AND FINAL, you have to mitigate your losses and continue with negotiations and use template 4 (annoying I know but it shows the judge apparantly that you didnt rush into litigation.). You basically have to give them another 2 weeks to pay you the remainder before you can issue the N1.

Julie :)

Hi Kev,

Just subscribing to your thread,as you seem to be at the same stage as me.

Got home from work on Friday to a nice letter from Mr Harris,saying they need another 4 weeks.(I don't think so)

But not as lucky as you, no gogw as yet.

Barbs.

hi barbs

this was the third letter i have had from our mr harris asking for the extra 4 weeks,so it really didnt make sense when i checked mu account and found they had given me gogw.

Hi Kev,

Don't think they know what they are doing!:)

But I'll keep an eye on my account this week to see if they decide to give me anything back.(won't bank on it) excuse the pun.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Have put on my thread that i might send them another letter, just to kill time as i can't afford to submit at court until next week.

Will add a bit more weight at court that i was prepared to give them abit more time rather than waste the courts time.

Barbs.

If you've already filed your claim through the courts then any settlement from now on must include the 8% interest, the bank had their chance to settle your claim without this at both the Preliminary Letter stage and the LBA stage.

Trish - is this actually in any of the instructions on the site? As I did not know this and thought that if they offered you the full amount of the charges including just the court cost you had to accept it?

Thanks for your help

sorry to hijack thread

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

hi Jules

i sent it off this morning so i guess they should get the letter by thursday. i didnt get it checked over, it was a mixture of one of your letters and reject no. 4 so i guess it will be ok. i think the meaning of the letter was clear, thanks for the good will gesture, so unless you are going to give me the rest of my money in 14 days my n1 form will be handed over to the courts and i am coming after the rest.

i think this is where the fun begins Jules

Hi all

On Monday i received a letter from abbey offering me a £685 goodwill gesture.I wrote back to them accepting the goodwill gesture as part payment only , informing them that i will be handing over my N1 form to the courts on th 5th of july.

i know its a bit late but could anyone have a quick glance over the letter which i sent and tell me what they think of it .

many thanks

Dear Mr John Brettell

Thank you for your letter, which I received on the19th June 2007. I am sad to see that you feel that you cannot agree to refund all of my charges, but as a gesture of goodwill you have refund £685.00 into my account. On the 16th June 2007, I noted that the above account was credited with 16 miscellaneous fee refunds (9 x £30.00 and 7 X £35.00) totalling £685.00.

In order to avoid Litigation against you, I am prepared to accept the sum of £685.00 as part payment only and with the clear understanding that the remaining £3,271.00 is paid within the next 14 days.

I thought it only courteous to inform you that failure to comply with this request will result in legal action against you, which I intend to submit my claim for the return of penalty charges applied to my account, at The Bridgend County Court on the 5th July 2007

I have therefore enclosed a revised schedule of charges, which takes into account the £685.00 goodwill gesture.

I trust this clarifies my position.

Yours faithfully

Hi You,

Looks okay, knowing Abbey they will totally ignore it anyway. If they paid up at the LBA stage like a lot of the other banks, they wouldnt be so out of pocket. Their costs must be through the roof having to pay legal staff (what with overtime etc). No doubt t they will pass the loss onto us.

I will be moving banks as soon as they pay me back my dosh.

P.S did they mark it Without Prej?

Yep 15-0 to me (only time I am good at tennis is virtual tennis).

Julie x

hi Jules

no they didnt mark it with WP so more paperwork for my bundle. I was thinking off moving banks but i think they are all as bad as each other, but saying that i do have an account with the royal bank of scotland if needed.

Just cant wait to hand the N1 form over in 2 weeks then the fun begins.

I had a quick look at First direct, they dont charge anything for going up to £10 over, and then it only £10.00 for going up to £25.00 over then £25.00 for anything over and above. (Not that I expect to go overdrawn again, but you never know, only got to forget one Direct Debit or debit card transaction). I am sick of Abbey.

HI Just picked up on this thread. in short i held an AN account between 1992-1999 and had loads of charges and stuff onthe account, is it worth me trying to reclaim back any of these despite it being over the 6 year deadline?

i have seen in other peoples threads that there is some rule/law that enables you to go back further than the normal 6 year rule.

if any one can point me in the right direction, i have made other claims so i kinda know what i am doing to send an SAR/LBA - just need to find out how to go about it and phraze it correctly.

also i cant find any statements - how do i go about finding my account no?

Pete

HSBC BANK

** DECEMBER 2006 - RECEIVED CHEQUE FOR FULL AMOUNT!!!! ** £5967.00:)

LLOYDS TSB

**JANUARY 2007- RECEIVED CHEQUE FOR FULL AMOUNT!!!! ** £1340:)

HSBC BANK - Managed Loan/Interest

still chasing, have submiited claim thru MCOl - date sent to my local court - claim is going ahead Jan 29th 2008 :(

CURRENTLY CHASING

NATIONWIDE (WIFES ACCOUNT)

HSBC (managed loan)

others won:

CAPITAL ONE C/CARD (mine & wifes), :)

BOXCLEVER TV RENTAL, BHS STORECARD, BLACKHORSE FINANCE,HSBC PPI INSURANCE FOR SBL, PPI INSURNACE FO LLOYDS TSB LOAN,

HI ALL

after receiving a good will gesture from abbey last week it meant that i had to give them another 14 days before i could start court procedures. i just wanted to know does the 14 days start from the day i sent the letter or from the day they receive it.

ok you clever people out there, can you checkout my calculations so that i can finish off my N1 form.

penalty charges = £3,956.00

8% on penalties = £799.43 total = £4,755.43

minus £685.00 godd will gesture

new total = £4,070.43

daily interest at 8% = 71p

many thanks.

Hi there

Just a suggestion:

You should show the penalty charges as £3,271.00. ie the full amount less the GoGW - if you have deducted the £685.00 off the bottom of your spreadsheet, then you do not need to state it on the form.

Also I make the interest 72p - it comes out at 0.71962, so I would round it up - after all, every penny counts!!

Hope that helps

Jo xx

Six Nations Champions 2009

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

:cool::-D:cool:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have been looking over my notice of issue which i received from the courts on the 9th july. it states that abbey have until the 25th to reply. l was wondering when they reply on the 25th will it be the letter of defence