can they do this?

kezla

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5240 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all,

just alittle background so you know where i am up to...

lba request for £1,280 recieved fob off letter 12-3-07

decided to chase 2nd LTSB account before starting action as also owed £180 from that (would put both claims in same court action)

lba sent and was due a letter from the bank on 11-5-07.

Received a letter on the 11th May, dated 26th April 2007, stating "that on this occasion they were prepared to pay £750.00 in full and final settlement of your complaint. We will credit this amount within 10 working day."

Now this amount, which i neither accepted or agreed too was paid into my account on 9th may 2007.

They have ignored my request for payment via bankers draft or cheque and have paid a sum into my account without my acceptance or agreement.

The account for which the initial request of £1,280 is now with a debt management agency and the account claiming £180 is not.

What position does that now put me in for claiming the rest of my money?

I have tried to contact their customer service department but 'due to high volume of calls mine could not be accepted'.

If anybody has any advice for me then i would be extremely grateful.

Thanks

kerry

You can accept the £750 as partial settlement and still proceed with your claim for the balance.

It would appear to be that £750 is a standard amount for LTSB to be offerring at this stage.

PPMAN159

If this comment has helped please click on the scales.

is it still possible to request payment via bankers draft or cheque for the remainder £530 from the first account and payment of £180 for the 2nd account will that be taken off the account that is with the debt management company also?