• Tweets

• I hope Lord Frost is OK. Islamists and the woke Left are uniting to topple the West ARCHIVE.PH archived 18 Apr 2024 19:12:37 UTC  
    • Ok you are in the clear. The PCN does not comply with the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule 4 for two reasons. The first is that in Section 9 [2][e]  says the PCN must "state that the creditor does not know both the name of the driver and a current address for service for the driver and invite the keeper— (i)to pay the unpaid parking charges ". It does not say that even though it continues correctly with blurb about the driver. The other fault is that there is no parking period mentioned. Their ANPR cameras do show your arrival and departure times but as that at the very least includes driving from the entrance to the parking space then later leaving the parking space and driving to the exit. It also doesn't allow for finding a parking spot: manoeuvering into it avoiding parking on the lines: possibly having to stop to allow pedestrians/other cars to pass in front of you; returning the trolley after finishing shopping; loading children disabled people in and out of the car, etc etc.  All of that could easily add five, ten or even 15 minutes to your time which the ANPR cameras cannot take into account. So even if it was only two hours free time you could  still have been within the  time since there is a MINIMUM of 15 minutes Grace period when you leave the car park. However as they cannot even manage to get their PCN to comply with the Act you as keeper cannot be pursued. Only the driver is now liable and they do not know who was driving as you have not appealed and perhaps unwittingly given away who was driving. So you do not owe them a penny. No need to appeal. Let them waste their money pursuing you . 
    • If Labour are elected I hope they go after everyone who made huge amounts of money out of this, by loading the company with debt. The sad thing is that some pension schemes, including the universities one, USS, will lose money along with customers.
    • What's the reason for not wanting a smart meter? Personally I'm saving a pile on a tariff only available with one. Today electricity is 17.17p/kWh. If the meter is truly past its certification date the supplier is obliged to replace it. If you refuse to allow this then eventually they'll get warrant and do so by force. Certified life varies between models and generations, some only 10 or 15 years, some older types as long as 40 years or maybe even more. Your meter should have its certified start date marked somewhere so if you doubt the supplier you can look up the certified life and cross check.
    • No I'm not. Even if I was then comments on this forum wouldn't constitute legal advice in the formal sense. Now you've engaged a lawyer directly can I just make couple of final suggestions? Firstly make sure he is fully aware of the facts. And don't mix and match by taking his advice on one aspect while ploughing your own furrow on others.  Let us know how you get on now you have a solicitor acting for you.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

kev v abbey

kev2b3
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6103 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know the full background of that case.

Provided you do your homework and follow our well-tried and tested route, then you shouldn't have any problems.

Rooster.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

i feel one win for the banks may make them more confident but it will be very short lived. i just hope the guy who lost appeals. i am now waiting for a reply from abbey within the next 8 days if nothing i will be sending my third letter warning them of court.

the fight must go on

i agree that people should take things more seriously, and be better prepared for courts. my only hope that there is help for people like me who are unsure about thing from the more experienced people on this site, who can help me and other be better prepared

Guest louis wu

Kev, all we ask is that you put some time and effort in for yourself, which I'm sure you have, and will continue to do so.

You will get all the help and support you need, after all, we have all been in your position and needed help at some stage.

Good luck

Louis

Kev, all we ask is that you put some time and effort in for yourself, which I'm sure you have, and will continue to do so.

You will get all the help and support you need, after all, we have all been in your position and needed help at some stage.

Good luck

Louis

many thanks louis, i am sure i will be calling on you for help over the next few weeks

np mate, I'm always here to help:)

just to let you know how far i have gone so far in getting my charges back.on the 9/5/07 i sent my second letter asking for my money back. i received the usual letter saying that they are very sorry bla bla bla and they need 4 weeks to sort it out bla bla bla. i am not going to give them the 4 weeks they want, on the 22nd my third letter will be sent threatening them with court action. so i need to start getting myself prepared, sort out the n1 form and start getting my head around the court bundle. this is where i will need your help / guidence.

Guest louis wu

The N1 is straightforward, and the template is foolproof.

The court bundle looks complicated, but its not really.

I wouldn't get too far ahead, but if you look at what the bundle comprises you'll see it isn't to bad.

Have a read of this it may help

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/60572-basic-court-bundles.html

Louis

Kev

Have now subscribed to your thread, so I can keep an eye on how you are doing.

At least Abbey have sent you a standard letter telling you it will take 4wks blah blah blah, I havent even had that privilege :rolleyes: ha ha ha.

