• Tweets

• Why don't you actually READ the sellers advert before talking tosh. The seller's advert offers an optional  12 months breakdown warranty cover,  warranties generally do not cover anything related to wear and tear and especially everything on an old banger will be excluded.  OP should have studied the terms of any such warranty before purchasing it, if he did purchase it.     Also, the sellers advert at NO point states the car has NO faults. READ the sellers advert before jumping to huge conclusions. 
    • The BBC isn't a private company and it's this kind of misinformation that encourages people to avoid the license fee.
    • How did you purchase the goods? (instore or online)   How did you pay for the goods? (cash or card and which card method if paid by card i.e. debt card etc.)        
    • Thanks for the reply which makes the case more simple.   As the young gym member was under 18 when she joined, she was a minor and the gym or their admin Co. cannot enforce any contract or agreement with her.   She can reply to any demand from the gym saying :-   " I was a minor at the time of signing the membership and cannot be held to any contract terms associated with such a membership agreement. Accordingly no further demands should be made and this should be the end of the matter. Yours faithfully, YD"   Send this to the gym's address by letter and get a free Cert of Posting at the PO Counter.   Keep us posted please
  • Our picks

• Future Comms is a Big Con. How to get out of it. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/417058-future-comms-is-a-big-con-how-to-get-out-of-it/
      • 4 replies
    • Future Comms issues. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/416504-future-comms-issues/
      • 5 replies
    • This is a bit of a lengthy one but I’ll summerise best as possible.

THIS IS HOW THE PHONECALL WENT 

I was contacted by future comms by phone, they stated that they could beat any phone contract I have , (I am a limited company but just myself that needs a business phone and I am the only worker) 
      I told future comms my deal, £110 per month with a phone and a virtual landline, they confirmed that they could beat that, £90 per month with a phone , virtual landline  they also confirmed they would pay Vodafone (previous provider) the termination fee. As I am in business, naturally I was open to making a deal. So we proceeded. 
      Future comms then revealed that the contract would be with PLAN.COM and the airtime would be provided by 02, I instantly told them that this would break the deal as I have poor 02 signal in the house where I live as my partner is on 02 and constantly complaining about bad signal
      the salesman assured me he would send a signal booster box out with the phone so I would have perfect signal.
      so far so good.....
      i then explained this is the only mobile phone I use for business and pleasure, so therefore I didn’t want any disconnection time in the slightest between the switchover from Vodafone to 02
      the salesman then confirmed that the existing phone would only be disconnected once the new phone was switched on.
      so far so good....
      • 14 replies
    • A shocking story of domestic and economic abuse compounded by @BarclaysUKHelp ‏ bank complicity – coming soon @A_Gentle_Woman. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/415737-a-shocking-story-of-domestic-and-economic-abuse-compounded-by-barclaysukhelp-%E2%80%8F-bank-complicity-%E2%80%93-coming-soon-a_gentle_woman/
      • 0 replies

Hi all,

i recieved a letter today offering me £99 as a settlement for the complaint i made which was in the region of £600. When i requested statements they only sent me statements going back to 2004 i am pretty sure i would of had charges before this date. So in my letter i explained i only recieved statements goin back till may 2004. In his reply he said he was unable to locate any charges prior to 18th june 2004 does this mean i wanst charged or they dont have any of my records prior 2004 as like i said the statements olny dated back to 2004. He also included a list of my charges, after reading on this forum about people requesting for a list of charges which included manual intervention i was expecting to see it but all it looks like is that he has opened notepad and wrote the charges himself is this correct? What would your advice be on the £99 they have offered accept and explain to proceed in court for the rest or refuse and procced to court?

Thanks

Mark

Did you make a DPA request as per the step-by-step guide?

Alan, Derby, UK.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Sorry, but I cannot deal with your case by PM - please ask questions in your own thread. If you do not get a reply within 48 hours send a PM, with a link to the relevant thread, to any Site Team Member.

DO NOT SEND QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR CLAIM TO ADMIN, or our WEBMASTER - YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE A REPLY.

Advice given is purely my opinion, and is not based on any legal training.

Did you make a DPA request as per the step-by-step guide?

i requested my statements for the past 6 years at my local branch, i was following the steps on the moneysavingexperts website which is where i came across this forum and noticed people mentioning these DPA request the last paragraph of the letter i recieved today was:

"Turning to your request for an exhaustive list of charges. Whilst i acknowledge it is your legal right to apply formally under the data protection act for all the records we hold on you, your request is very specific. There is normally a £10 charge for a formal request, however in the interest of customer service i have provided a list of your bank charges for the last six years, free of charge. I would advise you i am unable to trace any charges prior to 18th June 2004."

i requested my statements for the past 6 years at my local branch, i was following the steps on the moneysavingexperts website which is where i came across this forum and noticed people mentioning these DPA request the last paragraph of the letter i recieved today was:

"Turning to your request for an exhaustive list of charges. Whilst i acknowledge it is your legal right to apply formally under the data protection act for all the records we hold on you, your request is very specific. There is normally a £10 charge for a formal request, however in the interest of customer service i have provided a list of your bank charges for the last six years, free of charge. I would advise you i am unable to trace any charges prior to 18th June 2004."

