Jump to content

Urgent help needed please


style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5231 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

i'm up to registering my claim through the court. Have tried to do it online but there is no where that i can see where you get exemption fees for been on benefits am I better doing this with the other forms. also do you have any idea which court in liverpool I take this form to if i have to go down this line




one messed up head scouser :(

Link to post
Share on other sites



I went to the court in person because I wasn't paying for fee. Am on working tax credit and child tax credit. If you look up local county courts on website, you will find your nearest one and also on there, there will be a form to fill in EX160 (i think) - this is an exemption form that you will in to take with your N1 (i think again - claim form).


When you take both forms in - you only need one copy of exemption form (3 of the other with a schedule of charges). You will also need to take photocopied documents incl originals of the benefits you are intending to use so as not to pay..... NOTE : the court said when I went that you had to be in receipt of both work AND child tax credit to be exempt. If you have other benefits ie : income support etc, then that should be fine.


Hope this helps. Look on my thread (search vintage72) and I have listed there the process I have taken.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Vodster,


The address is


Liverpool Civil & Family Court

35 Vernon Street



L2 2BX



Phone No' 0151 296 2200

Good luck


Link to post
Share on other sites

thank you all so very much.I have done all forms and waiting on my new tax and child creits award letter as my other one was ended april .hopefully this wont be long.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi again Vodster


Dont wait for your new award. I didnt have mine - i filed my claim mid April.


When I went to the court - I had my old awards and they turned me away saying I needed the new one. I said they hadn't been issued yet and she went to get advice and said a bank statement was fine as long as it showed the money still coming into your account from the tax credits.


Thankfully I happened to have a statement that had arrived the day before in my bag and it showed my payment coming in. They took a copy of this and accepted that.


Just take your old awards and a recent bank statement showing that you are still getting the money.


Good luck with it.

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...