Offer Letter From Hsbc

spenttoomuchagain
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6190 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I Have Issued Court Papers To Hsbc To Reclaim A Total Of £1041.00 In Unlawful Charges. Since The Court Papers Were Issued I Have Recieved A Letter From Hsbc Offering Me £1161.90 In Full And Final Settlement. They Have Said They Have Included All Charges Up To And Including 8th May 2007 And Includes Accrued Charges Totalling £50. However I Have Checked My Account And There Is A Total Of £200 In Charges When I First Sent A Request For The Refund Jan 07 And 8th May 07. There Is Now Also £120 Court Fee On Top Of This.

What Should I Do Now, Should I Write Back Asking For £1041 Plus £200 Additional Charges Plus £120 Court Fee Totaling £1361, Or Should I Count My Blessings And Grab The £1161.90.

I Would Be Grateful For Any Advice On This

Many Thanks

Carole

I would write back accepting the £1,161.90 as a part-settlement of your claim. I would then go on to state the additional charges you are seeking to recover (£200 plus £120) and inform HSBC/DG that once you have received these extra sums as cleared funds you will inform the court that your claim has been settled satisfactorily.

Good luck.

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I take it you have filed a court claim? If so, have you added the interest and court charges? Has your claim been acknowledged? What is the total of your claim with interest and court charges?

Just need to know exactly what you have done so far to be able to advise futher!:)

Hi Freakyleaky,

Yes I Have Filed A Court Claim, I Have Not Added Interest To The Charges.

The Claim Had Been Acknowledged By Hsbc Who Say They Are Defending The Whole Claim.

The Total Cost I Am Claiming Including Court Fees Is £116. There Is No Interest Included In This Amount.

There Have Been Additional Charges Made To My Account Since The Court Forms Were Filed, In The Offer Letter They Say They Are Including These In The Settlement Figure, Although The Figure They Are Offering Is £1161.90 (not Sure Where This Figure Comes From) Which Includes Charges Applied Up To And Including 8 May 07 And Includes Accrued Charges Totalling £50.

As I Said Before £200 Of Charges Have Been Added To My Account Since The Court Claim Was Filed,

I Hope This Puts You In The Picture Of Were I Am With The Claim

Look Forward To Hearing From You

Regards

Carole

Hi stmm, I am having real trouble staying connected to this site and I have to go now as flying to greece in the morning and need to pack. I am sure someone else will jump in and help you out very soon.

Just keep posting your questions until they do.:)