I would ask them to provide statements instead of just the list of charges, you can check yourself then if there are any going back further.

I got the list of charges and rang and told them I didn't understand all the abbreviations and requested my statements, there were delivered within a couple of days.

Guest Lueeze

Dont take their word that there were no charges...

Some people have found charges on old statements even though the bank have advised to the contrary!

Good Luck!

Lou x

Thanks for your replies, so should i leave my response to thier letter offering me £99 until i recieve all my statements and calculate my charges agin.

Mark

Guest Lueeze

Your not going to accept that are you?

I would send a letter refusing that advisig you are to claim all the charges owed and also you need proof that there have been no charges since XXX date, in the way of statements under the DPA as you requested previously!

BANKS!:rolleyes:

Your not going to accept that are you?

I would send a letter refusing that advisig you are to claim all the charges owed and also you need proof that there have been no charges since XXX date, in the way of statements under the DPA as you requested previously!

BANKS!:rolleyes:

no im not goin to accept it but i know a few people on the site have accepted there first offer and advised the bank they will be pursuing the rest in court, should i do this or just not acccept it.

Mark

Best advice seems to be to accept on the basis you will persue the remainder. I would do this if it were me.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Hi all,

Had a look through the forum but i cant find a template for refusing thier initial offer, if any one could point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Mark

There isn't one - just keep it short and to the point. You don't accept what they have offerred - your claim was for £xxx, and you will not accept anything less than that figure.

Alan, Derby, UK.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Sorry, but I cannot deal with your case by PM - please ask questions in your own thread. If you do not get a reply within 48 hours send a PM, with a link to the relevant thread, to any Site Team Member.

DO NOT SEND QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR CLAIM TO ADMIN, or our WEBMASTER - YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE A REPLY.

Advice given is purely my opinion, and is not based on any legal training.

Alternatively, you can write to them saying that you will accept their offer as part payment and unless they pay the balance within your set timescales, you will pursue them though the courts for the balance.

Take your pick :D

Hi people, sent second letter to halifax refusing thier offer sent this letter recorded delivery deadline was last friday and have recieved no reply from them. Any sugestions where to go from hear appriciated, how much does it cost to start court proceedings.

Cheers

hi, if you have heard nothing and still wish to claim the full amount, it is best to push ahead if you have given them enough time to reply.

not sure which letters you have already sent to them.... but i should now send the next appropriate document from the library section of the site.

good luck :)

[SIZE=1][COLOR=blue]Data Protection Act Letter Sent 11th May 2006[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=1][COLOR=blue]Statements Received 30th May 2006[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=1][COLOR=blue]Preliminary Letter Sent 5th June 2006 - Offer of £25 Made by Halifax - REJECTED![/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=1][COLOR=blue]LBA Sent 16th June 2006 - No Response Received[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=1][COLOR=blue]Money claim submitted 6th July 2006[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=1][COLOR=#0000ff]Claim served 12th July 2006, Acknowledged by Halifax[/COLOR][/SIZE]

one more thing before i start filling it out do i need to give all dates of the bank charges as im in work at the minute so do not have them to hand.

Thanks Again

Mark

Just sent claim through the website. Get a bit worrying at this stage.

For what? Who against?

You post in "general" and give no details, how are we supposed to know what you're on about?

Please post in your -hopefully- existing thread and post any updates there.

I think i have made a bit of a mistake, when filling out the infomation on the money claim site i have just realised i forgot to include the Hallifax reference number for any correspondence. Do they need this info or can they look my account up using my address? Can i change this? Also i noticed the court is in Northampton and im in Blackpool can i claim travel expenses?

Thanks

Mark

Not sure about the reference no, but if you filed the claim tonight you may be able to amend it by ringing the court before 9am in the morning. All claims are initially issued from Northampton. As the defendant is a bank and providing that they submit a defence then it will be transferred to your home court, but I wouldn't worry too much as it is unlikely that they will turn up any way.

Thanks, i phoned the court and the only way to ammed it is to cancel the current claim and to start a new one which i have done. When filing the claim should i put the defendant down as the halifax customer services address?

Thanks

Mark

Thread moved to BAG

Recieved ackowledgement of claim today. When should i roughly expect another letter?

MOD note: Threads merged - you had SIX threads running which were all regarding the same claim. Please stick to one thread, if you start a new one it will be closed.

MOD note: Threads merged - you had SIX threads running which were all regarding the same claim. Please stick to one thread, if you start a new one it will be closed.

sorry :(

...should i put the defendant down as the halifax customer services address?

HBOS PLC

Legal Services - Retail Division

Trinity Road

Halifax

West Yorkshire

HX1 2RG

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.