Jump to content


help please- re court


kaka142003
 Share

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5186 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

 

Please click the "Report " link

 

at the bottom of one of the posts.

 

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

 

Thanks

Recommended Posts

Hi,

I have started court proceedings against lloyds. However a few days after I did, lloyds sent me a letter offering partial payment as full and final settlement. Im obviously not going to accept this but am stuck as to what to write in the letter. They said in the letter that the money will be in my account in 10 day so in the letter I dont want I dont accept the money thats in my account as its not yet there, I also do not want to give them permission to take the money out as its not there!! Should I accept as partial payment or just say no to it all. If I do accept it as a partial payment will this confuse things for court??

 

Thank you

Link to post
Share on other sites

Simple - I do not accept your offer, see you in court. Follow it through and get the full amount.

 

If they do put money in your account do not spend it. My guess is that at the court doors you will be offered the balance in full and final, then you get to spend all of it.

 

Good luck.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well worth sticking out for then..................:p

You may receive different advice to your query as people have different experiences and opinions. Please use your own judgement in deciding whose advice to take.

 

If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional. Any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability.

 

If you think I have been helpful PLEASE click the scales

 

court bundles for dummies

Link to post
Share on other sites

and your answer is........................?:D

You may receive different advice to your query as people have different experiences and opinions. Please use your own judgement in deciding whose advice to take.

 

If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional. Any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability.

 

If you think I have been helpful PLEASE click the scales

 

court bundles for dummies

Link to post
Share on other sites

hi,

in the letter should I just say no to the offer or say I accept as a partial payment?

 

 

Personally speaking, i would say you except it as part payment and then continue with you claim

 

;)

 

XxXxX

 

 

If I have been helpful, PLEASE click the scales

 

 

 

You may receive differing advice as people have had different experiences. Please use your own judgement in deciding whose advice to take. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional. Any advice I offer is done so informally, without prejudice & without liability.

If I have been helpful, PLEASE click the scales

 

 

You may receive differing advice as people have had different experiences. Please use your own judgement in deciding whose advice to take. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional. Any advice I offer is done so informally, without prejudice & without liability.

 

 

I WON !!!!

 

 

HERE WE GO AGAIN .... BRING IT ON

 

:D

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just asking a question on behalf of my sister. She would like yo claim money back from abby, but she is worried that if she soes it might affect her morgage that she has with them......Does any one have any advise please??

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just asking a question on behalf of my sister. She would like yo claim money back from abby, but she is worried that if she soes it might affect her morgage that she has with them......Does any one have any advise please??

 

Hi

As far as I know, it shouldn't affect it, they are seperate agreements. Maybe ask on the Abbey forum:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/

 

Barty:)

I WON!!!! :D :D :D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/1774-barty-lloyds-tsb.html

 

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES:)

Link to post
Share on other sites

mortgages are different to bank accounts/ od's and cc's in that the lender cannot just close them down. You would have to give them cause i.e be seriously behind in your payments with no prospect of paying and then it could only be done by the court.

You may receive different advice to your query as people have different experiences and opinions. Please use your own judgement in deciding whose advice to take.

 

If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional. Any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability.

 

If you think I have been helpful PLEASE click the scales

 

court bundles for dummies

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I have started court proceedings against lloyds. However a few days after I did, (14th may) lloyds sent me a letter offering partial payment as full and final settlement, and stated that they would pay it into my account in the next 10 working days. I sent tham a letter saying that I will not accept this offer as full and final payment, however I would except it as partial payment ang continue with court proceedings. They acknowledged the claim and had until the 30th may to enter a defence.... Which they have not done, after taking advice from this site i decided to leave it a week after the 30th may before i sent the judgement by default which will be tomorrow. Today in the post I have recived a cheque for the payment that they offered, the letter that they sent with it says " Further to our previous letter please find enclosed a cheque made to the value of £750. we are very sorry there has been some delay"

 

What do I do next?? Do I pay the cheque into my account and then send off the judgement by default?

 

Thank you

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Can anyone help?

I received my allocation questionnaire from the court, so I filled it in and sent it back.... I have now received a gerenal form of judgement or order, it says...

Upon reading the court file:

IT IS ORDERED THAT

unless the defendant files an allocation questionnaire with the court office within 3 days of service of this order, the claimant shall have permission to enter judgment, the defence and any counter claim shall be struck out, and the defendant shall be debarred from giving evidence about any claim for damages.

 

I have waited over 3 days now so i went to the court today to enter judgment, the man at the desk asked if I wanted to send in the baliffs?? this confused me as I was not expecting it so I have come away without doing any thing so that I could find out the best thing to do next???

anyone have and suggestions?

also I spoke to someone in the courts on the phone and asked if I enter judgement what are the chances of lloyds getting a stay, she told me that its not really something the judge will do anymore??

 

Please help:???:

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm no expert but i haven't heard or read anything like that before, and IMHO i can't see any logical reason to go straight for a warrant.

 

Once you've been issued with your judgment by default, you can send and fax a copy to SC&M giving them a date you would like payment by.

 

It may take a week or two to recieve it, but from what i've read your likely to get payment quicker by following that route than you are by going the warrant route which is likely to take at least a month.

 

This will explain the ins and outs of it;

 

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/wiki/index.php/Guide_to_reclaiming_bank_charges#Default_Judgement.3F

 

Good luck

Link to post
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Have we helped you ...?


×
×
  • Create New...