coxey61 vs capital one

coxey61
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6105 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well hi

its taken me three days to find out how to start a new thread:p ,

So ok, i sent away for my statements which i received, i was very silly as i was unaware of this great site and advice, so i used the martin lewis way,

I sent of a calculation form from his site with all of my charges and interest applied and asked for it all back it came to about £800, now joining this site i have found out i shouldnt have asked for the interest applied back, but in between me finding this out they made an offer of goodwill lol:grin: , lets not get excited it was only for 240.00, i asked around what people think and everyone said to not except it so today i got brave and sent them a letter saying i would only except it as part payment but would give them 14 days to respond or i will take court action, i also did another calculation form without interest applied and sent that now the debt to me is 600.00 so lets see what they say now.

I would like to say a big thank you to all that help your all great on this site,

am i doing well or can anyone see a fault.:???:

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You're doing brilliantly, keep it up:D

Barclays - 2 Accounts - WON

Capital 1 - WON with CI

LTSB - WON

LTSB pre 6 years - N1 for non compliance filed

Barclays pre 6 years - Prelim sent

Good luck. I'm just about to send off my LBA to Capital One too!!

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

EOS Solutions "ceased action on account" on behalf of a friend.

All in all, quite busy at the moment and enjoying every minute of it
:eek:

Ok all, need some help i have two accounts with cap one one is mine on is hubbys his is the one that i have mentioned above when i wrote first,

Now mine i had sent of my letter requesting charges back and hadnt heard from them but today i got a letter offering a goodwill gesture ha ha.

but the problem i have is even though im not agreeing to this they have also said

" i've reviewed your account and, as a gesture of goodwill, i'd like to offer to reduce the fees we've charged to £12 each.

As your account was partially settled, theres still a balance on it of £172.92. If you accept the refund then your account will settled in full and i'll notify the credit agencies of this, Ill then send you a cheque for the remainder again what i asked for was about 600.00 in charges.

So any advice on what i write back to them are they alowed to do this.

thanks all

Hello again, Go to the templates library and choose one of the rejection letters that says you accept as part payment only and will be going to court for the rest. Its fairly standard that they offer the difference between your charges and £12. Just keep going, Have you sent the Letter before action yet? if not you need to do it now. Don't worry, your doing fine

Capital 1 - WON with CI

LTSB - WON

If you've sent the prelim and this is their response to that, then you can send the LBA. You can also combine the letters. Start by accepting part payment or rejecting then add the stuff about 14 days or you're off to court. Hope this makes sense;)

Capital 1 - WON with CI

LTSB - WON

• 5 weeks later...

Ok hi everyone havent been around had a loss in the family and had to go to cyprus, now i am completly lost i have sent the letter rejecting the offer, on both accounts, I now have gone way over the time scales and need to send my court letter any help and advice on what i do.

Need to get back in the swing of it, can any one tell me what letter i use and what i have to do will try to read back as much as i can,

Thanks everyone your all great.

Ok thank you,

Just a couple of questions im not sure if you will know, but when reading through the cap one threads, they are talking about claiming interest, now on the sheets they sent me with all my charges on, there is interest (applied) do i ask for this back, or is it interest on each charge that i apply for, really dont understand this, also still cant figure the calculation sheets out how do they add it up for you am i doing them wrong.

Thank you

coxey not totally sure what you are doing with this but what you should do is a spreadsheet of a list of your charges.Go to the blank templates and then spreadsheets use the one for the credit cards print it out and you definately claim all of this. The interest is on each charge not the interest you get charged for borrowing the money.

Hope this is clearer.

• Haha 1

Hi Coxey

If you are asking for Contractual Interest, then this should be asked for from the start. However, you could send another LBA asking for it back with an updated spreadsheet, explaining that you are changing your request due to information received via various websites and the media.

It has been done a couple of times like this, just make sure you stick to your timetable after this.

To work out your APR, on your monthly statement you should have below the transaction box, your current Purchase interest and cash advance interest. It will be some thing like:

Purchase Interest 1.897%

Cash Interest 1.976%

Add these 2 figures together to get an average, then type it into this calculator found here:

http://www.zen122856.zen.co.uk/CompoundSheet_v1.9.xls

Do not use the spreadsheet on here, as it's for bank charges only. The calculator is very accurate. If you don't have your APR or % figures, call them asking what it currently is.

When you have your APR, type this into your spreadsheet on each charge. It is not uncommen for people to have an APR of 34%...

Hope this helps

Ukaviator

• Haha 1

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Hi Coxey

I can't send Pm's at the moment, have'nt a clue why. Company PC is old is the possible reason. When you open up the link, just open the calculator. You need the APR part about 3/4 of the way down on the left. This will give you your APR. Don't use the rest of the programe as it is designed for bank charges.

Uk

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Well thanks everyone you are all so great.

I must seem so dumb.

:o

i have sent Ukaviator a private message as when i clicked the link he gave me i got really lost it took me to windows file association screen, i then clicked microsoft excel and i ended up on a window for microsoft office online and stupid me was lost any help just in case Ukaviator is to busy for little me. bless.:D

Thanks everyone again

have found my APR wow

Thank you Ukaviator didnt realise you had answered.

i really wish i could do this i cannot see calculator am i clicking the right thing please see message above.

Im am sorry.

coxey61

That's ok

Click on the link

Click open and wait a short time

When it loads, you will see the Calculator for APR 3/4 of the way down on the left. Enter your average figures and it works out your APR.

uk

WARNING TO ALL

I am so sorry Uk but its not happening i click link it comes up find save cancel if i click find it takes me to microsoft excel windows live serch and windows market place and they all take me to microsoft office online no calculator.

Works ok for me..What average rate do you have?.. i will convert it for you.

Uk

WARNING TO ALL

thank you

i cannot seem to get to grips with this all.

cash withdrawal interest is 2.269

purchase interest is 2.269

what spread sheet or calculation chart should i do it on and how do i do it:rolleyes:

thanks ever so much

your a star how much do i owe you 10% ha ha

Hi Coxey

That works out at 30.9% interest APR. You add this APR to each charge on your spreadsheet. I have left some links below, where you will find the one you need. Give it time to load. I think it's spreadsheet 13 you will need. Just a donation to the site when you get your refund will help keep the site going.

Uk

WARNING TO ALL