Jump to content

I want to rent out my property how do I do it?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5113 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

About 5 years ago my mother in law moved down to live near us after her husband passed away, at the time I helped her buy a house near by and paid the mortgage. Anyway circumstances have changed and I can't really afford to keep subsidising her house etc so the long and short of it is I was considering renting it to her and then she will be able to get housing benefit. My questions are


Can I rent to a relative who would then be in receipt of housing benefit?


How do I go about becoming a landlord?


Do I set up a business account and keep everything seperate?



The house is in my wifes name and mine, no mortgage i really just want to cover the maintenance costs/insurance etc


Any help would be appreciated



Link to post
Share on other sites

The first question depends upon the LA - most do not allow rellys to get HB. The second one, if you do not already know the answer I must advise u use a letting agent

7 years in retail customer service


Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years


By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.


Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.


Please click the star if I have helped!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...