Stuart V. HSBC

Stuart_Wise
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6481 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

And so it begins!!!

I have just used the template to ask for a charges request and will be posting it first thing in the morning.

Now I have read all the success stories and must admit I am almost looking forward to the reply, although I am also a bit scepticle as I am just not that lucky.

But hey, if you don't try then you don't know.

Will keep you all updated and thanks for listening :)

Hi Stuart

Welcome to the site and well done on starting your claim.

I am also a bit scepticle as I am just not that lucky.

Its nothing to do with luck, it is your money. They will try to put you off and delay proceedings as much as possible. The important thing is to stick to YOUR timetable and dont let them make you waver from that (and believe me they will try, with promises of getting back to you within 6 weeks etc)

But you've made the first step, the rest will be a breeze:D

Natalie

If you find my post helpful please click on the scales at the top. Thank you

FAQ SECTION HERE

Halifax Bank Claim filed and settled

Halifax Credit Card settled

Argos Store Card settled

CCA requests sent to

Halifax Credit Card

LLoyds TSB Credit Card

Capital One

Moorcroft (Argos)

NDR

18/06/09

dont be swaid by the c**p they will send you, its all just to try and put you off, stick to your timetable and correct sequence and you'll be fine

HSBC- £4995, settled payment in full

if you found this post helpful, please click the scales (top right of post), ta ;)

if you're not sure what to do?, Read the FAQ's

Unsure about what to claim, or confused about overdraft interest? Charges explanation

Thanks for the really fast replies, it's great to know people are watching.

If all this on here is true, and I have no reason to believe otherwise then it should be a breeze, and I am a stubborn B*****d so they can try all they like to put me off it aon't gonna happen.

Just out of interest has anyone actually failed in doing this?

I wondered this too ,after being on here a couple of weeks, i cant see anyone failing as if they did in court, the banks could use this as presendence in future cases - and take it to court everytime. for this same reason, the banks wont go to court incase they lose.

people only fail if they give up. KEEP ON GOING

STICK TO YOUR TIMETABLE

:)HSBC Current - Prelim sent 2/6/06 £1060 Reciept confrimation 5/6/06

:mad:HSBC Credit - Statements requested 6/6/06 - I reckon around 500 notes.

;)NATWEST - Parachute account opened 4/6/06

Thats all I needed to hear :)

Cheque is in the envelope and is ready to be sent off.

Again this may be a stupid question but I like to know exactly what is going on, so did you all send these letters and requests to your local branch or the head office in London?

I wondered this too ,after being on here a couple of weeks, i cant see anyone failing as if they did in court, the banks could use this as presendence in future cases - and take it to court everytime. for this same reason, the banks wont go to court incase they lose.

people only fail if they give up. KEEP ON GOING

STICK TO YOUR TIMETABLE

precedents cant be set in the county courts, only the high court has the power to grant such a ruling

if you found this post helpful, please click the scales (top right of post), ta ;)

Unsure about what to claim, or confused about overdraft interest? Charges explanation

thanks for the correction. If you were to lose in the small claims court, could you appeal in the high court, and if u won would precedents be set then?

:)HSBC Current - Prelim sent 2/6/06 £1060 Reciept confrimation 5/6/06

:mad:HSBC Credit - Statements requested 6/6/06 - I reckon around 500 notes.

;)NATWEST - Parachute account opened 4/6/06

Whilst the circumstances of the action are not the same, there was a case that was lost against NatWest: Here

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I just read that,

That seems a bit unfair to me, but I guess that's the only way they are ever gonna win this thing.

Anyway the letter has been sent, just got 39 long more days to wait to see how much I am owed.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE!!!! :)

I have just had a reply to my letter to which I asked for information regarding transactions and charges, and to be honest I am a little confused. The reason for this is because they are being very good about it.

Here is a copy of the letter

---------------------------------

Dear Mr. Wise

Thank you for your letter dated 6 June with regard to

Information about transactions and charges on your account.

We will forward to you copies of statements covering this

period in question. These will begin to arrive in seperate

batches and will be with you shortly.

We are happy to waive any fees for the production of this

information and have returned your cheque.

Although many of our systems are automated, a "manual

intervention" by HSBC staff may be required in a variety of

situations including, account opening, dealing with

correspondence or telephone calls, when deposits or withdrawls

are made over the counter at our branches and from time to time

during account administration.

If you require more information, please let us know.

Your Sincerely

---------------------------------

Is this the normal response??