Maybe they are on a cost cutting exercise, not sending letters out anymore, therefore saving money to enable them to pay people out. Hopefully they will "forget" to respond to my court summons as well and then they can lose on a default. (Wishfull thinking I know)

Well the 14 days are up and now i should be sending the next letter threatening them with court, the only query i have is, since i received a letter from abbey stating it will take them 4 weeks to look at my complaint would a judge think it unreasonable for me if i didnt give them the 4 weeks.I know its abbeys way of slowing things down but i dont want to give them any bullets to shoot me with later on.

so what do you lot think?

Guest louis wu

Kev,

When the 14 days is up, send the next letter.

You are spot on when you state that it's Abbeys way of slowing things down. They have had enough practice at this now to know what to do, how many more claims do they need to investigate to satisfy themselves that they can't win in court?

You are not being unreasonable, and are following the set guidelines laid down and they are very much tried and tested.

Good luck

Louis

Kev,

When the 14 days is up, send the next letter.

You are spot on when you state that it's Abbeys way of slowing things down. They have had enough practice at this now to know what to do, how many more claims do they need to investigate to satisfy themselves that they can't win in court?

You are not being unreasonable, and are following the set guidelines laid down and they are very much tried and tested.

Good luck

Louis

Many thanks once again Louis WU, just needed a gentle push to get a few doubt from my head.

letter sent.

Guest louis wu

Excellent, we all need a little moral support from time to time, that's what's so great about this site.

Always glad to help

Louis

after sending off my lba on the 23rd of may i have started to look over the N1 form. When i deliver this form to the courts do i make 3 copies of the charges that i sent abbey in febuary or do i update them due to a few charges coming out recently.

when filling out the defendants address do i use the local branch address or the main abbey branch

In answer to your questions

When i deliver this form to the courts do i make 3 copies of the charges that i sent abbey in febuary or do i update them due to a few charges coming out recently You can update your spreadsheet up to the time that you file your claim, but after then if you want to change the claim it'll cost you extra (£38 I think, non-returnable, so it's best to get it right before filing) I updated my spreadsheet between LBA and claim, I wrote to tell Abbey that I'd included the additional charges and included an updated spreadsheet.

Then you make 3 copies of the N1 and the spreadsheet!

when filling out the defendants address do i use the local branch address or the main abbey branch

Their main address at Triton Square.

Hope this helps!

Guest louis wu

Yes, just to add my little bit to Knellys post.

Update your spreadsheet to the date of the N1, and then leave that as your total claim. If you incur extra charges during this next period, ignore it until it comes to Abbey stteling your claim. At that point you can add it to your negotiations (along with your wasted costs), and if they refuse, then just begin another claim for any new charges (its a pain, but it better than amending your form-its a N244 by the way)

Louis

ps take 4 cpoies, and keep 1 for your file

hi jules

to be honest with you jules i have been thinking of sending a email to [email protected] before sending off my N1 and then send a letter 5 days after the N1 as been sorted. i have read many threads since posting to you yesterday and i think it would make sense to have a go, many people have and they have got what they wanted. Just need to check out in the templates if there is anything i can use.

i had exactly the same idea, I think I will tell them I have the N1 ready to go and that I will issue it, but I am willing to settle for my charges less £100.00 to avoid them and me any further costs and time.

Just had a thought Kev,

We will need to find out from someone if we do email this letter to inga agreeing to settle, whether or not we should mark the letter without prejudice or not.

if you find a suitable letter can you let me know, if not I will try and draft one up.

Hi Kev and Jules - as I understand it putting "Without Prejudice" on a letter prevents that letter being used as evidence in court. Therefore you could not put that letter in your bundle to show the Judge that you have in fact, been trying to reach a settlement with Abbey prior to the court date. Obviously, you would want to include such a letter in your bundle, so if I were you I would not mark it without prejudice. Funny thing is, when Abbey sent me a copy of their Defence in my case, they marked the letter accompanying it Without Prejudice - they have obviously realised that their Defence is not worth the paper it is written on, lol ;)

[FONT=System][COLOR=darkorchid]29.1.07 - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter sent to Abbey[/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=System][COLOR=darkorchid]17.2.07 - Preliminary letter sent to Abbey[/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=System][COLOR=#9932cc]5.3.07 - LBA sent to Abbey[/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=System][COLOR=#9932cc]28.3.07 - N1 filed at Worcester CC![/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=System][COLOR=#9932cc]1.7.07 - AQ filed at Worcester CC[/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=System][COLOR=#9932cc]6.9.07 - Court Date!!![/COLOR][/FONT]