Dan_L1982 vs HSBC

dan_l1982
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6106 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys,

I just received my statements from HSBC this morning so going to get the Preliminary letter off tomorrow morning. I just have a couple of questions first :).

Do I just send the Prelimary letter and the spreadsheet filled in with all my charges or do I have to send my statements back with all the charges highlighted? Also is it best to send my Preliminary letter to:

Colin Langdale,

Senior Service Quality Officer

Arlington Business Centre

Millshaw Park Lane

Leeds LS11 0PP

or

HSBC Bank PLC

8 Canada Square

London

E14 5HQ

Many thanks,

Dan :)

Hi Dan - Time for you got get you money back

send it to Colin Langdale, or as you will see in other threads lovingly referred to as Uncle Colin.

Oyster

If i've been helpful in any way....then tip my scales over there!

MCOL Filed 26th Feb 07

:-)

Defended 26th March 07:rolleyes:

PRT @ Cambridge 13th July 07:wink:

1st May Full Offer:grin:

Cheque arrived 16th May8)

Thanks for the replies and welcomes guys :)

Can I just check that it is ok for me to send the standard spreadsheet off without the interest column and I don't need to bother with the advanced one?

Many thanks,

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

Not had chance to post for a while. Well I sent the prelimary letter off and got the set reply of we are looking into it etc so after the 14 days i sent the lba and now the time is up on that too so time to put my claim in.

I'm currently on benefits so will I am hoping to get the court fee waived. I'll be going down to the court tomorrow so could I just confirm with you guys that I have to take to my local county court the 3 copies of the N1, 3 copies of my that I sent with the prelimary letter but this time with the 8% included and a copy of the ex160 form and some proof of my benefit?

Many thanks

Thanks for the reply :)

I noticed a lot of people send nudge letter to DG the solicitors for HSBC, should I be doing this once I have serverd the papers or is this at a later stage?

Many thanks

Ok brilliant, so that acknowlegement will be sent to my house a few days after I have been to the court and filed the claim? Then once I receive that I send the excel spreadsheet to DG or do they have to request it?

Thanks

they dont request it (although they do sometimes later on if one hasnt been sent)

Wait until you receive the Notice of Acknowledgement (not the Notice of Issue) from the court and then send a copy to the bank’s solicitors, since they are the ones who will now be dealing with your claim

DG's details will be on page 2 of the acknowl.

Dear Sir,

(Your Name) -v- (Bank)

Claim No: ********

Date Issued: xx/xx/xx

Please find enclosed a copy of my schedule of charges relating to the above claim.

(If, and only if, you are claiming overdraft interest on your penalties, also include this paragraph)

I understand you have a policy of initially rejecting claims for overdraft interest. However, should this be the case after you have reviewed my claim, you should be aware that my claim for overdraft interest has been meticulously calculated and double checked. It only ever relates to the cumulative charges within the overdrawn balance of the account at the point that the overdraft interest was debited

If it is that in your view the interest is not claimable, I am prepared to discuss this with yourseves and the judge in court.

Yours sincerely,

Hi there,

Got the confirmation through yesterday from the court of my claim and they have said that the papers are deemed as served on July 20th. Is there anyway to check if HSBC have acknowledged the claim? I actually went to the court so don't have an online account with MCOL?

Many thanks

Dan

Hello,

I have been in contact with my local court and they said all claims there are being stayed. I have also received an offer of £640 from HSBC, my claim was originally £800 and with the court claim interest it made it to £1200. I'm just after some more opinions on what people think I should do? I didn't pay the court fee because I'm on benefits.

Many thanks

Dan

Hi,

Does anyone have a direct phone number where I can speak to someone regarding the offer? I think I am going to accept it but the letter says that I have asked for charges from over 6 years ago which they havent included in the offer but from the date I sent my prelimary letter they were all within 6 years, its only cause HSBC have taken ages that some of them are now over 6 years. I tried ringing the main number but the helpdesk guy said because my account is closed they cant speak to me over the phone.

Cheers,

Dan

On the letters I received from the Service Quality Team in Leeds there is a phone number 08456 028006. This number dissapeared from their letters when I had an offer. You never know it may work.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D