Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5239 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:mad:

Hi to all!!

Having just joined, I hope somewhere can give me some advise!! I applied to Halifax in March for a refund of my bank charges. Last month I had a letter to say they were looking into the matter further and I would hear by 17th May. I rang Halifax today and was told a letter was on its way to me. Halifax said they had refused to refund my charges as they thought £32 per charge was not unreasonable!!!!

Can anybody out there advise me as to how they have come to this conclusion when other people are getting refunds within days.

Cheers for any help given.

Hi Ghosts11

Welcome to CAG. You will find loads of help on this site. You need to post your story in the Halifax forum - read lots and lots and I would advise reading the step by step guide

It is not a quick and easy road but you will win in the end if you follow the guidelines and advice on this site

I am not an expert but reading through the forums has empowered me to take control and believe in myself.

So all the best and if you need any help there is loads to be found here.

Welcome again

Regards

Sue

:mad:

Hi to all!!

Having just joined, I hope somewhere can give me some advise!! I applied to Halifax in March for a refund of my bank charges. Last month I had a letter to say they were looking into the matter further and I would hear by 17th May. I rang Halifax today and was told a letter was on its way to me. Halifax said they had refused to refund my charges as they thought £32 per charge was not unreasonable!!!!

Can anybody out there advise me as to how they have come to this conclusion when other people are getting refunds within days.

Cheers for any help given.

Hi

TBH I have never heard of anyone getting their charges back in days in some cases it can be a long slow process.

Lets start at the beginning, you obviously have your list of outstanding charges. When you say you wrote in March ahev you followed the tried and trusted process on this site i.e. Initial letter requesting money back then 14 days later, letter before action - basically asking for charges back or Court Action will follow then if nothing received Court Action. You set the timetable and basically you call the shots.

The letter you have received is a basic bog off letter and is quite standard. Let us know where you are letters wise and then we can point you in the right direction. Don't get :mad: mad, get :) even!

Hope this helps

Boo x

;) Boobaby

Please hit the scales if you think I've helped!

Please note that advice given is purely my opinion and should be treated as such.

FAQ’s

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

HSBC Claim - August 2006 £2,700 paid November 2006

Halifax Claim - August 2006 £4,100 paid December 2006

GE Capital - August 2006 - settled

Log Book Loans - August 2007 - sorted

Many thanks for the advice. I will read through the FAQs. Also spoke to the Financial Ombudsmen today who say they have no idea why Halifax have taken over 8 weeks to write and say they dont see the charges of £32 are unreasonable. I will get back for more advice shortly.