M Jones Vs Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1874 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

i recieved a letter today offering me £99 as a settlement for the complaint i made which was in the region of £600. When i requested statements they only sent me statements going back to 2004 i am pretty sure i would of had charges before this date. So in my letter i explained i only recieved statements goin back till may 2004. In his reply he said he was unable to locate any charges prior to 18th june 2004 does this mean i wanst charged or they dont have any of my records prior 2004 as like i said the statements olny dated back to 2004. He also included a list of my charges, after reading on this forum about people requesting for a list of charges which included manual intervention i was expecting to see it but all it looks like is that he has opened notepad and wrote the charges himself is this correct? What would your advice be on the £99 they have offered accept and explain to proceed in court for the rest or refuse and procced to court?

Thanks

Mark

Did you make a DPA request as per the step-by-step guide?

i requested my statements for the past 6 years at my local branch, i was following the steps on the moneysavingexperts website which is where i came across this forum and noticed people mentioning these DPA request the last paragraph of the letter i recieved today was:

"Turning to your request for an exhaustive list of charges. Whilst i acknowledge it is your legal right to apply formally under the data protection act for all the records we hold on you, your request is very specific. There is normally a £10 charge for a formal request, however in the interest of customer service i have provided a list of your bank charges for the last six years, free of charge. I would advise you i am unable to trace any charges prior to 18th June 2004."

i requested my statements for the past 6 years at my local branch, i was following the steps on the moneysavingexperts website which is where i came across this forum and noticed people mentioning these DPA request the last paragraph of the letter i recieved today was:

"Turning to your request for an exhaustive list of charges. Whilst i acknowledge it is your legal right to apply formally under the data protection act for all the records we hold on you, your request is very specific. There is normally a £10 charge for a formal request, however in the interest of customer service i have provided a list of your bank charges for the last six years, free of charge. I would advise you i am unable to trace any charges prior to 18th June 2004."

I would ask them to provide statements instead of just the list of charges, you can check yourself then if there are any going back further.

I got the list of charges and rang and told them I didn't understand all the abbreviations and requested my statements, there were delivered within a couple of days.

Guest Lueeze

Dont take their word that there were no charges...

Some people have found charges on old statements even though the bank have advised to the contrary!

Good Luck!

Lou x

Guest Lueeze

Your not going to accept that are you?

I would send a letter refusing that advisig you are to claim all the charges owed and also you need proof that there have been no charges since XXX date, in the way of statements under the DPA as you requested previously!

BANKS!:rolleyes:

Your not going to accept that are you?

I would send a letter refusing that advisig you are to claim all the charges owed and also you need proof that there have been no charges since XXX date, in the way of statements under the DPA as you requested previously!

BANKS!:rolleyes:

no im not goin to accept it but i know a few people on the site have accepted there first offer and advised the bank they will be pursuing the rest in court, should i do this or just not acccept it.

Mark

Best advice seems to be to accept on the basis you will persue the remainder. I would do this if it were me.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Alternatively, you can write to them saying that you will accept their offer as part payment and unless they pay the balance within your set timescales, you will pursue them though the courts for the balance.

Take your pick :D

• 3 weeks later...

Hi people, sent second letter to halifax refusing thier offer sent this letter recorded delivery deadline was last friday and have recieved no reply from them. Any sugestions where to go from hear appriciated, how much does it cost to start court proceedings.

Cheers

hi, if you have heard nothing and still wish to claim the full amount, it is best to push ahead if you have given them enough time to reply.

not sure which letters you have already sent to them.... but i should now send the next appropriate document from the library section of the site.

good luck :)

For what? Who against?

You post in "general" and give no details, how are we supposed to know what you're on about?

Please post in your -hopefully- existing thread and post any updates there.

I think i have made a bit of a mistake, when filling out the infomation on the money claim site i have just realised i forgot to include the Hallifax reference number for any correspondence. Do they need this info or can they look my account up using my address? Can i change this? Also i noticed the court is in Northampton and im in Blackpool can i claim travel expenses?

Thanks

Mark

Not sure about the reference no, but if you filed the claim tonight you may be able to amend it by ringing the court before 9am in the morning. All claims are initially issued from Northampton. As the defendant is a bank and providing that they submit a defence then it will be transferred to your home court, but I wouldn't worry too much as it is unlikely that they will turn up any way.

• 2 weeks later...

Recieved ackowledgement of claim today. When should i roughly expect another letter?

MOD note: Threads merged - you had SIX threads running which were all regarding the same claim. Please stick to one thread, if you start a new one it will be closed.

...should i put the defendant down as the halifax customer services address?

HBOS PLC

Legal Services - Retail Division

Trinity Road

Halifax

West Yorkshire

HX1 2RG

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1874 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks