Shafted by Capital One

old bloke
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6184 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I recently called the call centre, to make a payment via my debit card, I asked for £150 to be paid, but the operator had little command of English, but eventually I completed the payment. However, I discovered he had taken £1050!, making me overdrawn at my bank.This means more charges again.

I phoned their office, and was told to write to the compalints dept, and they would review my case, and may refund the banks charges.Basically they didn't seem to care at all.

How do I stand legally here, surely they took more than I authorised, is this deemed illegal , as they took £900 without my consent.

As I am in dispute over this I am with-holding any further payments, until this is resolved.

Any in-put to help me will be much appreciated,

Cheers,

OB

Of course you are entitled to a refund. 1st send a letter via special delivery explaining what happened & demand the return of your money

Then send a statutory DPA SAR (template in library) with £10 requesting copies of all documents letters, memo's, manual interventions, telephone records including transcripts of recorded conversations

I had a result today, rang the call centre, asked for some-one who can assist me with unauthorised transactions!

Explained my case, stating they had taken funds from my card without my permission, which is basically theft, therfore illegal, and as a result I had incurred even more bank charges, and that I hold them responsible for such costs , and will be claiming them + compensation.

Placed on hold for a while, then told that the unauthorised amount will be refunded within 48 hours, to my banks, very sorry , grovel etc etc.

I shall send copies of statements relating to the charges, and demand these are also paid in full, we shall see on this one.

It may have some bearing on the out-come, that I asked if they would be happy to read the tale of their actions on this forum !

I will post the next stage results, as and when I hear from them,

OB