• Tweets

• Thanks very much Bank. I have topped and tailed my LOC and printed off a copy which I shall post tomorrow by First Class post at my local post office and also obtain a proof of postage. I'll also email them a copy. I've opened a MoneyClaim account, and shall now begin work on my draft Particulars of Claim which I shall post here for your thoughts. And I shan't be using the Moderation service.
    • Yes, it struck me this morning that I'd got it wrong    - no involvement of UKPPO in any previous Tesco thread    - there would have been an entrance sign to a Tesco car park    - CCTV isn't something associated with Tesco car parks. Presumably whoever runs the car park has put CCTV at the electric, and probably BB, areas, done absolutely nothing to stop abuse, and then rubs their hands in glee every time the CCTV catches a motorist out. You can pay £60 and this will go away. Or you can defy UKPPO and rely on their non-respect of POFA, consideration period, etc., should they be daft enough to do court later down the line.  We would support you all the way.
    • thats not the way to do it sorry. sorry so what is your problem? that vanquis paid the £560 or that they are now chasing it? how old is this debt? dx  
    • If you visited Qatar you could be detained at the border, if the debt has been notified.  If you are only in transit and do not seek to cross border into Qatar you might be ok, but you may want to seek formal advice about this.
    • Howdy, I had a short lived credit card with Vanquis that I did not need. I paid it off in full and called them and closed it with the person at the other end. 2 months later they started sending me messages about late payments, I called them and to find out that the card had not been closed in error and 6 weeks after it should have been closed they paid a google debit of £560. I hit the roof and made a formal complaint that took them well over a month to respond to. They agreed they were at fault, refunded all late payments fees and offered me £100 in compensation. However they said the debit amount stood as 'I had benefit from it' and I should get a refund from google. I hit the roof again but they have stuck to their guns. The debit from google is a genuine one but I wanted to dispute it with google so closed the card so they would have to engage with me. But surely that's neither here nor there surely? What is the next step? Ombudsman takes forever doesn't it?  thanks in advance
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
        • Thanks
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Ford

kevrapley
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5990 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I took my Ford Fiesta into Ford for a 70,000 mile service on the 22/03/2006 which also involved a repair to the thermostat which had developed a leak just days before. The car had been in my possession at the time for around 9 months and had done 10,000 miles since I had bought it so needed an oil change and the service.

I thought I would take it into Ford for the good of the car and the service history. I was charged in total £414.14

It is now 06/06/2006, and the car has developed a problem, it is misfiring which means it has fuel deprevation at high revs which causes the car to judder when the acelerator is compressed.

I have taken it into a local garage this morning and they have informed me that the spark plugs are not in good shape, one in particular is completely rusted and has been for some time. Coils may also need to be replaced but a full investigation will take place tomorrow as well as a repair. The job at most will cost in the region of £200.

Now I am no car expert, but I would've thought that Ford during a 70,000 mile service of the vehicle might have come across the fact that the spark plugs were looking poorly. I am going to proceed with the repair at the local garage and bring the mechanics report to Ford and ask for my money back for poor workmanship during my 70,000 mile service.

What rights do I have as a consumer and what can I legally claim for in this instance? Can I claim back the costs involved at Ford and the current repair costs? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

HSBC:

17/06/2006 Settled on offer of £785.00

Cahoot:

25/05/2006 DPA sent. 40 Days to comply.

06/07/2006 Deadline for DPA.

First you should check with the spec of the 70,000 mls service for that model.

ie. If the plugs should be changed, cleaned or even checked. Also check the bill which should state the parts you have paid for.

PUTTING IT IN WRITING & KEEPING COPIES IS A MUST FOR SUCCESS

Wish i had caught this thread earlier, there is a government MOT testing station and the link is on the front page of the website, you could of taken it there, sometimes a garage will not go against another garage if you need proof.

This way it would be a full witness situation, and pictures just click away you can never have enough evidence to make a file on later.

As long as there is evidence that the long term damage is there and it comes under a service, a service with out sparks is like a dog with out a tail. If you buy a service pack your self they always come with it no matter what year, But as DW advised check that the main dealers being what they are have not put a clause in to say its a service of brakes and saftey more than car and engine.

hope you are sfae on the road again today

BL

Thanks for that breadline, well after reading a few other posts in this section I routed through the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 and got some tips on what to ask the current service garage and got onto them this morning before the repair took place. They have given me the old parts back so I can see the damage and I have written a letter to Ford which I will send tomorrow.

