Abbey claim £2000 costs in a.q. what a cheek

Frankey
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6139 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Michael Browne has replied to me saying that my schedule of charges for court is the crucial one. I have corrected schedule now because put a couple of wrong dates on it including the title stating it claimed up to December 2007 when I meant December 2006.

Will the original schedule - sent with preliminary letter and LBA which is not correct and new correct schedule cause problems? Should I send my corrected one to the bank stating that there is couple of amendments which will be used in my claim. The schedule doesn't go with the NI form at this stage anyway does it? Any advice - thanks F

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Will the original schedule - sent with preliminary letter and LBA which is not correct and new correct schedule cause problems?
No
Should I send my corrected one to the bank stating that there is couple of amendments which will be used in my claim.
Regardless of what you sent before (it could have been a laundry list) it's what you file with your claim that the bank will 'defend'

The schedule doesn't go with the NI form at this stage anyway does it?

It does if you are actually filing using N1 at your local court, but not if you are using MCOL, which is why you should file at your local court if possible.

See here:

Getting MCOL Right

:confused: I have prepared my claim form so I can type it up at work tomorrow as don't have printer at home and am stuck

in the value section you write charges, 8 percent interest, court fee and total. Then underneath it says ..plus interest pursuant to s.69 county courts act 1984 from date of issue to date of judgement settlement at £ x per day

I have times my charges 1,998 by 0.00022 which comes out at 0.43956 so I have called it 43 pence a day from date of issue to date of judgement. Have I got my sums right? Yours quite exhausted

Hi Fran,

Read this.....post number 8

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/75513-interest-charges.html

as always Lula understands the maths:)

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.

Hi Lula - thanks for replying to me - have written in another thread of yours but shall write again

is it a) charges 1998 + 8% interest 441.22 x 0.00022 = 54 pence per day

or

charges 1998 x 00022 pence per day = 43 pence per day ( this is how it appears on page 2 of CAG NI Particulars of Claim - Hard Copy Version - which why I am a bit worried)

sorry for being so thick but need to know before I start my computer claim form thanks Fran

Hi Charley - lara says its charges and 8 percent that you work out daily interest on - where are you up to with your claim now- any news yet - feeling v worried re possible court appearance now reality of claiming dawns. Fran

Hi Fran,

Have you done a spreadsheet for your charges?

It's just that reading your thread I get the feeling that you haven't. You are allowed to claim 8% interest on the debt from the date it became owing to you, so you need to use a spreadshhet to calculate it because some of these charges can be for 5 years ago and you can claim interest from that date. The figure on your N1 is the daily accumulation from the date you file your claim until it's settled.

My N1 is deemed served on 28th Feb and defence due by 28th March, so I expect something in the post from Abbey tomorrow (5 or 6 days before the last day they can file)

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.

lara says its charges and 8 percent that you work out daily interest on

No daily rate is just your charges x0.00022, otherwise you are charging 8% on 8%

I have times my charges 1,998 by 0.00022 which comes out at 0.43956

This is right, rounded up to £0.44p

Hi - thanks but have done spreadsheet and worked out 8 percent -

Answer to my query : it's the charges x 0000.22 to work out daily rate that I will also claim on N1 form - not charges plus 8 % x 0000.22. It is good you are slightly ahead - you sound like you know your stuff. Good luck

Hi

I never had a reply from my lba and filed my NI on Friday gone - waiting for post from court. Then this morning I have 280 quid paid into my abbey account - all refunds. My original claim was £1998 so it's peanuts but still amazed. What is going on? If it is a GOGW why is it such a piffling, random amount? What do I do next? Fran

If you have already filed your claim then you can just let the court know that youve had part payment. Did Abbey send you a letter or anything???. I wouldnt ammend your claim as its not your fault the figure is different now. You could write to Abbey and inform them of this and that if it was for your claim then you will accept as part payment and take them to the cleaners for the rest. Well in about 3 or 4 months after they stall and stall!!:)

Hi

I am in the same position im claiming for £2,000 in charges and they randomly put in £130 on Monday! After reading this it seems to be their way, no idea how they reached that amount though lol

I cant find the template on here to refuse the GOGW. How do you get into the template ive gone to FAQ and template forms, i must just being blonde but can anyone give me the link to it.

Laura

thanks sparkydawg

no, no letter or explanation but will write to bank and acknowledge in next stage of claim - it's just been an intermittant reward for me that has reinforced my impetus and drive to carry on til the bitter end. I want my money back - all of it Fran

sparkydawg vbmenu_register("postmenu_681817", true);

Basic Account Customer

reputation_pos.gif

icon1.gif Re: random payment of 280 quid from abbey

If you have already filed your claim then you can just let the court know that youve had part payment. Did Abbey send you a letter or anything???. I wouldnt ammend your claim as its not your fault the figure is different now. You could write to Abbey and inform them of this and that if it was for your claim then you will accept as part payment and take them to the cleaners for the rest. Well in about 3 or 4 months after they stall and stall!!

this is waht sparkydawg says and I am going to accept it if it is some payment of my charges and just deduct it from the amount I claim at my next stage in the process as I have filed a court claim FRan

can we not tell them we dont accept and ask them to take the payments back we will claim the full amount by court, the fact they have paid them at all is in my eyes an admission of guilt, why should we have to pay to alter claims because of their cockup

:madgrin:

Dont have to pay as it was them that paid it and not you that messed up. You can just infrom the court at your next stage that they have paid a certain amount into your account and this will be deducted from your claim when settled.

I have had a letter now referring to my preliminary letter saying the charges are correct and the 280 i found in my account last week was a GOGW. I started my court claim Friday 23rd and it was issued 26th so need help with following having read around: which is the best way forward?

1. I let court know I have had a part payment by ringing them.

2. I can either adjust claim at next stage which will be settlement ( doubt it) or AQ or deduct from my claim when settled.

3. I should write to Abbey with rejection letter

4. I should write to Abbey accepting as part payment for claim and raise awareness of where proceedings are now.

5. I should not write to Abbey

I think number 1 and 4 but not sure if I need to explicitly reject GOGW offer Help please! Fran