Help! At the court stage

pondlife

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5187 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Please help

I have all the letters back from Abbey stating that they are sorry that I am not happy. I am now at the stage where I need to continue with the court proceedings. How do I go about this? I am trying to get back from Abbey approx £7000. I just don't know where to start.

Abbey sent me a letter saying they need another 4 weeks. Do I need to write to them to say I am taking them to court?

They are quick to take money off me if I owe them.. I feel like am begging to get my own money back. PLEASE HELP:-|

Hi pondlife

If you have your statements or information on charges from Abbey and you've sent the prelim letter followed by letter before action (LBA) the next step is the court N1 form.

Your post isn't clear what you've sent to Abbey already. Did you use template letters from this site? If so, the LBA tells them your next step will be court action. If not, you might need to check what you've sent to them.

A good place to look is the Frequently Asked Questions and the step by step guide

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31460-example-step-step-instructions.html

If you've sent these letters then have a look at the guidance for completing the N1 (or MCOL) in the Templates library.

Good Luck:)

Thanx for your reply

I am at the stage where I have given a spreadsheet of all my charges, given them the alotted time scale to reply. Sent them a letter giving 14 days to reply or would take the next step which would be court. All I have recieved is a letter stating they need another 4 weeks to investigate my claim. My next stage is the take take them to court. I don't know where to start.

Hi pondlife

Firstly I would recommend that you read the FAQ's it will advise you how to proceed with your claim, it's very important from this point in you understand the process other wise you could mess up, so read the FAQ's first and then read all the topics in the section which refers to your bank

Don't worry you will soon learn the tatics of the bank and be prepared for the next step, by doing this you will also find people at the same stage as you which you will be able to compare how you are doing with your claim.

Regarding the time scales stick to your own and not Abbey's the 4 weeks to reply is just another standard letter that they send so just carry on.

If you are now ready to file at Court then you have two options MCOL (this is internet based I am not sure of the process for this but others will adivse you) or your local court, which you need to complete an N1 form again look on here there is a template for you to follow, I personally would suggest you file at your local court but I am sure others will advise the internet MCOL is easier, if you do go down the MCOL route then you have to send the spread sheet with the charges manually, which many people forget and this can delay things.

I hope that has answered your question's I cannot stress enough that you do your research on each stage of the process before you proceed, and if you are not sure then ask

Good luck with your claim

• Haha 1

Nat West Settled 2 acct's before action:

£2194.77 settled £1904.00 08/01/2007 less interest

£650.93 Settled overpaid GOGW £850.00 02/01/2007

Applied Abbey statements -40 day up 24/04/06(arrived 30/06/06)

Prem 04/01/2007 - reply rcvd 22nd Jan advising not paying

LBA 22/01/07

14/02/07 N1 filed @ local court

21/02/07 issued claim

23/02/07 deemed served

25/02/07 Abbey acknowledgement defend in full.

19/03/07 defence + 50% GOGW

13/04/07 AQ final day for submission

30/04/07 DEFENCE STRUCK OUT "ABUSE OF PROCESS"

01/05/07 Judgement order

8/05/07 Warrant of Execution requested

Media coverage :D

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6701231.stm

http://www.newburytoday.co.uk/News/Article.aspx?articleID=4505

If you find my post helpfull then please click my scales:)

Extremely good advice there Pondlife, the secret to success is to read, read and read some more.

Go through the FAQs again, then look at all the info about court, there's even an A to Z which answers almost every question you can think of.

As Mariejader says, you MUST be sure of yourself when you file cos Abbey will pounce on any error to delay things or get out of paying.

I personally recommend the N1 at your local court cos they'll have a quick look before they stamp it and tell you if anything's missing etc. It will cost £250 to file if you're over £5k in charges and O/D interest. And when you do file, don't forget to add the s69 interest.

Good luck with your claim and keep us posted.

Any questions or things you're unsure about, come back on here and someone will be along to help. Everybody on this site is so helpful. :)

• 1 month later...

so how's the claim going pondlife?

Nat West Settled 2 acct's before action:

£2194.77 settled £1904.00 08/01/2007 less interest

£650.93 Settled overpaid GOGW £850.00 02/01/2007

Applied Abbey statements -40 day up 24/04/06(arrived 30/06/06)

Prem 04/01/2007 - reply rcvd 22nd Jan advising not paying

LBA 22/01/07

14/02/07 N1 filed @ local court

21/02/07 issued claim

23/02/07 deemed served

25/02/07 Abbey acknowledgement defend in full.

19/03/07 defence + 50% GOGW

13/04/07 AQ final day for submission

30/04/07 DEFENCE STRUCK OUT "ABUSE OF PROCESS"

01/05/07 Judgement order

8/05/07 Warrant of Execution requested

Media coverage :D

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6701231.stm

http://www.newburytoday.co.uk/News/Article.aspx?articleID=4505

If you find my post helpfull then please click my scales:)