They didn't even take the money :confused:

And the other thing is that I got a letter sent to me the other day saying that the charges they made on my account the other day have been deemed unfair, and they have credited my account £30. Will this affect my claim?

Thanks all, any help greatly appreciated as always :-D

"And the other thing is that I got a letter sent to me the other day saying that the charges they made on my account the other day have been deemed unfair, and they have credited my account £30. Will this affect my claim?"

are you sure that is the exact wording in the letter?, because if it is we may have a powerfull weapon there

Stuart,

That is the EXACT same response I got, and I thought the same as you that they were being reasonable. But then, it's in there interest to be nice over it, and they are just trying to make you think that. Don't fall it - they didn't care when they charged you that actually you're a pretty fair customer, they just charged you.

Forget the fairness and just crack on with calculating your charges and get your preliminary letter sent - I've sent mine and they've got 5 days left to reply (until 22.06.2006). I have a thread in this forum too called "Claim Started." check that out anytime as I am at a similar stage to you. They have tried some interesting delaying techniques too!!

Let us know their reply to your prelim letter!! And good luck with the rest of your claim. ;)

Hope this helps!

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

un1boy v Equifax - Default removal

un1boy vs Experian - Default removal

Progress Report :)

I have got all my Statements back, that is one huge pile!!!

Anyway, I have totalled up the charges and it is just over £2000, which was a bit of a shock I can tell you, one charge alone was £125, for going £10 over my overdraft.

Right, next question - On my statements above the charges, there is also the interest they charged me. Now can I also claim back the interest?

The reason I am not sure on this is because I am also climing 8% interest on those charges, so claiming back the interest plus charging them interest might not be allowed, if anyone knows the answer to this please let me know as I want to send my letter to the bank as soon as possible.

Thanks all

p.s. Now the fun begins :grin:

When you go overdrawn the bank will charge you interest, perfectly lawfully.

However if part of your overdraft is made up of penalty fees, they are also charging you interest on these too and it is this interest which you are entitled to claim back and sometimes it's tricky to seperate out from the total interest figure.

Vampiress has a spreadsheet, which attempts to calculate this here:

http://www.bankactiongroup.co.uk/TEMPLATE.xls

It's quite complex and unless your claim is large often doesn't amount to that much, so for simplicity's sake, some people don't bother

As for the 8%, this is not claimed until you file a claim at court, so leave it out of your letter.

Thanks mate, that makes a lot of sense :)

I found the spreadsheet and have strted to fill it in, but had to go to work.

Will have it finished tomorrow, so I will be able to give you all the exact figure I am going to claim back.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

It has been 14 days since my first letter requesting my money back and surprise surprise no reply.

So here we go again, I have just finished filling in the details on the 'LETTER BEFORE ACTION' Template. This is it people the last letter I have to write to the bank before it gets serious.

As always I will keep you all posted

p.s. the exact figure owed to me is £2403.78 :)

ok stuart, keep us informed, you're at the sharp end now, no need to be nervous though :)

UPDATE!!!

2 days after I sent the 'LETTER BEFORE ACTION' letter, I got a reply from HSBC offering me partial payment

A couple of quotes from the letter :-

Thnk you for your letter dated 26th June 2006 requesting a refund of your bank charges of

£2403.78 back for six years.

BLAH BLAH * random denial if it being there fault * BLAH BLAH

HSBC is however, mindful of the management time and irrecoverable legal costs that it may

incur in relation to such a claim. For those commercial reasons alone, and without any

admission of liability whatsoever, HSBC is prepared to make a payment to you in the sum of

£1970.00 representing the charges applied in full and final settlement of this matter.

If you accept this proposal please sign and return the enclosed copy of this letter to us within 10

working days and we will arrange for a refund to be made to you. Please allow 7 working days

for your account to be credited from receipt by ourselves. If we do not receive your signed

acceptance within the timescale, we will take it that you have declined our offer.

-----------------------------

So here is the thing, £1970 is a lot of money to me, and I would hate to risk it if I wasn't sure that I would get the full amount next time.

I read somewhere to refuse it as next time it will be a full refund, but is this accurate?

Thanks as always

Stuart

So here is the thing, £1970 is a lot of money to me, and I would hate to risk it if I wasn't sure that I would get the full amount next time.

I read somewhere to refuse it as next time it will be a full refund, but is this accurate?

It's up to you whether you accept, as only you know your circumstances.

I personally would want it all.

If you refuse or accept as partial payment, they will probably withdarw the offer and you will have to file at court, but they will pay out eventually.