settled - but status history 5

dc0u

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5244 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have recently settled an account with CL finance, yet they are still recording the status history on my credit report as 5. There are only 2 months records on my report from them, both 5 but the last also says settled. I have complained to them and they have said the report is correct and they will continue to update the account as 5 for the next 12 months - this can't be right?

The origional account was a Burtons Card with GE Capital - they passed the account to CL in December. I had already come to an arrangement with GE to pay back the outstanding amount at £21 per month, I had increased this to £100 per month even before they passed it to CL, yet they never updated their records to show this new arrangement even after numerous calls. I even paid the final balance of £400 in one installment to improve my credit record - this obviously didnt work!!

Does anyone know if this is right? Can they still say that the account is settled AND i am behind with repayments? They seem to think they can and I don't know where to go from here. I am also worried that they could just change this to a full default marker if I object too much (as I think the account may actually have been in default with GE). I need to get my credit report cleaned up as I need a mortgage soon.

My circumstances are totally different now to when I had debt worries yet it seems that this is never taken into consideration - you had problems then so you will have problems now - totally different in my case!

I am also currently working on 2 defaults - am sending the regular Surlybonds letter to one and I think I've got that one under control and the other can't produce a signed credit agreement so I'm going down that route with that one.

These all happened at the time when I was heaped with hundreds of pounds of bank charges over a period of a couple of months (which I am now claiming back) but, because I couldn't use my bank account at the time (because of the charges) all my other debts suffered. Pity you can't use the bank charges argument against the companies who didn't apply the charges!!

Any advice or assistance on these matters woulds be greatly appreciated.