HSBC:

Cahoot:

cool well done, go kick arse.:)

prob is are they your parts????????????

some one put a good hint on here, when they tell you you need a part removed ask to be shown teh part, tell tehm you need to talk to your other halve, then go home and mark it with nail polish.

Let us know how you get on.

BL

Without knowing the age, the major service on most modern Fords is 30k miles, at which point you would change the plugs. The standard fit plugs are Titanium, so they don't need to be replaced every 12-months/10,000 miles like what the old ones used to be.

I guess that would be the dealers "get-out-of-jail-free" card, they could have assumed the plugs were changed at the 60,000 mile interim and wouldn't need changing. Bit crap though, if they were really rusty, a visual check would have shown the problem. The problem is, you often get nippers and/or apprentices doing minor oil change services and sadly it comes down to their supervision being good enough.

(Funny how when it's a below minimum wage apprentice doing the work, the hourly rate is the same as a fully qualified tech....)

Anyway, as somebody said above - your invoice should state the parts replaced. If it doesn't say spark plugs, then I'm not sure where you would go from there.

A&L: Settled - £6,200

HFC: Settled - £800

Shell Visa: Settled - £250

Egg: Settled - £700

Mint: Settled - £1200

RBS: Settled - £850

The opionions in this post are guaranteed to conform to the laws of physics, but pretty much nothing else...

Well thanks for the advice, I particularly like the one about marking parts with nail polish! However it is too late for that now. I have written a letter to them and posted it recorded delivery today asking for the money back due to poor workmanship. I doctored a request for repayment of charges letter from the bank library replacing parts like

I would draw your attention to the terms of the contract, which you agreed to at the time that I opened my account. It is an implied term of that contract that you would conduct yourselves lawfully and in a manner, which complies with UK law.

with...

I would draw your attention to the terms of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982. It is an implied term of the contract that you would conduct yourselves ‘With reasonable care and skill (the standard of skill of an average garage)’ and any goods fitted during the work are covered by the Sale of Goods Act as well, which says they must be ‘of satisfactory quality’.

It will be interesting to see what there comeback will be.

HSBC:

Cahoot:

According to the Ford ETIS page on a 62500/5year service the plugs aren't due to be changed.

To find out the exact service items for your variant/year look here

The advice I give in relation to benefits should be viewed as general advice and not specific to your individual claim circumstances. I cannot give specific advice on your claim as I cannot access the claim.

If you find the advice useful please click on my scales.

And at 75,000 miles it says to replace. The invoice claims to be a 70,000 mile service, and I believe the vehicle was slightly over this so much closer to 75,000 than 62,500. The point is the spark plugs were visibly in a poor condition and nothing was done about it.

Thanks for this area on the Ford website, very useful.

HSBC:

Cahoot:

I received a reply from Ford today, I haven't seen the letter myself but my other half gave me the gist. Basically they are saying that they check plugs at 60,000 and 90,000 but not at 70,000 and take no responsibility for the fact that the spark plugs and coils were damaged.

This goes against what they state on their website posted by installspark previously so I will be following up with a further letter detailing these. The letter will be a "Letter Before Action" and give them a further 14 days to reflect.

As I have said previously I have the old parts so I will include photos of these too.

I will post the letter from Ford on here later...

HSBC:

Cahoot:

• 1 year later...

Hi there a little bit late on this one but Ive had the smae problem on my 25k service. Wrote to FORD and got the same excuse however my service manual clearly states that this is an area the requires regular maintainance.

Did you get a satisfactory response from Ford if not did you refer it to anyone?

• 3 months later...
Hi there a little bit late on this one but Ive had the smae problem on my 25k service. Wrote to FORD and got the same excuse however my service manual clearly states that this is an area the requires regular maintainance.

Did you get a satisfactory response from Ford if not did you refer it to anyone?

my sons ford fiesta 53 dashboard has packed up cant use car as no speed no petrol ect going to cost £311 pounds.ford garage has rung round to see if any ford garages have one but my son said there is back log and got to get it from germany im wondering if anybody got same fault i have heard 3 people so far can anybody advice.