Response to Natwest demand for chequebook/cards.

karen jenkins
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6162 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone, I'm preparing to send LBA and have received letter from Birmingham Collections Centre stating my account is seriously out of control, threatening default action and saying if I don't forward my cheque book and debit card immediately the collectors will be round and I'll be charged another £120 for the privilege! Natwest have another couple of days before Prelim. deadline is up, so I'm in two minds wether I should send them a letter now reminding them that they have been served Prelim. letter, or wait a couple of days and send LBA.I have done some more reading up, it seems I can add on the charges on my account since I sent Prelim.,I wonder though where I stand with the cheque book/card? I am happy to surrender them, after all I won't be using them anymore as I am using a pararchute account, but does that admit liability for the whole outstanding amount? How would I word a response to their threat of default action in the lba? Also, can anyone tell me what I can expect to happen if they are chasing me to pay up whilst claim is ongoing and I've stopped using the account?Any help would be wonderful. Thanks.

Send them this letter it will tell them where you are coming from.Good luck.

ACCOUNT NUMBER: XXXXXXX

Dear Sirs

Re: Account in dispute

I am writing to clarify that I am currently in the process of requesting a refund of bank charges unlawfully made to my account.

I note from your latest correspondence that you are proposing to issue me with a Default Notice on this account - I need to make you fully aware that I am disputing the sum owed and, as such, you must refrain from any further action until this dispute is fully resolved.

If you do not stop this default action and proceed by making any adverse comments on my credit reference files, I shall be forced to take legal action against you under the Data Protection Act 1998.

Yours sincerely,

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

Go for it karen............. it's your cash - your dispute - time to take control of the bug*ers!!!!!!!! We're all behind you on here - so go get your cash back!!!!!!! Best wishes, hedgey xxx :p

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.