Wildheart's mummy Vs Capital One

wildheart83
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6085 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Fresh from my own success with a couple of the banks i'm now working on helping my folks claim their charges back.

One 2 accounts with Capital One, my mum has racked up just under £1000 of charges, £300+ on one account, and £600+ on the other. Since we're in Scotland is it better to keep the two claims together or separate them?

Thanks for your advice in advance

Jo x

Wildheart

As I understand from reading on this site, you would be better to separate the two claims out. With regard to the interest charged, my Purchase Interest varied over the three years I incurred charges so I took an average which worked out at 30%.

HTH

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update.

Got an offer in yesterday for £260, about 25% of the total charges requested and they say they'll refund onto each account by the 15th June.

My mum doesn't want the money to go onto the account, can I send a letter asking for the refund via cheque and that it'll be as part payment, and be sure they'll do it before the 15th June?

Hi

I read before if claiming CCI then dont accept a part payment. Im sure you can request a cheque as its your money after all.

Someone else will probably be along to explain a bit more about rejecting a part payment.

Heres a link for the letter for rejecting the offer.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/25716-rejecting-offers.html

Hope this helps

Lindy x

I've got the rejection letter ready to be printed, but i'm concerned that they won't deal with it until after the 15th june.

At the moment my mum won't let me go for Contractual Interest (!) but i've calculated it at an extra £774 which takes me well over the limit for claiming in Scotland

Just a quick update.

Got an offer in yesterday for £260, about 25% of the total charges requested and they say they'll refund onto each account by the 15th June.

My mum doesn't want the money to go onto the account, can I send a letter asking for the refund via cheque and that it'll be as part payment, and be sure they'll do it before the 15th June?

Keep your claim intact, reject their offer and tell them you're carrying on with the claim. Your Mum needs to understand that interest has been paid on each of the charges and you're claiming back what you've paid out!! You want ALL your money back not just SOME of it :D

P :)

What can i say about old(er) people.....!

It's me who's basically doing the claim so i'll be going for as much as I can rather than letting her accept a low offer.

Would you recommend rejecting the offer and going for the whole lot (interest included) rather than accept this as a part payment?

• 2 months later...

Ok I've sent the rejection letter to Cap 1 asking them to take the money back as we're going for the full amount via court claim. they have paid £120 into one account but have withdrawn their offer of £260 on the other account.

I've sent the LBA and given them approx 4 weeks to respond but they haven't as yet so now it's time to file with the court.

Since the claim is in Scotland I understand that I can't use MCOL.

What i'm not sure about is if and when it gets to court will my mum have to be present? I've had relatively simple successes with other companies and haven't had to file at court yet

Ok I've sent the rejection letter to Cap 1 asking them to take the money back as we're going for the full amount via court claim. they have paid £120 into one account but have withdrawn their offer of £260 on the other account.

I've sent the LBA and given them approx 4 weeks to respond but they haven't as yet so now it's time to file with the court.

Since the claim is in Scotland I understand that I can't use MCOL.

What i'm not sure about is if and when it gets to court will my mum have to be present? I've had relatively simple successes with other companies and haven't had to file at court yet

Hey hun, haven't heard from you in a while! Don't think any of us should be using anything but N1 now in court as per suggestion on this site. Check out this thread which is for those in Scotland who are making a claim :) : http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/scotland/

Yeah changed jobs and didn't have internet access for a wee while, been neglecting my daily surfing!

I've been having a look on there, but because it's not my claim as such i want to make sure i'm doing it all properly.

Have i got it right that for scotland it's £1500 per claim?