offer in full but cant get money PLEASE HELP!!!

1393LISA
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6178 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

FIRSTLY I WOULD LIKE TO SAY HELLO!

I HAVE READ THE FORUM FOR MONTHS & IT HAS HELPED ME LOTS, EVEN GAVE ME THE COURAGE TO CONTACT MY OWN BANK TO RECLAIM BACK CHARGES.:eek:

I HAVE RECENTLY CLAIMED BACK £3513 FROM 'NATWEST' IT ALL WENT VERY EASY, EASIER THAN I EXPECTED!! :) I RECIEVED A OFFER LETTER FOR THE FULL ASKING AMOUNT A FORTNIGHT AGO, STATING THAT IT WOULD BE PAID STRAIGHT INTO MY ACCOUNT, WHICH I THOUGHT HAD BEEN CLOSED SINCE SEPTEMBER 2006. I WOULD HAVE PREFERED A CHEQUE BUT AFTER REQUESTING THIS THEY TOLD ME BECAUSE MY ACCOUNT WAS STILL OPEN IT WOULD HAVE TO BE PAID INTO THIS ACCOUNT, THE MONEY HAD TO STAY IN THIS ACCOUNT FOR 10 DAYS, :? THEN THEY WOULD CLOSE THE ACCOUNT & FORWARD ME A CHEQUE.

I WENT INTO MY LOCAL BRANCH YESTERDAY TO SEE WHAT WAS HAPPENING, THE ASSISTANT TOLD ME THAT THE MONEY HAD BEEN CREDITTED TO MY ACCOUNT ON THE 4TH MAY, I ASKED IF I COULD WITHDRAW IT & SHE SAID I COULDNT BECAUSE THERE WAS A MARKER ON MY ACCOUNT,

I PHONED THE NUMBER ON THE OFFER LATER & WAS TOLD THAT IT WAS COMPANY POLICY BECAUSE OF THE AMOUNT THAT IT MUST STAY IN THE ACCOUNT FOR 10 WORKING DAYS THEN THEY WILL POST THE CHEQUE OUT, THEN I WILL HAVE TO WAIT FOR IT TO ARRIVE & CLEAR , IN ALL SINCE THE OFFER IT WILL BE OVER A MONTH UNTIL I CAN GET MY HANDS ON THE CASH.:evil:

I KNOW I SHOULD BE GRATEFUL THAT I HAVE AT LEAST GOT SOMETHING BACK AT ALL, ITS JUST VERY FRUSTRATING THAT I HAVE TO WAIT SO LONG!

HAS ANYBODY ELSE HAD SIMILAR EXPERIENCE & WHY DOES THE MONEY HAVE TO REMAIN IN MY ACCOUNT FOR 10 DAYS, THEY ALSO ARE SAYING THAT AFTER THE 10 DAYS I CANT EVEN GO & WITHDRAW IT DIRECTLY FROM MY LOCAL BRANCH!!! ARE THEY IN THERE RIGHTS TO DO THIS?

I AM ALSO CONSERNED AS I HAVE AN OUTSTANDING DEBT FOR A 'BANK OF SCOTLAND' CREDIT CARD WHICH I PAY AN AGREED AMOUNT ON A REGULAR BASIS, AS 'NATWEST' IS PART OF THE 'ROYAL BANK OF SCOTLAND' CAN THEY USE THIS MONEY TO PAY THIS DEBT WITHOUT MY PERMISSION???:?

THANKS XX

No, they can't decide what they do with it.

It really depends how long you have left to access the money, and how much of a fight you would like to make of it.

But, if they move any of that money to another part of their parent company, do not accept it.

At what stage did they offer to repay? (In other words, was it before court action or after, and what stage of court proceedings etc etc)

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

I AM ALSO CONSERNED AS I HAVE AN OUTSTANDING DEBT FOR A 'BANK OF SCOTLAND' CREDIT CARD WHICH I PAY AN AGREED AMOUNT ON A REGULAR BASIS, AS 'NATWEST' IS PART OF THE 'ROYAL BANK OF SCOTLAND' CAN THEY USE THIS MONEY TO PAY THIS DEBT WITHOUT MY PERMISSION???:?

THANKS XX

Bank of Scotland and the Royal Bank of Scotland are not connected

Spotnot v MBNA and their nasty solicitors (on behalf of my friend)

If I have helped in any way, click my scales.

Remember, we were all newbies once!!

When you win, donate!!!

THANKS jonni2bad vbmenu_register("postmenu_818773", true);

THERE OFFER IN FULL WAS GIVEN AFTER ABOUT 8 WEEKS OF CORRESPONDING & FOR THE FULL AMOUNT I ASKED FOR, BUT BEFORE I EVEN HAD CHANCE WITH THE COURT.

THANKS FOR YOUR ADVICE I CAN ALEAST STOP PANICKING! I SO NEED THIS MONEY, ALOT OF THE CHARGES OCCURED WHEN I WAS REALLY ILL, THEY JUST SPIRALLED OUT OF CONTROL & NOBODY FROM THE BANK GAVE A STUFF I WAS ILL! THIS & NOT BEING ABLE TO WORK LEFT ME IN FINANCIAL DIFFICULTIES!

CAN ANYBODY ADVISE MY ON WHY THEY ARE HOLDING ONTO THE MONEY FOR 10 DAYS IS THIS NORMAL PROCEDURE?

THANKS

I would think normal administration period. It is most probably 10 working days, which will make it a 2 week wait. Sorry.:(

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

Thanks For That Parkvale

Just Gettin A Little Impatient!!

But Also Feel Really Bad As Some People Still Have Ages To Wait Until They See ThERE Money!

I Should Be Grateful My Situation Went Smoothly

I Wish You All The Best With Your Claim :) Xxx

Thanks alot. You will win. Its amazing how you control your patience.

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

nat west made me an offer yesterday which i have siad i will accept but on my condition that they send me a cheque made payable to myself, i don't want it swallowing up as nat west see fit. do they have the right either legally or contractually to decide what to do with what is effectively OUR money. I have a dormant account with Nat West and want the cheque to be paid into the bank account i am using now with an alternative bank ?? does anyone know if Nat west have sent cheques out as i have insisted to previous claimants ??

• 2 weeks later...

hi if u read my thread on nat west successes u will see the troubles i had with nat west and how i finally got my money from them by chq even tho i had an outstanding loan a/c that was with credit management

good luck

jks2301